Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'10 and thinking about getting LL  (Read 15013 times)

blendi

• Visitor
5'10 and thinking about getting LL
« on: February 19, 2016, 05:18:53 AM »

So here's the thing, at 5'10 most of you would think I'd be crazy to take risks/spend money, on growing taller. but my legs are short and stubby. my inseam is barely 29 and most of my height is in my huge head and  torso. My main problem with this is that I am really into fashion and its hard for me to find pants without getting them tailored. and as you would know, longer legs look much better than have a long torso. I'm thinking of saving up 25-35k by 2018. Would it possible to go to  a decent doctor in Russia or somewhere that isn't in India, and get 2 extra inches with this budget?

Thanks

texasbruce

Re: 5'10 and thinking about getting LL
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:58:41 AM »

I actually understand your situation. If you are 5'10 and inseam 29, that's way out of proportion. I am 5'6 and 31 inseam... So you have my blessing.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:59:20 AM »

post a pic in the height and proportions section.
I learned some stuff during this time

patientdad

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:29:33 AM »

I am the same height and inseam, and I would never even think about it.  It is a very difficult and costly procedure.

crimsontide

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 08:01:01 AM »

most of your height is in head???
5'10 is 5'10...

you need to see a psychiatrist... forget about ll

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 08:09:35 AM »

Unless you are from this alp region where the average is 190cm I think you are crazy

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »

Yeah, why get your pants tailored for your legs when you can get your legs tailored for your pants?

Knik

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:27 AM »

you're crazy but i can understand you
where do you live ?
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 01:40:57 PM »

I understand that a 5´10 guy wants to get taller, but if you only do it have an easier time finding pants it´s not worth it.
Post a pic, I´d really like to see how short your legs really are, make sure you hold the camera on hip level.

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 03:12:03 PM »

most of your height is in head???
5'10 is 5'10...

you need to see a psychiatrist... forget about ll

I agree with this. Unless you're living in the infamous Netherlands/Sweden etc (where the average is apparently 7ft and everyone feels short there)...at 5'10" you're average at worst in almost every other country. You blend in and are taller than almost all women in their heels.

I can understand you wanting to be taller...I would kill to be 6'3"...but I have a hard time recommending this to someone who's 5'10".

Knik

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »

I agree with this. Unless you're living in the infamous Netherlands/Sweden etc (where the average is apparently 7ft and everyone feels short there)...at 5'10" you're average at worst in almost every other country. You blend in and are taller than almost all women in their heels.

I can understand you wanting to be taller...I would kill to be 6'3"...but I have a hard time recommending this to someone who's 5'10".

I was in Norway and people have not appeared so tall
same for the Dutch, they may be slightly larger than the southern Europeans, but they never seemed so tall as is claimed
Looking for Pili

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »

Doing this surgery for clothes , absolutely ridiculous.
You should tell the doctors that you just feel short , else he won't believe you

YellowSpike

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »

I was in Norway and people have not appeared so tall
same for the Dutch, they may be slightly larger than the southern Europeans, but they never seemed so tall as is claimed

5'10, by definition, is NOT SHORT. It's just NOT SHORT. The only reason a guy does LL at that height is a luxury to get to the magical land of 6ft. It's actually somewhat understandable, but I just can't see someone as needing this horrible surgery at that height.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

people here need to understand that there are definition of height that goes by very short, short, average, tall, very tall.. Being average is more than fine. Stop striving for perfection because it does NOT EXIST!
  HECK! There is this Swedish dude (From the land of the giants) that went from 5'8 to 5'10 (added 4.5cm) and said that he is more than happy and that height no longer matters.. If it does not matter to him, it should not matter to you.
  If you have problems with life and being atleast 165 (Women, work, social circles) than your problem is not your physical but mental.

westercoasten

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »

people here need to understand that there are definition of height that goes by very short, short, average, tall, very tall.. Being average is more than fine. Stop striving for perfection because it does NOT EXIST!
  HECK! There is this Swedish dude (From the land of the giants) that went from 5'8 to 5'10 (added 4.5cm) and said that he is more than happy and that height no longer matters.. If it does not matter to him, it should not matter to you.
  If you have problems with life and being atleast 165 (Women, work, social circles) than your problem is not your physical but mental.
Does he have a diary? At 5'10 youre almost 2 inches below the average swede, Sweden did 7,4 cm, still isnt satisfied.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 04:10:40 PM »

Does he have a diary? At 5'10 youre almost 2 inches below the average swede, Sweden did 7,4 cm, still isnt satisfied.

Yes. His name is "Wannabegiant". He did LL with Bagirov or Barinov

Alittletooshort

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »

Not everyone has the same reasons for their height neurosis, if I was born in a short or average tall family I woudn't have thought about LL for sure. I was called short so many times (only by my family) in my life, and 5'10 is still below average for our generation. Another reason is that the most important thing is breaking the 180 barrier in order to be considered average in many countries. It's not a big difference but it just sounds so much better.
I take wbg as my role model for LL, he didn't have to spend tons of money and he ended up happy and recovered. Being greedy is the biggest risk about this surgery imo.

ub40

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »

Alot of people here judging him should really calm down. I'm 5'8 and my height does't bother me so much as my proportions. Having a large upper body means you will always look brutish and can never have that sophisticated balanced look that decently proportioned legs bring.

I understand the majority of the people on this site are smallish people with small hands, feet, and heads but some just have small legs
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »

Not everyone has the same reasons for their height neurosis, if I was born in a short or average tall family I woudn't have thought about LL for sure. I was called short so many times (only by my family) in my life, and 5'10 is still below average for our generation. Another reason is that the most important thing is breaking the 180 barrier in order to be considered average in many countries. It's not a big difference but it just sounds so much better.
I take wbg as my role model for LL, he didn't have to spend tons of money and he ended up happy and recovered. Being greedy is the biggest risk about this surgery imo.

180 barrier for me is considered to become tall (in Israel 180cm is considered the perfect male height.. Since our women also do army service they are not as much feminine as in the rest of the world, but in a good way). Here in Italy wearing 3cm shoes and becoming 5'8 I have never ever ever recieved a comment about being short or not tall enough...

Knik

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 04:47:29 PM »

5'10 is above the average in many countries
what is your height ?
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

Isreal and Italy are both on the lower end compared to european countries. I'm 5'10 and I am below average in clubs bars or the university, it's not too bad though.
My gf calls me short from time to time even though she's only 163~.
 5'10 is below average in every european country expect spain, italy and france.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »

Isreal and Italy are both on the lower end compared to european countries. I'm 5'10 and I am below average in clubs bars or the university, it's not too bad though.
My gf calls me short from time to time even though she's only 163~.
 5'10 is below average in every european country expect spain, italy and france.

Where the best looking girls are :P

Knik

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »

5'10 is a normal height even in nothern countries
maybe the average is 1 - 2 - 3 cm more
in England people are not tall
Looking for Pili

Alittletooshort

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 05:16:54 PM »

Where the best looking girls are :P
I personally prefere northern girls, the best looking girls I've seen where in the czech republic, poland and the netherlands. I just love long legs and blue eyes and there aren't a lot of girls who look like that in southern europe. But it all comes down to personal preference  :P

Alu

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 05:24:07 PM »

OP. Don't do it. Mainly because it's just not worth it for the reason you're listing. Forget about it all together. I say this mainly since your budget wouldn't get you the best method and doctor around. Also you'd only be able to do one segment so you'd already be out of proportion between segments. Which isn't much but, again considering your reason it's nor worth breaking your bone and spending so much time immobile.

To everyone else: I like that it seems more logical for you guys to risk the rest of your lives for a couple of CMs than going to seek therapy... you're not the only ones at your given height...why can't you guys be happy?

blendi

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 05:24:42 PM »

I don't understand you guys. 70% of the time when someone is thinking of doing a LL , a topic that is always brought up is proportions. And while wearing clothes off the rack is one of my main priorities, having a proportionate body is another. My legs are just a bit small for my body, and at this day in age, 5 cm shouldn't be too much, right?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »

OP. Don't do it. Mainly because it's just not worth it for the reason you're listing. Forget about it all together. I say this mainly since your budget wouldn't get you the best method and doctor around. Also you'd only be able to do one segment so you'd already be out of proportion between segments. Which isn't much but, again considering your reason it's nor worth breaking your bone and spending so much time immobile.

To everyone else: I like that it seems more logical for you guys to risk the rest of your lives for a couple of CMs than going to seek therapy... you're not the only ones at your given height...why can't you guys be happy?

So how did you end up in this forum mister "I am happy with my height and so should you"?

Alu

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 05:31:35 PM »

I don't understand you guys. 70% of the time when someone is thinking of doing a LL , a topic that is always brought up is proportions. And while wearing clothes off the rack is one of my main priorities, having a proportionate body is another. My legs are just a bit small for my body, and at this day in age, 5 cm shouldn't be too much, right?

A) you're proportions are normal. Plenty of people have them.

B) as I said that, your budget isn't realistic and won't provide the results you'd want. If you were to do this on the sole basis of wanting to fit clothes and you become disabled, you're gonna be miserable for the rest of your life. If you get any complications and need another surgery how are you gonna afford it?

YellowSpike

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 05:37:35 PM »

Pretty sure this is directed at me, so I'll bite.

I would have never Googled "Limb Lengthening" if I were 5'10". I think if I were 5'9" naturally, I wouldn't have had much an issue with that either. However, at 5'8" I still feel short a lot of the time. I don't think that 5'9" would be a miraculous change where I'd never feel short ever again...that's just me compromising. I'd love to be 5'10". I honest to God think that 5'10" is the first truly "safe" height in most countries (don't care about the Netherlands because I never plan to go there, no disrespect to the lovely people there though). But at 5'9", I can still get by, mostly blend in with a good amount of other guys, and claim I'm 5'10" and not get called out for it.

5'8" at the end of the day, is still short and right below that line. Which to me is just unacceptable. And that last inch DOES make a difference. Trust me on this. I've measured the 5'8" and 5'9" marks on my wall facing a mirror, and I'd be ecstatic with 5'9" evening height. It does make a difference to me, which is the most important thing. I want to be happy. And I'm not happy at 5'8" and don't believe I ever will be.

Alu

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2016, 05:40:20 PM »

So how did you end up in this forum mister "I am happy with my height and so should you"?

Not even remotely the point buddy.... But for context: I was miserable like 3-4 Months back. But through some will power and support from family, and a therapist I've become much more stable. Sure I'm not happy with my height but consider I'm in a different ballpark from you guys 5'7 and up. I see LL as a balance between a necessity and luxury; instead of just a necessity for life.

Now, let's take the bell curve of height. As you get closer and closer to the average there are more people with that given height. So there are just as many people who are your height as there are those who are over the bell curve in SD. And guess what? Plenty of those guys are going throughout their lives not worrying much about their height. Sure you can say some might be unhappy, but my main point, which you haven't addressed (which makes me think you don't want your little safe space shattered) is that why is it more logic to break your bone then to heal your brain?

Also, Yellow it really wasn't directed at you specifically, but more as a general observation I've made. I'm sure most of the people here haven't gone to a therapy or have made an attempt to cope with their height. Which again begs my question.

YellowSpike

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »

Also, Yellow it really wasn't directed at you specifically, but more as a general observation I've made. I'm sure most of the people here haven't gone to a therapy or have made an attempt to cope with their height. Which again begs my question.

Fair enough. I have a pretty good life otherwise, but I could never, ever accept the height. I've been going to therapy regularly, but I don't believe 5'8" will ever cut it for me. It's still way too borderline and I don't like having to constantly worry about the types of shoes I leave the house in and or am able to buy (for instance, I love loafers and boat shoes, but I hate wearing them because they give zero height). I mean, I do have and wear boat shoes, but I have to be extra picky and I hate it. That last inch will give me a lot more freedom.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up