Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paley vs Guichet (If money, location was not an issue)  (Read 9196 times)

ouroboros

Re: Paley vs Guichet (If money, location was not an issue)
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 05:37:34 PM »

I think he's just passionate about what he does.. Yeah, he'd make a ton of money, but he deserves it. He has systematically created a nail that has had huge success due to its capabilities (e.g. Full weight bearing) and has his patients in the best possible condition before they undergo surgery. He doesn't accept anyone that isn't ready to the proper standards and is forthright about his track record and the possible complications.. Someone that adds that much value has obviously taken the time to research the shortcomings of other lengthening methods (e.g. Long lenfthening periods, long periods with no weight bearing, extreme pain due to a lack of preparation.... All the aspects about lengthening that most takes its toll on the patient) and has overcome them.

The best salesman don't need to sell anything. The product and service sells itself and he knows this. So he is a money maker in the best possible way... By adding more value then anyone else in his field.

I want to believe this too.  I'm rooting for someone to come up with an innovative solution to LL.   

There is just something about Guichet that doesn't seem right to me.

ouroboros

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 05:41:32 PM »

What is considered as the "leechlet PR-stunt drama" ?

You can read Leechlet's diary in both forums, but unfortunately most of the best information was on his youtube channel that no longer exists.

Madmax_01

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 06:58:42 PM »

I have read it. But for me the most outstanding thing was, that Guichet advised him multiple times, not to exceed 7,5 cm, but he insisted to do so. And that he failed to complete his diary, so it ended apruptly.

YellowSpike

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »

I think it's hilarious how some of you are blaming Dr. G for the whole Leechlet thing. That kid was kinda crazy...I mean, we all are for doing LL, but he sorta took it to a whole 'nother level. And from what Dr. G told me personally, Leechlet had no actual complications in the end (but that's the full extent of what he said, so I don't know any more than that).

Dr. Guichet, to me, is very stern and cautious (and he does go into "salesman mode" when you're actually in front of him and already have shown your interest in LL) - but he's a very intelligent and nice man. I would happily have tibias done with him again, but he wont do them on me!!

And the fact that he wont do them on me (when he could charge me for another full fledged LL, as opposed to the femur re-break, which is a fraction of the cost), in my opinion, shows that he genuinely cares about safety and isn't automatically out to bleed me (or anyone else) out for money. I feel like other doctors would just tell me "Oh yeah, tibias are totally fine for you, you'll be walking in two days after the surgery, now send me my money."

TIBIKE200

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »

I want to believe this too.  I'm rooting for someone to come up with an innovative solution to LL.   

There is just something about Guichet that doesn't seem right to me.

I am with you about the fact that something with guichet doesnt seem right...
I learned some stuff during this time

TIBIKE200

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 11:57:32 PM »

I think it's hilarious how some of you are blaming Dr. G for the whole Leechlet thing. That kid was kinda crazy...I mean, we all are for doing LL, but he sorta took it to a whole 'nother level. And from what Dr. G told me personally, Leechlet had no actual complications in the end (but that's the full extent of what he said, so I don't know any more than that).

Dr. Guichet, to me, is very stern and cautious (and he does go into "salesman mode" when you're actually in front of him and already have shown your interest in LL) - but he's a very intelligent and nice man. I would happily have tibias done with him again, but he wont do them on me!!

And the fact that he wont do them on me (when he could charge me for another full fledged LL, as opposed to the femur re-break, which is a fraction of the cost), in my opinion, shows that he genuinely cares about safety and isn't automatically out to bleed me (or anyone else) out for money. I feel like other doctors would just tell me "Oh yeah, tibias are totally fine for you, you'll be walking in two days after the surgery, now send me my money."

What do you mean that he goes into salesman mod? you said before that he says all the hardships and risks when you first meet him

Deads

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »

I am with you about the fact that something with guichet doesnt seem right...

The conspiracy theories on here are amusing to say the least.

.. If you can't trust a doctor that has proven himself time and time again, then you'll never trust anyone.

On this forum, if a doctor has too many good diaries, they're toast. If they don't have enough good diaries, they're toast.. If the person writing the diary sounds too formal, their diary is fake. If patients have too close of a relationship with their doctor, their diaries are fake.

Actually go and meet these people face to face and stop wasting your time with these pointless conspiracy theories.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

The conspiracy theories on here are amusing to say the least.

.. If you can't trust a doctor that has proven himself time and time again, then you'll never trust anyone.

On this forum, if a doctor has too many good diaries, they're toast. If they don't have enough good diaries, they're toast.. If the person writing the diary sounds too formal, their diary is fake. If patients have too close of a relationship with their doctor, their diaries are fake.

Actually go and meet these people face to face and stop wasting your time with these pointless conspiracy theories.

Sarin for example seemed like a good doctor according to many diaries and stories... And look how that ended up

YellowSpike

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2016, 03:00:14 PM »

What do you mean that he goes into salesman mod? you said before that he says all the hardships and risks when you first meet him

I didn't properly articulate what I meant. I meant that, once you've chosen Dr. G and he knows your serious about doing the surgery with him (at which point, being a "salesman" really is a moot point, he already has your money), he does boast a bit about his techniques.

All I will say, Dr. Guichet is absolutely the real deal. He's very demanding and sometimes tough on you...but he's absolutely brilliant (he's more of a scholar than an LL factory) and he's actually a nice guy who really cares about you. I mean, he used to visit me when I was staying in London to see how I was doing. He's a great doctor. I'm going to use him again if I do a bit more on femurs. And maybe I can convince him to do tibias on me in a few years.

Even my dad, who was totally against this LL thing, was more than won over by Dr. G. My dad keeps telling me do just do femurs again because he wants me with Dr. G again lol

Alu

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 08:24:55 PM »

Like that LLuser. (We can keep going in circles if you guys want lol.)

Back on topic: I don't think you can ever go wrong with either doctor. Both seem to have a proven track-record of phenomenal recovery by the current standards. That's not to say that if you go to them you will have a great recovery yourself, but it's more likely.

PatientZero

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 10:43:20 PM »

Hey OP, I would go with Paley for 2 reasons. Experience and Precise 2 being the superior nail. Alibizzia based nails are antiquated, painful, and can't go backwards. Also, the USA is the best country in the world, we simply have that much more guns.

I have no problems with doctors being salesmen, as long as they have positive cases to back it up. Dr.M in Los Angeles is the best example, has billboards but is successful at performing the latest techniques.

Ever applied to a real job? Imagine presenting yourself as a short loser with low self esteem, no one would hire you, so you put on this bull  facade of how great you are at the job and is possibly a likable sociable person.

If these doctors were not salesmen, they would tell you to get the fk out 'cuz you're fking crazy and they could be treating trauma patients or little kids.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

DragonTurtle

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »

Does Guichet insert the nail through the hip, like Paley? Can't find this info.

ouroboros

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2016, 01:29:29 AM »

Does Guichet insert the nail through the hip, like Paley? Can't find this info.

yes he inserts it through the hip.  I've only heard of doctors using Fitbone inserting it through the knee.  In theory, inserting the rod through the knee is supposed to be more advantageous if you want to align your bones perfectly to the anatomical axis but I think the operation is more risky because there is a slight chance to cause damage to the knee. 

In the end, these are all just different schools of thought
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up