3.5 cm
- 5 (19.2%)
4 cm
- 9 (34.6%)
4.5 cm
- 9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arm lengthening amount - help me decide  (Read 6783 times)

Overdozer

Arm lengthening amount - help me decide
« on: January 26, 2016, 08:57:49 AM »

So I've lengthened 15 cms in my legs, 7.5-7.5 tib/fem. Now I'm gonna lengthen my humerus and I'm deciding on the amount I should lengthen. I don't want to screw my humerus-forearm proportions.

My arm span is 170 cms. What do you think how much should I lengthen?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

mrblack

Re: Arm lengthening amount - help me decide
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »

How tall are you now? I also think about leg and arm lengthening because my arm span is short. You need a balanced ape index. Guys here told me the maximum would be -3. Of course, 15 cm longer legs is very much but it depends on the proportion to arm span in order to look natural!

Deads

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 09:17:11 AM »

So I've lengthened 15 cms in my legs, 7.5-7.5 tib/fem. Now I'm gonna lengthen my humerus and I'm deciding on the amount I should lengthen. I don't want to screw my humerus-forearm proportions.

My arm span is 170 cms. What do you think how much should I lengthen?

I would lengthen 3-3.5cm

I wouldn't worry so much about forearm-humerus proportions. The humerus is naturally shorter then your forearm, so 3.5cm won't affect proportions much.

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 09:19:04 AM »

How tall are you now? I also think about leg and arm lengthening because my arm span is short. You need a balanced ape index. Guys here told me the maximum would be -3. Of course, 15 cm longer legs is very much but it depends on the proportion to arm span in order to look natural!
I'm 182 cms or almost 6' lol. Indeed arm span is the most important thing when considering proportions. You don't want to ignore sitting height either, but a low sitting height to height ratio actually happens quite often IRL, can't say the same about arm span to height ratio.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Deads

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »

I'm 182 cms or almost 6' lol. Indeed arm span is the most important thing when considering proportions. You don't want to ignore sitting height either, but a low sitting height to height ratio actually happens quite often IRL, can't say the same about arm span to height ratio.

Well adding 3.5cm will take your overall wingspan to 177cm. This will be a -5cm index. I say if you're going to make the humerus lengthening worth your time, do the 3.5cm.

Can't wait to see what you look like dude. You're starting height was 1cm below me.. What you've done is truely inspiring. To add to the nearly exact height between us, your wingspan is 0.5cm more then me. So nearly exactly the same proportions.. If you don't feel comfortable posting pics on the forum, I'd be happy to keep your privacy secure if you'd prefer to private message me.

Let me know. I'll be following closely.

mrblack

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »

So when you look in the mirror what is your feeling now? Your arm span is 12 cm shorter than your total height. How does it look? Do you have the Trex-effect?

Can you help me, too? I am 172cm and my arm span 170 cm. I want to increase height to 178 or 180cm. What would you recommend for arm lengthening in my case?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:54:42 PM by mrblack »

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »

So if you look in the mirror what is your feeling now? Your arm span is 12 cm shorter than your total height. How does it look? Do you have the Trex-effect?

Can you help me, too? I am 172cm and my arm span 170 cm. I want to increase height to 178 or 180cm. What would you recommend for arm lengthening in my case?
It's actually not that easy to notice for me. I'm sure most people wouldn't notice, unless they start to study and compare to themselves. But I'm pretty sure it would look better, if I lengthened to 176-177 arm span, that would be just -5 cms or -2 inches ape index, which is what most people get after LL. From the data I have, it shouldn't take more than 3 months for the whole lengthening process for 3 cms. The only thing I'm worried about is a good chance of paresis or even paralysis.

Regarding your case. Well ideally you'd have to lengthen your arms too. But - see yourself, you don't really have to.

Deads, I'll throw some proportions pics or even vids eventually. That won't be soon though. I have to do AL and then recover my weight, as I've lost a lot. I'm currently just 50 kgs, that obviously doesn't look good, there's no need for proportions pics lol. I think my methabolism increased by a whole lot after lengthening for some reason. Idk. I was 70 kgs at 167 cms before my first surgery, now I've added 15 cms and lost 20 kgs, WTF.

mrblack

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »

What does your doctor say about your arm lengthening request? Does he accept it? Is it easier or more difficult than leg lengthening? Which methode do you prefer? If you want 177 cm arm span, you need to lengthen humerus and forearm, right? How high is the risk of paresis or paralysis? Sorry for too many questions, but not many people here did arm lengthening, so I am very curious. I posted a similar question a couple of days ago (title: Proportion between arm and leg length?)

Deads

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 01:39:39 PM »

What does your doctor say about your arm lengthening request? Does he accept it? Is it easier or more difficult than leg lengthening? Which methode do you prefer? If you want 177 cm arm span, you need to lengthen humerus and forearm, right? How high is the risk of paresis or paralysis? Sorry for too many questions, but not many people here did arm lengthening, so I am very curious. I posted a similar question a couple of days ago (title: Proportion between arm and leg length?)

No, that's just humerus lengthening. 3.5cm on each humerus equates to a total wingspan of +7cm.

Overdozer

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »

Well he warned me about the complications, but he will do it for me. I'd imagine it's easier, because you have your legs and you can move freely, but we'll see. No, lengthening 3 cms in just humerus gives you 6 cm arm span increase. I prefer externals for obvious reasons: it's what I've done before, I have experience with them, my Dr. is right there and it's also cheaper. Also, considering that I won't be going over 3.5 cms, I should be able to remove the external in about 3 months. The risk is medium.

Deads

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:12:41 PM »

Well he warned me about the complications, but he will do it for me. I'd imagine it's easier, because you have your legs and you can move freely, but we'll see. No, lengthening 3 cms in just humerus gives you 6 cm arm span increase. I prefer externals for obvious reasons: it's what I've done before, I have experience with them, my Dr. is right there and it's also cheaper. Also, considering that I won't be going over 3.5 cms, I should be able to remove the external in about 3 months. The risk is medium.

Okay! So when is this going down?

mrblack

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:37:39 PM »

Oh yes of course, both humerus gives you desired 6-7 cm arm span increase!  ;) So it takes only 3 months! Thats good! Is there a maximum with arm lengthening? I can imagine that 3-3,5 cm would fit quite well. I dont think you destroy humerus/forearm proportion with only 3 or even 4cm.

Can I write you a PM?

Alu

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »

Wait wait. How much are you doing in each individual arm then? Is the poll supposed to represent total arm span or just individual arm (huenrus) lengthening?

Deads

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 03:26:50 PM »

Wait wait. How much are you doing in each individual arm then? Is the poll supposed to represent total arm span or just individual arm (huenrus) lengthening?

He'll do either 2.5-3-or 3.5cm in each individual humerus... Your wingspan is a total measurement of both arms and your back.. So if you gain 3.5cm in each arm then the total will be an additional 7cm to the wingspan.

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 03:57:55 PM »

Okay! So when is this going down?
As soon as I recover my knee ROM. I need a knee ROM of at least 120 degrees, so I can stand up/sit down without help of my arms. That will be about 2 to 3 months.

Sure, Mrblack

Overdozer

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »

Bump, having AL in 4 weeks, need opinions.

YungGud

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 05:36:04 PM »

congratulations !
How do you feel know?(mentally and physically)
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

doomsday

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 09:58:27 PM »

post your photo it will be easier to analyze.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »

I would lengthen 3-3.5cm

I wouldn't worry so much about forearm-humerus proportions. The humerus is naturally shorter then your forearm, so 3.5cm won't affect proportions much.

Completely and utterly wrong. The humerus is the longest bone in the arm, the upper arm is longer than the forearm just as the femur is longer than the tibia. Please stop spreading such basic misinformation.

ramaka

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 03:59:30 AM »

Completely and utterly wrong. The humerus is the longest bone in the arm, the upper arm is longer than the forearm just as the femur is longer than the tibia. Please stop spreading such basic misinformation.

Mine isn’t if anything my upper arm is shorter then my lower arm 180.4 wingspan btw if someone lengthened enough and made it to the height of 187.7 would you notice the wingspan if they did arm lengthening. Morning height would be 189.5 with a wingspan of 187 cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up