Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Measuring height wrong?  (Read 13445 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Measuring height wrong?
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:22 PM »

Yes he operates near milano :)

I thought so. That's great, because I already know Milano well from last year.

But I think Dr. Catagini only does externals? That might be a dealbreaker...sigh...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:54 PM »

But I think Dr. Catagini only does externals? That might be a dealbreaker...sigh...

Better ask him than me
I learned some stuff during this time

YellowSpike

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 04:23:31 PM »

According to the info on here, Catagini does Precice. Not sure if for femurs or tibias. I will ask him. He actually seems like a pretty good option.

aspirant185

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 04:32:44 PM »

If you are going with Femurs, why don't you just do it with Guichet again ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

YellowSpike

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 04:40:22 PM »

If you are going with Femurs, why don't you just do it with Guichet again ?

Oh I absolutely would. 2-3cm more on femurs would be with Dr. G, for about a third of the price of the first surgery, and would only take like 2-3 weeks to get the inch.

The only thing scaring me is proportions. I was previously dead against it, but there HAVE been patients who have done large amounts on just femurs and their proportions don't seem that terrible. And mine are starting to look better now because my thighs are filling out again big time.

If I did femurs again, I would only do 2cm max. Still enough that it's worth in (in MY opinion), as its essentially me wearing a lift without having to wear a lift ;)

Alu

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »

Quick Querry:

Why are you killing yourself over this is? You have an entire life time ahead of you to do so Obviously you don't want to do it when you're 65, but you seem to be in such a high degree of despair over something that can easily be accomplished, considering you've already done it. In all honesty, stop crying over it. BTW, Tibia would probably be better.

theuprising

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »

Quick Querry:

Why are you killing yourself over this is? You have an entire life time ahead of you to do so Obviously you don't want to do it when you're 65, but you seem to be in such a high degree of despair over something that can easily be accomplished, considering you've already done it. In all honesty, stop crying over it. BTW, Tibia would probably be better.

Whoa stop with the hatefacts Alu, yea there may be slightly more serious issues in the medical world like people dying of preventable diseases but damn it this man needs a second cosmetic limb lengthening procedure! Priorities  ;)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 05:20:49 PM »

Dr Catagni lengthens with Precice as well.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YellowSpike

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:19 PM »

LOL no you guys are right, I need to stop b*tching about it. I like to plan and live my life in stages. In other words, I like to complete projects, and then move on to the next thing. This is the first time I've had to put something so massive (that I really want) to the side, while still living my life. Especially because I'm afraid of having to choose between a future gf and the surgery (worried that she'd leave me for doing the surgery). So in some ways, it's kinda hard for me to entirely move on, hence when this is very frequently on my mind.

However - this doesn't impede my day to day life nearly as much as my posts might seem. This forum is sort of a "dumping ground" (for lack of a better term) for my height-related thoughts. I get dates absolutely no problem (though you wouldn't believe it from the my "online demeanor," which is understandable). I have been going to therapy regularly, and it's actually starting to help...a little bit. But I'm going to keep going.

Regardless, I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and I want LL behind me. I don't want this to be an annoying mosquito that won't leave me alone until I do it. So that's why it seems that I'm "killing myself" over it. And you're right, at least for now, it is what it is.

I'll work on complaining less on here. Maybe I'll just drop off completely until I make a final decision on what I'm doing.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 05:51:57 PM »

LOL no you guys are right, I need to stop b*tching about it. I like to plan and live my life in stages. In other words, I like to complete projects, and then move on to the next thing. This is the first time I've had to put something so massive (that I really want) to the side, while still living my life. Especially because I'm afraid of having to choose between a future gf and the surgery (worried that she'd leave me for doing the surgery). So in some ways, it's kinda hard for me to entirely move on, hence when this is very frequently on my mind.

However - this doesn't impede my day to day life nearly as much as my posts might seem. This forum is sort of a "dumping ground" (for lack of a better term) for my height-related thoughts. I get dates absolutely no problem (though you wouldn't believe it from the my "online demeanor," which is understandable). I have been going to therapy regularly, and it's actually starting to help...a little bit. But I'm going to keep going.

Regardless, I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and I want LL behind me. I don't want this to be an annoying mosquito that won't leave me alone until I do it. So that's why it seems that I'm "killing myself" over it. And you're right, at least for now, it is what it is.

Frankly, I believe that you got fixed with a number. You are at a great height yellow. You are "only" 2-3cm taller than me but believe me that those 2-3cm are alot (If I was 5'8 I dont think I would even consider the surgery). And dont take a GF into account because whatever you choose, it is primeraly for yourself and not for others. You still havent even gotten the rods out and didnt fully recovered. Wait a little bit, try to put it aside and live life to the fullest and even if after you recover you still feel short, if you have the money, nothing will stop you :)

n.b I would love to talk with you via e-mail, skype, facebook or whatever on your journey with guichet because I am also considering him.

Deads

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »

Whoa stop with the hatefacts Alu, yea there may be slightly more serious issues in the medical world like people dying of preventable diseases but damn it this man needs a second cosmetic limb lengthening procedure! Priorities  ;)

Bahahahaha

If I were you, just do the 2cm on your femur. It's quicker, cheaper, easier, it's with Guichet, and 2cm is all you truely want... Go for it. Get it done as soon as you can.

YellowSpike

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 06:47:41 PM »

I didn't think I'd still feel short at 5'8", but I do. But...it also doesn't help that I live in one of the most superficial cities in the world and work in a profession that tends to attract lots of very tall men. I don't want to say too much, but I'm sure this makes it harder. 5'8" might be perfectly fine in some Midwestern country bumpkin town, but definitely not where I live.

But I know I need to stop complaining. The thing is with this surgery (and maybe I'll do an update to my diary to address this)...it is a massive, life changing decision. On so many levels. You can't appreciate the weight of procedure (emotionally, physically, financially, socially, etc.) until you actually go and do it. It actually f*cks with your mind big time even doing it with no complications like I did. Changing your height is a weird thing. And just the fact that we CAN change our height (in some cases, like mine) makes us just want more.

In any case, I'm done complaining on here.

Peaceout

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »

I didn't think I'd still feel short at 5'8", but I do. But...it also doesn't help that I live in one of the most superficial cities in the world and work in a profession that tends to attract lots of very tall men. I don't want to say too much, but I'm sure this makes it harder. 5'8" might be perfectly fine in some Midwestern country bumpkin town, but definitely not where I live.

But I know I need to stop complaining. The thing is with this surgery (and maybe I'll do an update to my diary to address this)...it is a massive, life changing decision. On so many levels. You can't appreciate the weight of procedure (emotionally, physically, financially, socially, etc.) until you actually go and do it. It actually f*cks with your mind big time even doing it with no complications like I did. Changing your height is a weird thing. And just the fact that we CAN change our height (in some cases, like mine) makes us just want more.

In any case, I'm done complaining on here.
where do you live?

aspirant185

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2016, 10:07:32 PM »

where do you live?

He is either an investment banker or a lawyer or a consultant in NYC/Chicago/Boston or London. Thats my broad guess.

In business it is really difficult to succeed when you are shorter and not only shorter than the nation average but shorter than the average in your industry. I would guess that the average for what I listed there is 181-2 and at at 172 or even 175-6 one just feels out of place.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

YellowSpike

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

He is either an investment banker or a lawyer or a consultant in NYC/Chicago/Boston or London. Thats my broad guess.

In business it is really difficult to succeed when you are shorter and not only shorter than the nation average but shorter than the average in your industry. I would guess that the average for what I listed there is 181-2 and at at 172 or even 175-6 one just feels out of place.

I'd rather not say where I live, but you are correct on all accounts. I have done pretty well for myself. There are successful guys of all heights in all of those professions you mentioned. I don't necessarily think that there's a direct correlation to success and height in those areas (there probably is, who are we kidding)...but like you said...I just FEEL out of place a lot of the time. It's my internal issue...and THAT'S what sucks.

Deads

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:48 AM »

I'd rather not say where I live, but you are correct on all accounts. I have done pretty well for myself. There are successful guys of all heights in all of those professions you mentioned. I don't necessarily think that there's a direct correlation to success and height in those areas (there probably is, who are we kidding)...but like you said...I just FEEL out of place a lot of the time. It's my internal issue...and THAT'S what sucks.

Feel free to shout me my surgery and I'll be your LL buddy.

Measured my morning and evening height today..... 171 when I woke up and exactly 171 before I went to sleep (16 hours after waking). I went to work as usual and followed my usual routein.... Spine is having me on.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 12:36:58 AM »

Feel free to shout me my surgery and I'll be your LL buddy.

Measured my morning and evening height today..... 171 when I woke up and exactly 171 before I went to sleep (16 hours after waking). I went to work as usual and followed my usual routein.... Spine is having me on.

Welcome to my height :)

Deads

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 12:40:31 AM »

Welcome to my height :)

To add to the list of similarities.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »

Yep, time of day and what your daily activities look like all contribute to morning/afternoon heights. For example, someone who's employed in construction where heavy lifting (50-100 pounds) repeatedly over the course of the day causes significant prolonged pressure on your vertebrae  (it's not uncommon to drop 1/2 inch or more due to this pressure) as oppose to a person with a cushy office job where little or no physical labor is required. Hell, after my late afternoon swim, I'm 1/2 inch taller lol
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up