Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overweight while LL surgery  (Read 3616 times)

vishal

• Visitor
Overweight while LL surgery
« on: March 02, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »

I am 10 kg overweight according to my height, my height is 164 cm and weight is 75 kg .Will this be a  problem while going for LL surgery?

aspirant185

Re: Overweight while LL surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »

I am 175 cm but 69 kg.. and I have some belly so I cannot imagine how that looks with you :)))

Anyway try to lose 5-6 kg before the surgery. Its not that hard, if you eat 500 calories less than what you need, you can burn 900 gramm for a week, o 5.4 kg for  a month and a half.

If you do LL overweight, the device, however weight bearing, might get broken and you will suffer a lot.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

tibiafibulaop

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 07:48:07 PM »

mate after surgery you will loose enaugh but guess what dont do this surgery

texasbruce

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:55:00 PM »

Depends on what method you are targeting.

If you are doing ilizarov, 10kg overweight is not an issue.

If you are doing internal devices or external monorails, it will be an issue. Nail / Rail bending is already very common for those, not to say you are overweight.

Nightwish

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »

From what I've read it certainly helps to be in a peak athletic condition. Presuming it is mainly fat and not muscle I agree with Aspirant, although if you hit up a bike instead of cutting 500 I think that would also help the condition of your legs. Win win. I think I read somewhere you pretty much need to be below 150lbs to start weightloading properly with Precise/ fitbone (can't remember which) before full consolidation? Might be making that up. Think one of Dr Birkholtz/ Monegal mentioned this.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

DoingItForMe

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:11:19 PM »

It will be a problem if you don't have the willpower to diet and exercise. You need a lot of exercising after surgery to get back in shape, otherwise you'll have a really bad recovery. You also need a lot of willpower to power through the pain and sleepless nights. There was another patient who didn't do the physical therapy. After 2 years, he still couldn't run because of it.

You need to change your lifestyle. Even if you don't do this surgery. Stop eating/drinking carbs.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »

I went from 215 lbs to 170 lbs from beginning of surgery to frame removal. I think all the extra weight affected was having a few more bolts in my legs than someone else would have.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ub40

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 06:20:13 AM »

How has your recovery been so far kilohan? Are you 100% yet?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

TRS

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »

From what I've read it certainly helps to be in a peak athletic condition. Presuming it is mainly fat and not muscle I agree with Aspirant, although if you hit up a bike instead of cutting 500 I think that would also help the condition of your legs. Win win. I think I read somewhere you pretty much need to be below 150lbs to start weightloading properly with Precise/ fitbone (can't remember which) before full consolidation? Might be making that up. Think one of Dr Birkholtz/ Monegal mentioned this.
If the patient is 150lbs or below, they can stand on both legs while full weight bearing with the 12.5mm PRECICE2 nail (the largest diameter). Each 12.5mm PRECICE2 nail can support 75lbs, so its is highly recommended to partial weight bear while walking and not exceed 75lbs on either leg with the aid of a walker.
I am 10 kg overweight according to my height, my height is 164 cm and weight is 75 kg .Will this be a  problem while going for LL surgery?
If you're going to lengthen with PRECICE2 or a similar nail like Fitbone, then it'll be a good idea to lose weight. Pre-op flexibility maybe beneficial too.

vishal

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »

I am not bothering about weight , I am bothering about pain and other factors due to overweight.

goldenegg

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »

Looking back I wish I went into LL a little overweight while still having the same fitness and flexibility.  I went in pretty lean and couldn't eat enough to give the energy my body needed after the surgery.  Throwing up hospital food due to anesthesia effects (or morphine maybe) and no appetite afterwards due to drugs, pain, tiredness, mental etc.  I lost a lot of weight that was mostly muscle and probably hurt my recovery

DoingItForMe

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:19 PM »

I am not bothering about weight , I am bothering about pain and other factors due to overweight.
Assuming that you don't exercise often, the problem is that you will have a bad recovery if you continue to not exercise after surgery. It'll take much longer before you can walk properly or even be able to run or go up and down stairs or crouch down to pick up something.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 12:22:52 AM »

Being obese is a big NO NO.
Being overweight isn't advisable.
Weightbearing becomes increasingly complicated as you are fatter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up