Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 Year Old's Plans  (Read 12236 times)

simplytoogood

• Visitor
16 Year Old's Plans
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:13:59 AM »

Hey everyone. I'm 16 (turning 17 this may) and I've decided if I don't grow much, then in the future (10 years or so) I will do LL.

Notes: The sitting height posted below is my total height subtracted by my leg inseam.

Sitting Height: 36.5-37 inches
Total Height: 5'8.3 (late evening height) -5'9 (Noon height)
Leg Inseam: 32

Goal Height: 6'1 (6'0 or 5'11 is fine too)
Goal Lengthened: 11.43 cm (6 cm femurs and 5.5 cm tibias either or)

This will give me a 1:1 sitting height-tegs ratio which, according to Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man, is ideal.

Questions: 1. Is this a realistic goal and am I looking at realistic proportions?
2. Should I Lengthen to 6'1, 6'0, or 5'11. Right now 6'0 seems to be realistic to me.
3. Also, what is your real height? Evening height or noon Height?

Thanks to everyone.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: 16 Year Old's Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »

You sound pretty proportional to me already.  My inseam is now 32.  Personally if I were you I'd just do one surgery for 6-7 cm.

There is no "real" height.

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »

Any reason why you think I shouldn't go for 1:1 Vitruvian Man Proportions?

Taller

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »

A 32 inseam at 5'8.5 makes it sound like you're already pretty long-legged at the moment. I have a 5'11.5 friend who wears a 31 inseam. Your torso will probably grow a lot more. Torsos are often the last part of teens to grow. That's why you see so many long-legged and long-armed kids in puberty. Don't worry about height just yet. There's plenty of hope for you.

But, do get your growth plates examined by a doctor if you can.

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 11:28:03 PM »

As far as I understand, the Vitruvian Man has a 1:1 ratio from his head to the beginning of his crotch (sitting height) and from the beginning of his crotch (where leg inseam starts) to the bottom of his feet. The reason for this is because the belly button is 1.618:1 (Golden Ratio) to total height ratio.

http://ww2.valdosta.edu/~jnienow/height.html

As you can see, in the above Sitting Height data samples, it is apparent that Sitting Height significantly varies, with my sitting height even taller than some people who are 6'2!

These two points lead me to think that I will still look proportionate after lengthening to 6'1. Any thoughts?

Taller

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:52:37 PM »

I'm sorry, but a lot of those listed sitting heights seem unrealistically small. Many people were probably slouching when they were measured. There is no such thing as a 185 CM guy with an erect sitting height of 84 CM. I wish, but it's just not the case, unless that person had some sort of medical condition affecting growth.

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 01:00:38 AM »

Actually, I don't think it is too unrealistically small. Very disproportionate, but not unrealistic. The amount of people above 6'1 is about 20% of the world population. So statistically speaking, the people you will see that height, depending on your area are generally a minority, who all still vary in proportion which is hard to notice up close (there are BOUND to be people close to 1:1 ratio). On top of that, the measurements for my height, 5'9 look just about right. If your assumption was correct that many people were slouching, then we should be seeing a similar pattern, a downward curve, for ALL heights. This is simply not the case. What this data tells me is that proportions vary, and tall people generally tend to have either longer torsos, or longer legs, or both.

But from now on, unless it is insightful, I would like to discuss within the framework of Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man, which is considered ideal. I believe I can achieve its 1:1 ideal at 6'1, so that is why I'm here.

Taller

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 04:31:11 AM »

I am open to what you are saying. Do you think you could post a mockup of yourself to illustrate your point? Blur out the face and any potentially identity-revealing pictures for anonymity. If you'd like, I can make a photoshop rendition of what you'd look like at 6'1.

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 06:21:44 AM »

Thank you, Tall, that would be great! If you can, it would be nice if you also did some for 6'0 and 5'11, as I do not know how to do mock-ups.

Also on another note, today I've noticed that my jeans are too long for me. They go all the way down to the bottom of my heel. So I think I am actually a 30 inch inseam. But I don't plan on lengthening more than 6'1.

Anyway, I will post some pictures as soon as I get a hold of a camera.

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:16 AM »

Found a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly at 30 inseam. Anyway, I took a quick picture (yes I'm a twig, but I've started working out so hopefully when I do LL I'll be a lot bigger).

Tall, can you do one for 5'11, 6, and 6'1? Assume I'm 5'8.5. Thanks a lot bro.

Taller

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 04:12:39 AM »

Hey buddy,

Sorry I doubted you. I made your mockups and they don't look bad at all. I think your long arms will allow you to pull off any of the heights you're interested in. What is your armspan, by the way? My only negative opinion is that I do honestly think your torso looks a little short, but much less so because you are wearing your shorts kind of low. This helps, and you may have to do it after LL to appear as proportional as possible. But, I honestly think your torso will grow more though, so don't worry. I'd lengthen the initial 6 CM on femurs and then decide how you feel about your proportions before gaining any more height. Anyways, without further ado, here (in the next few posts) are your carefully crafted mockups. Let me know what you think.

Taller

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 04:13:37 AM »

_

Taller

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 04:14:05 AM »

_

Taller

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 04:16:56 AM »

_

Taller

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 04:17:31 AM »

_

Taller

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 04:21:00 AM »

I apologize if I came off as overly scrutinizing of your proportions. I completely understand your desire to be tall, and, perhaps unfortunately, I can't help but to also notice proportions. That's just the way I am, and I can't help the way I am, or I wouldnt be short myself  ;D. Anyways, this is the best photoshop work I could muster. I hope you find these helpful, and let me know if I can help you in any other way!

Tall

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »

There's no need to apologize. But anyway, thanks a lot man! I think the 6'0 one looks the best (proportion and height wise). I have a few questions. First off, do you honestly think I can pull of all those heights while looking normal? Second, why do you think my torso will grow still?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 06:21:44 PM »

There's no need to apologize. But anyway, thanks a lot man! I think the 6'0 one looks the best (proportion and height wise). I have a few questions. First off, do you honestly think I can pull of all those heights while looking normal? Second, why do you think my torso will grow still?

There are people who never did LL out there with those proportions, although you are leaning on the extreme in the taller mockups. Especially black africans, ive seen them with even longer legs and shorter torso.

Now, I agree with Tall, that your torso might experience a little growth, this can happen anytime between now and when you are 21, so you still have time. The growth plates in the spine fuse later on average compared to the long bones. You might not grow anymore but there is a good chance you will, and you can stimulate this with some supplements i believe.

Taller

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »

Wannabegiant is correct. From what I've seen in teens, the torso and head are usually the last parts of the body to finish growing, and usually grow until, at least, 18, and sometimes even til 21. You may be surprised to find yourself an inch or more taller when you are 22, without any LL.

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »

I don't think it's on the extreme. You should look at the Vitruvian Man by Da Vinci. From the head to beginning of the crotch, 50% is ideal. I think the reason why it looks long is because my upper body is so skinny.

Anyway, I don't think leg inseam is a good way to look at ideal proportions. A 6'4 guy would have to have 38 inches from the beginning of his crotch to his feet! That's like a 45 inseam

ewt

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:23 AM »

You can still grow, i just turned 20 last december and went to my doctor to do check up, he told me i grow 1 cm in the last 2 months, just stick to healthy lifestyle (Fruits and veggies 24 hours, no kfc or any fast food, only lean meat, no drinking alcohol, no cigarette, no drugs, no milk, get your calcium from veggies, milk messed up your stomach, deep sleep for 8 hours a day, and HIIT training to increase your Human Growth Hormone), maybe try to go to doctor and ask him his dietary and exercise plan to increase your height, i get lots of info from my doctor, vitamins could help as well, i'm currently 172 cm, hoping to get to 175 without surgery

ewt

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 03:42:50 AM »

you can stand on your heel and stand in front of the mirror to see what your legs might look like if you add 2" - 3" height to your tibias, i also try to make side by side comparison of your final height using photoshop (Next Time you need to take picture on blank background, white wall or something similar like that, to get the best results for photoshop comparison)

simplytoogood

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 12:11:57 AM »

Sorry everyone I meant the ideal 6'4 should have (about, more or less) 35 inseam! LOL 45 would be like an alien. But anyway ewt, I actually have done the mirror thing a couple times. Looks perfectly fine in the mirror. Anyway, that is good news that you grew. I will do as you suggested and I wish you (and everyone) luck on all your height-increasing endeavours.

By the way, is powdered milk ok?

Arche

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 01:52:59 AM »

To be frank, your job at the age of 16 is to work as hard as possible to get into the best school as possible to get a well playing and secure job so that you won't have to go to India to ever afford this surgery. Just being honest, and I'm not even an old man. I am 22 years old.

Sweden

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 02:54:33 AM »

To be frank, your job at the age of 16 is to work as hard as possible to get into the best school as possible to get a well playing and secure job so that you won't have to go to India to ever afford this surgery. Just being honest, and I'm not even an old man. I am 22 years old.

^^^^ THIS!!

........ (and I'm 10 years older)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Smallguy

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 04:26:58 AM »

^^^^ THIS!!

........ (and I'm 10 years older)

I feel oppositely from you. I own a home in Vancouver and own several stocks which double in value in the last year (CNR, Apple, NOK). However, I take pride in myself for undergoing LL in India and completing my dream with minimal amount of resources. When I return home, I could pay off this debt within 5 months.

I could have easily taken out a mortgage from my home and go with the best doctor in the world. However, I only took out 23k from my credit line to completed my dream with this amount. I'm very close to full recovery... so I think my decision was correct. Have I had the choice to do it over again, I would have made the same choice. but to be honest, I feel my biggest regret would be losing my girlfriend :(

However, someone asked me if I would recommend Sarin. And I said, no. I wouldn't recommend Sarin to my friends nor family because he tend to rush. But then, I'm the type of person who likes taking risk and overcoming challenges. So I wouldn't mind going back to him again.

For femur, I would go with Dr. Birkholtz.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:30:05 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ewt

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »

Sorry everyone I meant the ideal 6'4 should have (about, more or less) 35 inseam! LOL 45 would be like an alien. But anyway ewt, I actually have done the mirror thing a couple times. Looks perfectly fine in the mirror. Anyway, that is good news that you grew. I will do as you suggested and I wish you (and everyone) luck on all your height-increasing endeavours.

By the way, is powdered milk ok?

HELL NO! No powder milk, go see nutrients/doctor and ask for suggestion on how to increase your height, you can also ask for hormone injection as well since you're still 17 and there is a possibility your bone hasn't grown to 95% yet, it's way less expensive than have to do surgery, if you can be tall without surgery, why not?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »

HELL NO! No powder milk, go see nutrients/doctor and ask for suggestion on how to increase your height, you can also ask for hormone injection as well since you're still 17 and there is a possibility your bone hasn't grown to 95% yet, it's way less expensive than have to do surgery, if you can be tall without surgery, why not?

Im not sure but dont the Drs only prescribe growth hormone for deficient children? Those that are way under the norm in terms of height etc. Im not sure they do it for people that are 17 and older and if they are 5'8 then that isnt short enough for them to consider growth hormone a neccessity.

I dunno maybe there are other ways to get growth hormone.

ewt

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »

Im not sure but dont the Drs only prescribe growth hormone for deficient children? Those that are way under the norm in terms of height etc. Im not sure they do it for people that are 17 and older and if they are 5'8 then that isnt short enough for them to consider growth hormone a neccessity.

I dunno maybe there are other ways to get growth hormone.

You can ask for growth Hormone injection, it would effect 2 things, first your sexual desire and your growth spurts, as long your bone hasn't grown to the full extent yet, you might still grow as long you follow the instruction right, hormone injection also being used in people who are older to slow down aging as well
Pages: [1]   Go Up