Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: People who did LL I have a question for you  (Read 6266 times)

TIBIKE200

People who did LL I have a question for you
« on: February 19, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »

If before LL you were using lifts that gave you the same height or even lightly less (most lifts are of 1-3inches). After LL when you got to the height you had using the lifts and even surpassing it by a bit, was it different? To be more comprihebsible (how do you spell this word?!) If before LL with lifts you were 5'8-5'9 (or lower for the shorter folks) and after LL you became the same height as when you wore those lifts (or maybe even slightly taller), did the feeling was any different? Like being 5'9 with lifts and being 5'9 without lifts is such a big change or is it the same in the end?
I learned some stuff during this time

Nightwish

Re: People who did LL I have a question for you
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »

Comprehensible  ;)
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

DoingItForMe

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »

I had 2 inch insole lifts prior to LL and it started around high school. That put me around 5'7"-5'8". The difference was real, but I was still somewhat short. But I wasn't short enough that people were making fun of me. I had friends who were 5'4"-5'5" who were made fun of for being short. I was dangerously close to that height at 5'5"-5'6". But the shoe lifts took me out of that zone and into a more acceptable height. So a lot of the discrimination was gone after the shoe lifts. But I still wasn't tall enough to really be with the best looking girls. Those girls were usually dating 5'9"+ guys.

With 3.1" of LL, I'm near 5'9", which is still below average. The feeling is much better than wearing lifts if you don't consider the super weak legs, and constant aching and soreness, and inability to run fast. But the shame of wearing lifts is gone. It's great to be able to say that I really am 5'9" now, and I don't have to worry about taking off my shoes in front of anyone. I can wear shorts without worrying about exposing my short legs. I can go to the beach now without my friends realizing that I'm actually really short. It's a great feeling.

If your goal is to feel better about yourself, then there isn't much difference between lifts and LL. You'll feel better when you're taller no matter what the means are. But if the goal is to date someone taller than you, then it will not work. Once you get to the house/bedroom and take off those shoes, your gig is up and the girl will most likely leave you immediately. With LL, you don't have to worry about that.

The biggest difference is that with LL, you can add lifts and get even taller than ever before. With the right shoes and a small lift, which is barely noticeable even if I take off my shoes, I'm around 5'10"-5'11". This is really the height where I'm feeling great about my height. From 5'8"-5'9", I felt that it was acceptable, but not like "great". But at 5'10"-5'11", I actually felt tall. It's at this height where I noticed that girls were really taking an interest in me. Some girls were even taller than my original height. So without LL, the number and possibly quality of girls I attracted would have been less. While I still hold the belief that this surgery is not worth getting just to get girls, I must admit that it is quite a great feeling when girls are attracted to me for the way that I look rather than how much money I had or how funny I was. I just never had that kind of reaction from girls as I growing up, and I can see in real life the drastic difference between the way someone treated me at 5'5"-5'6" to 5'10"-5'11". It's quite stupid how height changes people's feelings towards you. But I guess that's just how the world works.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 04:06:40 PM »

I had 2 inch insole lifts prior to LL and it started around high school. That put me around 5'7"-5'8". The difference was real, but I was still somewhat short. But I wasn't short enough that people were making fun of me. I had friends who were 5'4"-5'5" who were made fun of for being short. I was dangerously close to that height at 5'5"-5'6". But the shoe lifts took me out of that zone and into a more acceptable height. So a lot of the discrimination was gone after the shoe lifts. But I still wasn't tall enough to really be with the best looking girls. Those girls were usually dating 5'9"+ guys.

With 3.1" of LL, I'm near 5'9", which is still below average. The feeling is much better than wearing lifts if you don't consider the super weak legs, and constant aching and soreness, and inability to run fast. But the shame of wearing lifts is gone. It's great to be able to say that I really am 5'9" now, and I don't have to worry about taking off my shoes in front of anyone. I can wear shorts without worrying about exposing my short legs. I can go to the beach now without my friends realizing that I'm actually really short. It's a great feeling.

If your goal is to feel better about yourself, then there isn't much difference between lifts and LL. You'll feel better when you're taller no matter what the means are. But if the goal is to date someone taller than you, then it will not work. Once you get to the house/bedroom and take off those shoes, your gig is up and the girl will most likely leave you immediately. With LL, you don't have to worry about that.

The biggest difference is that with LL, you can add lifts and get even taller than ever before. With the right shoes and a small lift, which is barely noticeable even if I take off my shoes, I'm around 5'10"-5'11". This is really the height where I'm feeling great about my height. From 5'8"-5'9", I felt that it was acceptable, but not like "great". But at 5'10"-5'11", I actually felt tall. It's at this height where I noticed that girls were really taking an interest in me. Some girls were even taller than my original height. So without LL, the number and possibly quality of girls I attracted would have been less. While I still hold the belief that this surgery is not worth getting just to get girls, I must admit that it is quite a great feeling when girls are attracted to me for the way that I look rather than how much money I had or how funny I was. I just never had that kind of reaction from girls as I growing up, and I can see in real life the drastic difference between the way someone treated me at 5'5"-5'6" to 5'10"-5'11". It's quite stupid how height changes people's feelings towards you. But I guess that's just how the world works.

You think it's possible to wear lifts even after doing LL on tibia? Also I didnt understand... You said that when you take your shoes off you are 5'10-5'11?
  Also, you said that once you take off the "lift shoes" the girl will leave you immediatly... Did you experienced it in your lifetime? Getting to bed with a woman and than being dumped the minute after your real height is revealed?

n.b Thx for the detailed answer :D

ub40

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »

Hey, what method of lengthening did you do and how long ago was your surgery? I'm asking because you mentioned super weak legs and constant soreness. Is that something you think you will live with for life?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

DoingItForMe

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 08:02:14 AM »

@kian222 all that information is right there in the bottom of my posts. I'm not sure if I have to live with it for the rest of my life. My belief is that I don't, and I just have to wait until they remove the rods.

You think it's possible to wear lifts even after doing LL on tibia? Also I didnt understand... You said that when you take your shoes off you are 5'10-5'11?
  Also, you said that once you take off the "lift shoes" the girl will leave you immediatly... Did you experienced it in your lifetime? Getting to bed with a woman and than being dumped the minute after your real height is revealed?

n.b Thx for the detailed answer :D
I don't think it's wise to wear lifts after tibia lengthening, because wearing lifts require a lot of strength from your shins. You'd probably be tripping and having flexibility issues after tibia LL if you wore lifts, too.

I'm saying that I wear sneakers with a thick sole and a small lift inside. It boosts me from 5'9" to 5'10-5'11", which is really the height I wanted in the first place. It looks more pleasing and proportional, because my femurs are long. So the lifts make my tibias look longer, and thus balance things out. If I take off my shoes, I'd be 5'9", but I don't think that's that drastic that a girl will notice. Before when I was wearing 2" lifts on top of my thick sneakers already, it would have been very noticeable.

Yes, I experienced this once with a very hot model. We even booked a hotel room together with only one king bed. Everything was going super well until I had to take off my shoes. And, needless to say, after that happened, everything went downhill. The thing is that she was taller than me by an inch (5'7"). With the lifts, I was slightly taller than her. But once she noticed that I was actually shorter than her, it was game over. Messed up part is that now I am actually taller than my original height + lifts. So perhaps she'd have liked me if I had LL before meeting her. Oh well, it's too late now.

I really feel bad for short guys. Since I lived on both sides, I can tell you that it's all real and not in your head. It really is much easier to be not short. But... unfortunately LL is also very hard. So, pick your poison I guess.
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:23:31 AM »

@kian222 all that information is right there in the bottom of my posts. I'm not sure if I have to live with it for the rest of my life. My belief is that I don't, and I just have to wait until they remove the rods.
I don't think it's wise to wear lifts after tibia lengthening, because wearing lifts require a lot of strength from your shins. You'd probably be tripping and having flexibility issues after tibia LL if you wore lifts, too.

I'm saying that I wear sneakers with a thick sole and a small lift inside. It boosts me from 5'9" to 5'10-5'11", which is really the height I wanted in the first place. It looks more pleasing and proportional, because my femurs are long. So the lifts make my tibias look longer, and thus balance things out. If I take off my shoes, I'd be 5'9", but I don't think that's that drastic that a girl will notice. Before when I was wearing 2" lifts on top of my thick sneakers already, it would have been very noticeable.

Yes, I experienced this once with a very hot model. We even booked a hotel room together with only one king bed. Everything was going super well until I had to take off my shoes. And, needless to say, after that happened, everything went downhill. The thing is that she was taller than me by an inch (5'7"). With the lifts, I was slightly taller than her. But once she noticed that I was actually shorter than her, it was game over. Messed up part is that now I am actually taller than my original height + lifts. So perhaps she'd have liked me if I had LL before meeting her. Oh well, it's too late now.

I really feel bad for short guys. Since I lived on both sides, I can tell you that it's all real and not in your head. It really is much easier to be not short. But... unfortunately LL is also very hard. So, pick your poison I guess.

By lifts I meant 1-2cm insoles not the 1-3inch ones.. I am sorry to hear you had to pass that experience with that woman....
 thx again for the answer

DoingItForMe

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 12:33:31 PM »

By lifts I meant 1-2cm insoles not the 1-3inch ones.. I am sorry to hear you had to pass that experience with that woman....
 thx again for the answer
Yea, I don't think 1-2cm insoles are too bad. You could probably still wear them after Tibia LL. 1-2 cm insoles is what I wear now, and it's almost not noticeable at all when you take off your shoes. But most of the time, I don't wear them. I wear them when I want to experience life as a 5'10"-5'11" guy. And all I can say is that I get when people who are already average height want to get taller. Because you really do get treated differently at each height level. Even just an inch can sometimes make a difference if the person is close to height. But once again, I want to say that whether LL's worth it or not is really debatable.

May I ask why you're asking this question? Are you considering using lifts instead of getting LL? If so, if you're like me, it's only a temporary solution and not a long term one. After you take them off and you end up feeling short again.
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 12:45:51 PM »

Yea, I don't think 1-2cm insoles are too bad. You could probably still wear them after Tibia LL. 1-2 cm insoles is what I wear now, and it's almost not noticeable at all when you take off your shoes. But most of the time, I don't wear them. I wear them when I want to experience life as a 5'10"-5'11" guy. And all I can say is that I get when people who are already average height want to get taller. Because you really do get treated differently at each height level. Even just an inch can sometimes make a difference if the person is close to height. But once again, I want to say that whether LL's worth it or not is really debatable.

May I ask why you're asking this question? Are you considering using lifts instead of getting LL? If so, if you're like me, it's only a temporary solution and not a long term one. After you take them off and you end up feeling short again.

I am asking it because I am going to do a 6cm LL on my tibia this summer with Catagni. It will get me from 171-172 to 177-178 and I just want to know if afterwards my legs will look freakishly long if I will wear lifts (Right now I am wearing them because I have flatfoot)

PatientZero

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »

I am asking it because I am going to do a 6cm LL on my tibia this summer with Catagni. It will get me from 171-172 to 177-178 and I just want to know if afterwards my legs will look freakishly long if I will wear lifts (Right now I am wearing them because I have flatfoot)

Lol TIBIKE.. nice try.

People wear corrective insoles to combat flatfoot, not lifts. We wear lifts.. cuz we're short?
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

applesandoranges

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »

Tibike, I read in another thread you were waiting to do a consultation with him later this month. You decided to go with him even before consultation?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »

Lol TIBIKE.. nice try.

People wear corrective insoles to combat flatfoot, not lifts. We wear lifts.. cuz we're short?

I meant corrective insole... It is adding me between 1-2cm. I bought it from an orthopedic shop...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »

Tibike, I read in another thread you were waiting to do a consultation with him later this month. You decided to go with him even before consultation?

Yep. He is the real deal

applesandoranges

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »

Yep. He is the real deal

What made you book the surgery date so hastily instead of just waiting to see him on the 29th? Seems rushed

TIBIKE200

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »

What made you book the surgery date so hastily instead of just waiting to see him on the 29th? Seems rushed

I didnt book a date. I just know that I will do it with him based on the fact that he is known as the top doctor with the ilizarov technique.
 I plan to do it in the summer (august-october period). Dont know when yet. And dont want to waste more time. I am 25 years old.

ouroboros

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »

Right now I'm wearing corrective insole also(flat foot) and it gives me an additional 1cm of height.  I feel more confident when I wear them, and allows me to stand longer without causing discomfort to my knees.

Do you know if doing external tibia with correction might help with flat foot?  Or are the two completely unrelated

TIBIKE200

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 04:28:24 PM »

Right now I'm wearing corrective insole also(flat foot) and it gives me an additional 1cm of height.  I feel more confident when I wear them, and allows me to stand longer without causing discomfort to my knees.

Do you know if doing external tibia with correction might help with flat foot?  Or are the two completely unrelated

I will ask catagni

DoingItForMe

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »

To answer your question, yes, it will look freakishly long. But unless you're wearing shorts, nobody will really notice except if you point it out. People come in all shapes and sizes even before doing LL. In another thread, someone was saying how he was 5'10" with 29" inseam. I had 29" inseam when I was 5'6"! So yea, don't worry about proportions so much, as it doesn't really matter THAT much.
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 08:01:56 PM »

To answer your question, yes, it will look freakishly long. But unless you're wearing shorts, nobody will really notice except if you point it out. People come in all shapes and sizes even before doing LL. In another thread, someone was saying how he was 5'10" with 29" inseam. I had 29" inseam when I was 5'6"! So yea, don't worry about proportions so much, as it doesn't really matter THAT much.

How much is 29 inseam? My torso+head is longer than my legs.. My sitting height is 92cm +/- while my overall height is 170-172

DoingItForMe

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »

How much is 29 inseam? My torso+head is longer than my legs.. My sitting height is 92cm +/- while my overall height is 170-172
Think of the shortest pants you can get at any retail store. And then subtract an inch...
Link to my experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up