Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duration of limb lengthening ?  (Read 8486 times)

MyVision

• Visitor
Duration of limb lengthening ?
« on: March 01, 2016, 02:16:21 AM »

Hi Guys!
I am new here and this is my first post. I am wondering how long time it would take from LL surgery to being able to live a normal live (even in with crutches). As far as I can read it takes about 6 months for lengthening 7cm tibia. I don't think when I am finally done with my education my workplace would allow such a long leave :'(.

MyVision
Jake

patientdad

Re: Duration of limb lengthening ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:55:30 AM »

My son is 8 months post-op, and he still is not walking normally.  A little off, but way better than a month ago.  So, ten months, post-op, is probably a good time frame.

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:59:46 AM »

im 20 months and not  walking normally

my advice is...  forget this surgery

ub40

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »

What method did your son use, patientdad?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

patientdad

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 11:38:35 PM »

Internal femurs, precice 2, with Dr. Mahboubian in Los Angeles.

texasbruce

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:02 PM »

Internal femurs, precice 2, with Dr. Mahboubian in Los Angeles.

That's why I don't recommend precise... Full weight bearing is so important

spaghetti743

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 01:39:21 AM »

What was your estimated amount paid in Los angelos? Is it affordable?

patientdad

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 05:38:04 AM »

Affordable?  If you have $100k to $110K.  That includes the $20k to have the rods removed.

ub40

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 05:58:04 AM »

20k to have the rods removed? I always thought that was a very basic surgery that shouldn't cost more than a couple of grand
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

patientdad

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 12:09:49 AM »

Pretty sure it is $20k.  The anesthesiologist is almost $2k alone.

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 01:57:04 AM »

yeaeh well, medicine in the USA... it is ridiculous beyond belief :D The doctors make 1 000 just to say hi.

I had an eye surgery back in 2013 in Beverly Hills and had 3 small stiches in the eye that were supposed to be taken out 1  month post op, and even though the surgery cost 13k which was affordable, the doc charged me 2 500 to remove the stiches. Can you guess how much time it took him ? Exactly 2 minutes and 18 seconds. He even bragged about that he was like dont worry its fast and painless let me check the time .. and it was 2 minutes and 18 seconds :D
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

MyVision

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 12:54:26 AM »

Wow 20 months! What surgery did you do Crimsomtide?

ppatient

• banned - clone account
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 12:17:01 AM »

Yes, Crinsom 2 years. Musicmaker's case is going to be worse and Cooper's too, but Crinsom is the only one who dares to tell the truth.

drewicz

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 01:41:18 AM »

what is "normal live"?
I made internal femur. And im 2 months after clicking. I can walking normally without crutches. Only stairs is a problem, and long distance without break.
I still have little duck ass but in t-shirt probably nobody from normal world didn't notice any difference. But if i go outside i still take crutches.
One guy who made surgery 55 days before me walking already outside without crutches.

One girl who made surgery 2 days before me going to school every day when she clicking... it's possible of course... but i think it's like going somewhere when you have flu. :)

But.... we all made femurs, its more safe than tibia. And we all made internal... more faster than precise or ilizarov.

Peaceout

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »

what is "normal live"?
I made internal femur. And im 2 months after clicking. I can walking normally without crutches. Only stairs is a problem, and long distance without break.
I still have little duck ass but in t-shirt probably nobody from normal world didn't notice any difference. But if i go outside i still take crutches.
One guy who made surgery 55 days before me walking already outside without crutches.

One girl who made surgery 2 days before me going to school every day when she clicking... it's possible of course... but i think it's like going somewhere when you have flu. :)

But.... we all made femurs, its more safe than tibia. And we all made internal... more faster than precise or ilizarov.
You mean 2 months after finishing the clicking phase?
How much did you do?

chineseguy

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 04:57:40 PM »

anyone here knows duration of pure external limb lngthening of 4cm lower legs? thank you

Knik

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »

anyone here knows duration of pure external limb lngthening of 4cm lower legs? thank you

7 - 10 month
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »

7 - 10 month
Nah not really, most doctors say that it's roughly 1,5-2 months per cm lengthened. According to most Dr.'s it's more like 6-8 months. 10 months would involve serious complications.

Knik

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »

Nah not really, most doctors say that it's roughly 1,5-2 months per cm lengthened. According to most Dr.'s it's more like 6-8 months. 10 months would involve serious complications.

so 5-6 cm = 10 months
so why is more dangerous than 8 months ?
Looking for Pili

Svensk

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »

Can any1 find the "official" thread with all doctors?
There was a timeframe with most doctors where they mentioned how long time clicking took, how long post-surgery until crutches, when you could move on etc.

I saw the thread a couple of months ago.
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

hyong

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 11:57:34 PM »

Can any1 find the "official" thread with all doctors?
There was a timeframe with most doctors where they mentioned how long time clicking took, how long post-surgery until crutches, when you could move on etc

I saw the thread a couple of months ago.

The thread which you saw should be located in the old make me taller forum, I am sure there is one there but it's pretty old, because its taking about the albiza nail, that's no longer in use.

drewicz

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »

You mean 2 months after finishing the clicking phase?
How much did you do?

Yes. 9Cm on right and 8,4 on left. (my legs before surgery wasn't equal). I starting walking without crutches 1 month after i finishing clicking phase. I mean i was in toilet and that make me tired. ;)

But every day i try to do more... and today im on my legs about 2h(1h standing) and  i made 4km(my phone counting my steps... funny is that function works properly from 2 weeks - since then my phone thinks that I walking normally without cruthes. :)
But mostly my walking are in my flat or on terrace, and i must make much breaks.

Few days ago i was outside and make few km. I live on 3 flors, so the stairs is a impediment.
I was at hairdresser, then i was in shop, then to next, then with my gf we was in restaurant. There in restaurant I have been in toilet without cruthes (first time outside without cruthes  8).  Hovever after all, next day i had pain in my IT bands, and soreness on my quadriceps so i made next day off.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 01:52:23 AM »

Yes. 9Cm on right and 8,4 on left. (my legs before surgery wasn't equal). I starting walking without crutches 1 month after i finishing clicking phase. I mean i was in toilet and that make me tired. ;)

But every day i try to do more... and today im on my legs about 2h(1h standing) and  i made 4km(my phone counting my steps... funny is that function works properly from 2 weeks - since then my phone thinks that I walking normally without cruthes. :)
But mostly my walking are in my flat or on terrace, and i must make much breaks.

Few days ago i was outside and make few km. I live on 3 flors, so the stairs is a impediment.
I was at hairdresser, then i was in shop, then to next, then with my gf we was in restaurant. There in restaurant I have been in toilet without cruthes (first time outside without cruthes  8).  Hovever after all, next day i had pain in my IT bands, and soreness on my quadriceps so i made next day off.

Who you did your operation with? Betz?
I learned some stuff during this time

drewicz

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 08:54:38 PM »

Yes. Dr Betz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up