Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you sit(on a chair) for long periods during the Precice 2 femurs experience?  (Read 2870 times)

Penguinn

After say the first few weeks, when you're home and the whole process begins, can you spend a lot of time sitting in a chair? What about sitting upright on the bed and keeping your laptop on your lap?

TRS

Sitting upright on a chair or on the bed for long periods is not recommended during femur lengthening. It can cause the quadriceps to shorten and risk contractures of the hip.

YellowSpike

Sitting upright on a chair or on the bed for long periods is not recommended during femur lengthening. It can cause the quadriceps to shorten and risk contractures of the hip.

I second this. That's what sucks about having a sitting/office job and doing this surgery. It's very, very hard to maintain quad and hip flexibility while recovering and trying to work. It makes recovery take a lot longer. I know ShyShy said he was able to focus solely on his recovery when he did the surgery, which I think is another reason he had such a fast and amazing recovery.

The only things really impeding me now from a perfect recovery are remaining quad and hip flexor tightness (which I'm actively working on more lately and seeing improvements) and the stupid left screw on my hip (which was out of my control).

Penguinn

What would you call "long periods"?
Are 1 hour periods 2-3 times a day okay?

I second this. That's what sucks about having a sitting/office job and doing this surgery. It's very, very hard to maintain quad and hip flexibility while recovering and trying to work. It makes recovery take a lot longer. I know ShyShy said he was able to focus solely on his recovery when he did the surgery, which I think is another reason he had such a fast and amazing recovery.

Damn. So did you use your laptop/sit on a chair for a while during the procedure anyway? How did you cope with it?

And for how long should we not sit upright/on a chair for long periods of time? 2 months? 3 months? I mean, I'm gonna have to use my laptop to surf the net or for work related stuff..  :(

Svensk

What prevents you from lying down and work on your computer?
Why didn't the short guy come in to the night club?
-No leg

Goal: 7 cm femurs in summer 2017

Penguinn

With the neck(and above) region up? That's supposed to severely strain your neck.

Apparently these exist: http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/laptop-desks.jpeg
http://www.lapdawg.com/gallery/images/lapdawg-x4-074.jpg
The miracles of science!

patientdad

Recliner.  My son spent all his time in it while lengthening.

TRS

What would you call "long periods"?
Are 1 hour periods 2-3 times a day okay?
It depends on the individual. My quads usually felt tight after sitting upright in one position for more than 20 mins.

aspirant185

What about during tibia lengthening ? Can we sit and work in front of the computer ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

What about during tibia lengthening ? Can we sit and work in front of the computer ?

it's not recommended to be sitting with your feet touching the floor for extended periods during tibial lengthening. they want you with your legs extended like when you're  lying in bed.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

goldenegg

And for how long should we not sit upright/on a chair for long periods of time? 2 months? 3 months? I mean, I'm gonna have to use my laptop to surf the net or for work related stuff..  :(

For as long as you can until you have no choice because of your job or school etc.  It can take many months to regain full quad and hip flexibility and sitting alot during or right after lengthening just means a longer recovery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up