Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you, and under what circumstances, take debt to finance CLL ?  (Read 12530 times)

aspirant185

Re: Would you, and under what circumstances, take debt to finance CLL ?
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 05:54:07 PM »

Improve them in which aspects?

I guess he feels his life is improved the same way as a 165 cm guy going to 172 would think - more confidence, more attention from women etc.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Alu

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »

You know what also would improve people's lives?

Not worrying about debt ever. Because it doesn't matter how confident you are you won't live the life you want...

Also being smart about life and not putting your eggs in one basket is also going to make life good for you..

TIBIKE200

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 06:05:47 PM »

I guess he feels his life is improved the same way as a 165 cm guy going to 172 would think - more confidence, more attention from women etc.

What is the diary's name?
I learned some stuff during this time

TIBIKE200

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

From a statistical point of view, going from 174 to 182 is probably the most significant 8cm change us guys could make (for white Americans, in any case). That is, if you wanted the answer to: what any 8cm height change would give us the biggest impact in the perceptions of others? Let me explain. Let's assume that we want to impress the opposite sex (or for gays, the same sex). Either way, everything else in the attraction formula being equal, we are competing against other guys, hence the relativeness of the numbers and samples. What I'm saying is that there is no absolute number in which height is no longer a factor, such as 180 or 183, as these are place and time dependent.

So why 174 to 182? If you look at the height percentiles of white males in the USA, say at 30 years of age they're at a max (but it doesn't matter which age you look at), soassuming that as the playing field, for any 8cm band the range in which the isoheight lines bunch up more closely together is around the median or 50th percentile. It's logical too if you think of height distributions as following a normal curve; by definition the top of the curve is the flattest, so smaller changes in height would mean relatively bigger changes in percentiles.

So this means that moving from below average to above average would give you the largest change in percentiles. Taking the 174 to 182 cm example, that would mean moving from the 25th to 75th percentile. Any other height change would give you a lower change in percentile. Or less bang for the cm, if you want.

Now you may ask: does this really matter? If we assume that comparisons are made and that relative differences are important (ie "he's not tall but he's still taller than Tom Cruise"), then yes this matters. We can still debate if this is correct from the female point of view (I'll never know for sure), but there is research that shows that women compare heights, choosing the taller partner above other more favourable characteristics, and they also prefer a partner who is 8-10 cm taller that they are.

Here's the link for the height percentiles: http://halls.md/average-height-men-height-weight/

- Adonis

Woman prefer better looking... Which is made of Facial aesthetics, height, shoulder width, fat% and muscularity. An average height (5'10) with good "results" in the other factor will have more chances than a tall guy with bad "results" in the other factors.. Yes... I know it also means that a perfect guy (tall, handsome, muscular etc...) will have bigger chances that the average guy... But hey... You can't have everything in life... Don't drive towards perfection because this drive will consume you

aspirant185

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

You know what also would improve people's lives?

Not worrying about debt ever. Because it doesn't matter how confident you are you won't live the life you want...

Also being smart about life and not putting your eggs in one basket is also going to make life good for you..

People in Europe don't generally fear about debt. There are tons of safety nets and stuff. Nobody will ever take your house if you fail to make the next payment. Nobody will even take your car. Unless its super extravagant. Its not like in the US where they put people in prison for failing to pay. Or its not like in Russia where, well they simply beat you up :D

I agree with Adonis that going from 175 to 182 is the situation in which one can experience the greatest ''gains'' from LL. One actually goes from being below average to being tall. And if he would go from 165 to 172, that would mean, going from very short to below average. Which is by all means a whole new world for the person in question but for the ones around him, it might be that they do not even notice.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

aspirant185

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »

Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Adonis

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »

Woman prefer better looking... Which is made of Facial aesthetics, height, shoulder width, fat% and muscularity. An average height (5'10) with good "results" in the other factor will have more chances than a tall guy with bad "results" in the other factors.. Yes... I know it also means that a perfect guy (tall, handsome, muscular etc...) will have bigger chances that the average guy... But hey... You can't have everything in life... Don't drive towards perfection because this drive will consume you

I agree with everything you say except your conclusion "Don't drive towards perfection because this drive will consume you". I want to be the best that I can be for as long as I live, and I want to be sane while doing it!  :)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 06:51:46 PM »

People in Europe don't generally fear about debt. There are tons of safety nets and stuff. Nobody will ever take your house if you fail to make the next payment. Nobody will even take your car. Unless its super extravagant. Its not like in the US where they put people in prison for failing to pay. Or its not like in Russia where, well they simply beat you up :D

I agree with Adonis that going from 175 to 182 is the situation in which one can experience the greatest ''gains'' from LL. One actually goes from being below average to being tall. And if he would go from 165 to 172, that would mean, going from very short to below average. Which is by all means a whole new world for the person in question but for the ones around him, it might be that they do not even notice.

Going from super short to short will be noticed just as going from slightly below average to average will be noticed. Same goes for average to above average. Everyone of those will be noticed by you and those around you. Just dont become a short torso long legged man since if we again talk about women, what makes you look like "A man" is your big torso and not your long legs

Adonis

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »

Sorry for the previous digression on height percentiles, returning to the topic at hand, would I go into debt to finance CLL? NO. Because I am a financially cautious risk-averse personality. Don't get me wrong, I don't think debt is sinful. But for me debt, like any other financial instrument, needs to have a financial return and a good enough return, to justify it. And for me, CLL just does not demonstrate the financial returns to justify debt. It is an expense, and I would say, a rather luxurious one.

Beware: I am not speaking of economic returns. And of course, I am just talking about me ...

Alu

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 07:04:04 PM »

Hm I think that's pretty subjective. Considering all the possible complications and draw backs from LL it varies  greatly as to who benefits from what.Taking finances, proportions, doctor who you go to, and so forth.

Also don't say that there are plenty of safety nets in Europe. Considering how flimsy things are becoming there, nothing should ever be taken for granted.

Alu

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »

I agree with everything you say except your conclusion "Don't drive towards perfection because this drive will consume you". I want to be the best that I can be for as long as I live, and I want to be sane while doing it!  :)

Careful wth that sentiment, perfec doesn't exist for anyone in this world. You won't be sane if you keep thinking like that because of possible unrealistic views on failure. So care; I know the sentiment. It felt great letting go.

Adonis

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »

Careful wth that sentiment, perfec doesn't exist for anyone in this world. You won't be sane if you keep thinking like that because of possible unrealistic views on failure. So care; I know the sentiment. It felt great letting go.
No worries, just a misunderstanding between you and me of what "perfection" means. To each his own!

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Thoreau

Deads

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 07:56:51 PM »

Oh god... Not another debate on percentages and women **vomits in mouth**.

What's this below average crap you're spinning? You're 5"9. You're average height... Go into debt if you feel it's necessary.. At your height though, it's kinda sad.

aspirant185

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

When we are wondering whether it makes sense to take a debt to finance CLL in my case, granted that I agree for me CLL would be a luxury, have you guys asked yourselves, how often people actually take on debt to finance luxuries. Buy a car that is somewhat out our reasonable reach ? Or a place to live that is way too expensive ? Not to mention many people take on credit card debt to finance nice clothes, vacations, and gadgets. It happens more often than we think.]

So, to get 15 k euro to do CLL while still young , healthy and athletic might not be that bad of an idea. However, I would probably not do that if I couldnt rely on my parents to help me out in case of complications or other unexpected negative events.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Deads

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 08:14:31 PM »

When we are wondering whether it makes sense to take a debt to finance CLL in my case, granted that I agree for me CLL would be a luxury, have you guys asked yourselves, how often people actually take on debt to finance luxuries. Buy a car that is somewhat out our reasonable reach ? Or a place to live that is way too expensive ? Not to mention many people take on credit card debt to finance nice clothes, vacations, and gadgets. It happens more often than we think.]

So, to get 15 k euro to do CLL while still young , healthy and athletic might not be that bad of an idea. However, I would probably not do that if I couldnt rely on my parents to help me out in case of complications or other unexpected negative events.

Yeah, people buy   they don't need all the time.... Is that your justification?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »

Take debt to finance CLL is crazy. If you get complications you will have to pay twice more at least and you won't be able to work to get that money. For example, one of Betz patients had to stay in Germany for more than one year and had to pay a lot for fixing her complications. Her total damage was around 100k.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

aspirant185

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 09:44:40 PM »

Take debt to finance CLL is crazy. If you get complications you will have to pay twice more at least and you won't be able to work to get that money. For example, one of Betz patients had to stay in Germany for more than one year and had to pay a lot for fixing her complications. Her total damage was around 100k.

You cannot just make decisions based on single cases and assume they might happen to you. Otherwise why leave the house since a car might kill you ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Deads

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:26 PM »

You cannot just make decisions based on single cases and assume they might happen to you. Otherwise why leave the house since a car might kill you ?

That's why we wear seatbelts... It's called being responsible.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 11:17:26 PM »

Stop spending so much money trying to impress other people. It's not worth it. Stop relying on other people's approval of you to be happy. Who gives a   about the people who find you "short". Seriously. I would question the  -ness of anyone who would call a 5'9" guy as someone short. I don't believe for a second that going from 5'9" to 6' would be that much of a difference. You list two improvements:

1) Confidence - You do realize that this is all in your head, right? If you really need confidence, you just have to think that you're taller than you really are. Also deriving your confidence from your height is pretty sad. That's because that's not really something to proud of. You should get your confidence from doing great things and getting achievements. When I ask about someone, I don't ask, "Oh, what's his height?" I ask, what does he do or what has he done? People don't care about your height as much as you do or as much as you think they do.

2) Attention from women - You're not getting attention from women at 5'9"? Really? Dude, at 5'9", pretty girls have been talking to me left and right. I admit that it wasn't as much when I was 5'5"-5'6". But you're complaining about being 5'9"? You're doing something else wrong in your life if you can't get quality women at 5'9". I mean, granted, I drive expensive cars. But being in debt is what drives women away, unless you plan on only doing one-night stands for the rest of your life. And as someone who's done that before, I can tell you that eventually it gets old and leaves you feeling empty. It's much more fulfilling to have a deep relationship with one great woman. And by the time you're in your late 20s, having money is way more impressive than being 3" taller. Only thing you'll probably be left out on here is girls who are taller than 5'9" will probably not date you as well as superficial girls who only want to date 6' tall guys. But who cares about that those minority of girls. Let's pretend that you are a white guy who wants to date asian girls. There are a lot of asian girls who only want to date asian guys. Would you get a surgery to become asian? NO! You find the asian girls who do like white guys. So don't don't don't do this surgery for "attention from women". If you want attention from women, get a puppy. Seriously. Get a cute puppy. My puppy gets me a lot of attention from women on the street.

It's not my place to tell you what to do. But as someone who has been through this surgery, I'd say with 100% confidence that this surgery is not worth going into debt for. Your legs will look disproportional. Certain sex positions will be very hard to do because you're not as flexible anymore. I honestly have trouble doing missionary position now. It hurts to have normal sex! It's pretty messed up. My sports skills now suck. My stamina is crap compared to before. I probably shortened my lifespan doing this surgery. I missed out on a lot of fun events and trips with friends because I was in a wheelchair for half a year. I mean, yes, being taller makes me feel better, but there's so many downsides to this surgery as well that puts me in a position to not fully recommend it. And if I added "debt" to one of the downsides, I'd say that it's not worth it anymore. If the pains in my legs don't go away, then I'd also say it's not worth it anymore even if the surgery was free. Keep in mind that I got my surgery around the age that you plan getting it. So don't think these things that happened to me won't happen to you. Even if there's only a small chance of it happening, it's not worth it to gamble your legs like that.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:59 PM »

Stop spending so much money trying to impress other people. It's not worth it. Stop relying on other people's approval of you to be happy. Who gives a crap about the people who find you "short". Seriously. I would question the ahole-ness of anyone who would call a 5'9" guy as someone short. I don't believe for a second that going from 5'9" to 6' would be that much of a difference. You list two improvements:

1) Confidence - You do realize that this is all in your head, right? If you really need confidence, you just have to think that you're taller than you really are. Also deriving your confidence from your height is pretty sad. That's because that's not really something to proud of. You should get your confidence from doing great things and getting achievements. When I ask about someone, I don't ask, "Oh, what's his height?" I ask, what does he do or what has he done? People don't care about your height as much as you do or as much as you think they do.

2) Attention from women - You're not getting attention from women at 5'9"? Really? Dude, at 5'9", pretty girls have been talking to me left and right. I admit that it wasn't as much when I was 5'5"-5'6". But you're complaining about being 5'9"? You're doing something else wrong in your life if you can't get quality women at 5'9". I mean, granted, I drive expensive cars. But being in debt is what drives women away, unless you plan on only doing one-night stands for the rest of your life. And as someone who's done that before, I can tell you that eventually it gets old and leaves you feeling empty. It's much more fulfilling to have a deep relationship with one great woman. And by the time you're in your late 20s, having money is way more impressive than being 3" taller. Only thing you'll probably be left out on here is girls who are taller than 5'9" will probably not date you as well as superficial girls who only want to date 6' tall guys. But who cares about that those minority of girls. Let's pretend that you are a white guy who wants to date asian girls. There are a lot of asian girls who only want to date asian guys. Would you get a surgery to become asian? NO! You find the asian girls who do like white guys. So don't don't don't do this surgery for "attention from women". If you want attention from women, get a puppy. Seriously. Get a cute puppy. My puppy gets me a lot of attention from women on the street.

It's not my place to tell you what to do. But as someone who has been through this surgery, I'd say with 100% confidence that this surgery is not worth going into debt for. Your legs will look disproportional. Certain sex positions will be very hard to do because you're not as flexible anymore. I honestly have trouble doing missionary position now. It hurts to have normal sex! It's pretty messed up. My sports skills now suck. My stamina is crap compared to before. I probably shortened my lifespan doing this surgery. I missed out on a lot of fun events and trips with friends because I was in a wheelchair for half a year. I mean, yes, being taller makes me feel better, but there's so many downsides to this surgery as well that puts me in a position to not fully recommend it. And if I added "debt" to one of the downsides, I'd say that it's not worth it anymore. If the pains in my legs don't go away, then I'd also say it's not worth it anymore even if the surgery was free. Keep in mind that I got my surgery around the age that you plan getting it. So don't think these things that happened to me won't happen to you. Even if there's only a small chance of it happening, it's not worth it to gamble your legs like that.

This

aspirant185

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2016, 12:19:13 AM »

This

Yeah, it is very easy for @DoingItForMe to write that now but I am not sure he realizes that his decision to do LL made even less sense for him than for me now (or in 3 years). He had a girlfriend and based on what I read, they were in great terms, had fun, travelled around, he was successful, and made absolutely no sense whatsoever to do LL. 5'6 is not so bad. I have seen videos of people that went from 5'3 to 5'6 or from 5'0 to 5'3 and they claim they would never have done that should they had the final height as original. One can have it all - success&health&relationship at 5'6 (as is the case with @DFM) and one may not have it at 6'0. But once you have it at 5'6, why go with LL ? I am not questioning him, I perfectly understand him, I just want to make the point that I don't understand why he cannot get me. It is more difficult for him to explain why he did LL in his situation than for me to explain why I want to do it now.

With that being said, I wish you , @dointitwithme, the quickiest possible recovery and having things back to normal. I completely agree with you about the debt situation. I need to think that through, you have a point. Maybe I would do it later, at 28-9-30, maybe I could try to borrow more from my parents, we will see, but my desire to do LL now is no more difficult to be justified than yours back then :)
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 12:34:33 AM »

Do 3-4cm´s with externals to become 180 and you´ll be fine I guess. You´ll safe a crap ton of money and you´ll probably recover quit well.
At least that´s my plan (If I ever do LL).
Interals are not worth going into debt for the addidtional 3cm´s you´d get compared to the externals.

texasbruce

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2016, 12:36:13 AM »

Yeah, it is very easy for @DoingItForMe to write that now but I am not sure he realizes that his decision to do LL made even less sense for him than for me now (or in 3 years). He had a girlfriend and based on what I read, they were in great terms, had fun, travelled around, he was successful, and made absolutely no sense whatsoever to do LL. 5'6 is not so bad. I have seen videos of people that went from 5'3 to 5'6 or from 5'0 to 5'3 and they claim they would never have done that should they had the final height as original. One can have it all - success&health&relationship at 5'6 (as is the case with @DFM) and one may not have it at 6'0. But once you have it at 5'6, why go with LL ? I am not questioning him, I perfectly understand him, I just want to make the point that I don't understand why he cannot get me. It is more difficult for him to explain why he did LL in his situation than for me to explain why I want to do it now.

With that being said, I wish you , @dointitwithme, the quickiest possible recovery and having things back to normal. I completely agree with you about the debt situation. I need to think that through, you have a point. Maybe I would do it later, at 28-9-30, maybe I could try to borrow more from my parents, we will see, but my desire to do LL now is no more difficult to be justified than yours back then :)

As 5'9 you shouldn't really question a 5'6 guy why he does his surgery. Question yourself first?

If you decided, it's your decision. Weigh it yourself. I actually recommend you to do it since it is in your head already and you won't get away with it, but also read more diaries and see more bad examples with unsatisfactory outcome.

PatientZero

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2016, 01:11:23 AM »

OP doesn't want to hear any of this. Our community overwhelmingly agrees that he is not fit to do LL at 5'9, and that taking a loan is the worst idea ever.

But what can you say to a guy who has height neurosis and thinks that all his problems can be solved by a few inches? A 5'9 person has to be really fked up in the head to want this surgery.

Talk is cheap and emotions run wild on this forum. If he is serious, he'll save up enough money which will probably take him a decade lol. In several years, I'm sure he'll mellow out 'cuz of how hard it is to save ~80k-100k for a top doctor and maybe realize that being average height isn't the worst thing in the world.

Else, he can just give us the middle finger and choose one of many 5'9 lengthening options in 3rd world countries.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

shorthandsomedoc

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2016, 01:36:52 AM »

OP doesn't want to hear any of this. Our community overwhelmingly agrees that he is not fit to do LL at 5'9, and that taking a loan is the worst idea ever.

But what can you say to a guy who has height neurosis and thinks that all his problems can be solved by a few inches? A 5'9 person has to be really fked up in the head to want this surgery.

Talk is cheap and emotions run wild on this forum. If he is serious, he'll save up enough money which will probably take him a decade lol. In several years, I'm sure he'll mellow out 'cuz of how hard it is to save ~80k-100k for a top doctor and maybe realize that being average height isn't the worst thing in the world.

Else, he can just give us the middle finger and choose one of many 5'9 lengthening options in 3rd world countries.

I totally agree. OP needs to realize that whatever problems he may have with confidence and all other things don't stem from his average height. Adding a few inches isn't worth the risks and the money at 5'9. Taking a loan, also, is a really bad idea before a potentially crippling surgery.

aspirant185

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 01:49:49 AM »

Since when 175 is the average height for the young (under 30) generations in the Western European countries ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

DoingItForMe

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2016, 05:38:06 AM »

No, I totally get why you want to do this. I was in the same position as you a year ago. People thought I was crazy for wanting this surgery when everything else in my life was so great. And in my mind, I didn't think that there would be much downside and only upside. The money was definitely not an issue. I had plenty of that. Even time-wise, I didn't think 6 months was that bad.

The problem was that I thought that I'd be pain-free by now, because I don't remember reading about permanent pain in the diaries before. Actually there really isn't much follow-up in the diaries after the lengthening period is over. I don't care so much that I'm not as strong as before or as flexible (though I'll miss some of the sex positions), but the problem is that my legs hurt every day. Every-freaking-day. I feel like I have old man legs. I feel like someone punched my legs and they're bruised. Every day feels like "leg day". Every day feels like someone chained a metal ball to my ankles and I can't move them freely. It sucks and it's starting to get to me.

So yea, I get why you want to do it. But make sure you understand the consequences, too. Not just the downsides, but also that the "improvements" might not be that drastic, nor are worth it, nor can't be achieved doing something else like getting a puppy or going to the gym or driving a nice car or being richer than you are now. If you were 5'6", I'd say that the improvements are pretty drastic and you can forget everything I just said, because the surgery might be worth it if it really does mean the difference between dating a 5 and dating a 10. But c'mon, 5'9" isn't that bad. You can still date 10/10 girls at 5'9", no problem. I'm not even that good looking.

If you think about it, you and I are almost exactly in the same position. We're both 5'9". I think 5'10+ is a more ideal height. I can still do tibias to get another 2 inches or so. I have way more than enough money to pay for it. BUT I don't want do it anymore. I was very eager and everything before the femur surgery. I really considered doing tibias afterwards to fix the proportions and to get to my ideal dream height. BUT now that I've been through the process before, I don't want to go through this all over again. It really sucks that badly. No girl is worth going through that much torture. I don't care if this means that I can only date a 9 and not a 10. Give me the 9. No girl is worth this much pain.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »

No, I totally get why you want to do this. I was in the same position as you a year ago. People thought I was crazy for wanting this surgery when everything else in my life was so great. And in my mind, I didn't think that there would be much downside and only upside. The money was definitely not an issue. I had plenty of that. Even time-wise, I didn't think 6 months was that bad.

The problem was that I thought that I'd be pain-free by now, because I don't remember reading about permanent pain in the diaries before. Actually there really isn't much follow-up in the diaries after the lengthening period is over. I don't care so much that I'm not as strong as before or as flexible (though I'll miss some of the sex positions), but the problem is that my legs hurt every day. Every-freaking-day. I feel like I have old man legs. I feel like someone punched my legs and they're bruised. Every day feels like "leg day". Every day feels like someone chained a metal ball to my ankles and I can't move them freely. It sucks and it's starting to get to me.

So yea, I get why you want to do it. But make sure you understand the consequences, too. Not just the downsides, but also that the "improvements" might not be that drastic, nor are worth it, nor can't be achieved doing something else like getting a puppy or going to the gym or driving a nice car or being richer than you are now. If you were 5'6", I'd say that the improvements are pretty drastic and you can forget everything I just said, because the surgery might be worth it if it really does mean the difference between dating a 5 and dating a 10. But c'mon, 5'9" isn't that bad. You can still date 10/10 girls at 5'9", no problem. I'm not even that good looking.

If you think about it, you and I are almost exactly in the same position. We're both 5'9". I think 5'10+ is a more ideal height. I can still do tibias to get another 2 inches or so. I have way more than enough money to pay for it. BUT I don't want do it anymore. I was very eager and everything before the femur surgery. I really considered doing tibias afterwards to fix the proportions and to get to my ideal dream height. BUT now that I've been through the process before, I don't want to go through this all over again. It really sucks that badly. No girl is worth going through that much torture. I don't care if this means that I can only date a 9 and not a 10. Give me the 9. No girl is worth this much pain.

Will you people stop wth this "Ideal height" crap? Everyone wants to be taller, stronger, better looking, richer, smarter, funnier, sexier and the list can go on forever... There isnt a single trait that has an "Ideal" range. You "improved" one of your traits, be happy with it and move on.
 Still, wish you a good recovery. Maybe all will be better once the rods are out.

Penguinn

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2016, 08:37:35 AM »

Won't it get better eventually? I doubt the legs-being-bruised feeling will stay for life.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2016, 09:26:04 AM »

@DoingItForMe
I agree with most of the things you said , I don´t think however, that you on are an equal level with him after you already lengthened more than 3 inches. He can do 2 inches more or less easy, whereas you will probably screw your arms/legs ratio and your athletic recovery.
Your environment is a huge factor when it comes to feeling short, 175 is definetely not average for young white europeans. Depending on your location you are still 5-7cm´s below average. There is no discrimnation at this height though, taking a loan to get this done is clearly not worth it. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up