Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HNL internal nail  (Read 4025 times)

Alittletooshort

HNL internal nail
« on: February 11, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »

I just visited the website about the HNL and they don't say anything about the price or weither the nail is used anywhere in europe. This nail seems quit promissing at least if their statements are true, low pain, fully wheight bearing and the price can't be too high since Dr. Sarin offers the operation for only 25000$.
Does anyone have some infos about the nail?

Alu

Re: HNL internal nail
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »

Merlion had it done with Sarin recently...but considering how...very professional and little responsive he was towards the community (maybe it was because we are now so cautious of Sarin that we didn't actively seek information from Merlion about his journey as much as we did with the others)..I'm skeptical of the diary.

With that regard, I don't know if i'd be so trust of this nail. It seems fairly new, with little to no real testing done. Also it doesn't help that Sarin is the only one who's doing it so far... Then again maybe we're not looking hard enough to see who's providing it.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »

I´d like to know if Dr. Sarin is really the only one using it. Perhaps it´s used by other (more reputable) Docs and we just don´t know about it. A nail that is not as crazy expensive as the ones that are currently on the market would be really nice.
The company doesn´t seem so bad since it´s located in europe and I´m sure they have to be approved by the government if they want sell medical products.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:52:40 PM »

The HLN looks too fragile to be fully weight bearing. I'd be surprised if it really is.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »

The HLN looks too fragile to be fully weight bearing. I'd be surprised if it really is.
It might not be, but at least the company claims that it´s wheight bearing. The precise nail isn´t wheight bearing either so, the wheight bearing thing woudln´t be a huge drawback compared to other nails.
I just don´t like the idea on spending 50 000+ on a cosmetic surgery and externals take so long. I woudln´t mind paying 30k for it, that price would seem somewhat resonable.
The companies website is just so damn bad, there are hardly any details about their product.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:08:49 AM by Alittletooshort »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:36 AM »

It might not be, but at least the company claims that it´s wheight bearing. The precise nail isn´t wheight bearing either so, the wheight bearing thing woudln´t be a huge drawback compared to other nails.
I just don´t like the idea on spending 50 000+ on a cosmetic surgery and externals take so long. I woudln´t mind paying 30k for it, that price would seem somewhat resonable.
The companies website is just so damn bad, there are hardly any details about their product.

With catagni ist 22k for externals cosmetic.
I learned some stuff during this time

Alittletooshort

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:43:52 AM »

Externals take extremly long and I´d prefere to lengthen my femurs because my natural tibia/femur ratio is 0,85/1. There are a lot of external methods for under 20k but, I think that catagni´s prices are quit high for what he offers. He is experienced but 20-25k (depending on atl) is quite a lot of money just for the operation without including anything else.
Dr. Birkholtz or Dr. Monegal for instance both are a lot more competetive with what their offers. You´ll end up paying 40 000 euros non the less so it isn´t cheap either.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:03:27 AM »

Externals take extremly long and I´d prefere to lengthen my femurs because my natural tibia/femur ratio is 0,85/1. There are a lot of external methods for under 20k but, I think that catagni´s prices are quit high for what he offers. He is experienced but 20-25k (depending on atl) is quite a lot of money just for the operation without including anything else.
Dr. Birkholtz or Dr. Monegal for instance both are a lot more competetive with what their offers. You´ll end up paying 40 000 euros non the less so it isn´t cheap either.

Birkholtz and Monegal are cheaper than Paley, but not equivalent. Birkholtz price is all inclusive. With Monegal you must add other expenses (PT, apartment, wheelchair, medicines...).
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 02:04:37 AM »

He is the best with ilizarov (He is one of the two guys that introduced the method to the west). He is also charging this price because those are the prices in Italy. He is also not a salesman which is why I trust him more than many others (I will know more after my consultation with him on the 29th this month)
I learned some stuff during this time

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 02:07:33 AM »

Catagni isn't a salesman. Catagni is the best option for externals in Europe. Guichet for internals. Both in Italy. Italian people are fortunate. However if you live in the USA Paley is the best.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 02:34:41 AM »

He is the best with ilizarov (He is one of the two guys that introduced the method to the west). He is also charging this price because those are the prices in Italy. He is also not a salesman which is why I trust him more than many others (I will know more after my consultation with him on the 29th this month)
I´m sure he´s very skilled and experience but if you compare his prices to those of Dr. Solomin it´s still very high. You pay only a fifith for the same illizarov treatment. Obviously costs in an italian hospital are a lot higher than in a russian one, I still don´t understand this huge price difference.
@LLuser1, I don´t like the idea of paying up to 100.000 bucks in case of Dr. Paley and not even getting a wheight bearing nail, the fact that the fitbone can be inserted retrograde is also a big plus over the precise.

PatientZero

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 03:25:26 AM »

Catagni isn't a salesman. Catagni is the best option for externals in Europe. Guichet for internals. Both in Italy. Italian people are fortunate. However if you live in the USA Paley is the best.

Italian people are fortunate because of pepperoni pizza.

I dunno about Guichet being the best for internals, the guy uses an antiquated technology made in-house so he can control all the profits just like his homeboy Betz. Someone told me Guichet also produces his own bone supplements. I dunno man, great doctor but guy sounds like serious business. According to the general sentiments on this forum that you perpetuated, he can't be a great doctor if he's doing these things 'cuz he's one hell of a salesmen.

What about Baumgart? That guy is an LL god, he made the Fitbone before you were even born. Since he is from Germany, a country capable of housing 1 million refugees, his country must be better than France or Italy, so surely he is the best doctor for internals.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

mahlegs

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »

Here we go with the salesman stuff again.  Every surgeon that does any cosmetic surgery is a salesman by definition, since its an optional surgery that potential patients have to seek out on their own.  Hence they need to do things that makes them more visible and/or marketable in their own way, whether that be branded nails(G-nail and betzbone are just branded A-nails fyi), competitive prices, billboards, etc.   That doesnt necessary make them bad doctors at all, that just makes them doctors that also want to make some side money from their typical legit medical services...cant blame them for that. 

Back to topic, what Dr. Paley told me that I resonated with is that the doctor him/herself is far more important than whatever nail is chosen.  He of course thinks precise is the best(he did co-invent it so I assume he gets more profit as well), but also said that while other nails have their own pros/cons, theyre fine too if used by the right hands.  Though I didnt ask him about the HNL nail because I never heard of it... but if its built/regulated by a legit western company and used by doctors in developed countries, its probably just as viable as other nails.
Pages: [1]   Go Up