Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How realistic I am?  (Read 13283 times)

TIBIKE200

How realistic I am?
« on: January 17, 2016, 10:54:32 PM »

Am I being naive to believe that after lengthening my femurs by 4-5cm (And without any complications with guichet) I will be able to get back 90%+ to what I was before (In terms of sports as I am a powerlifter)? And what about walking like before?
I learned some stuff during this time

aspirant185

Re: How realistic I am?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:33:14 PM »

I believe that you should  establish your priorities. Would you like to be a professional lifter ? If yes, well dont break your leg, man? Don't you think that Leo Messi wouldnt like to be 4-5 cm taller ? Yes but he wouldnt be the same player anymore. I am personally find it much more important to be taller than to be able to lift fully.

With that being said, based on the diaries I ve read, people usually , in most cases, recover their walking and jogging abilities fully.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »

I am doing it as a hobby. So I wouldnt mind to be able to squat less than 150kgs

Deads

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 12:46:57 AM »

Am I being naive to believe that after lengthening my femurs by 4-5cm (And without any complications with guichet) I will be able to get back 90%+ to what I was before (In terms of sports as I am a powerlifter)? And what about walking like before?

Everyone is different... But statistically, you'll have the best recovery if you stick to the 5cm mark.. If it's just a hobby and you don't need to be at an Olympic level of power lifting then you'll be fine.

I'm a hobbyist bodybuilder, and 5cm per portion seems realistic to me.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 08:04:02 AM »

Did you decide to which doctor are you going deads?

aboali1022

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 08:27:20 AM »

Not so sure about powerlifting but I don't see why you can't do bodybuilding after limb lengthening. You can train your upper body freely. The performance of your lower body increases gradually.

Deads

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »

Did you decide to which doctor are you going deads?

No. Time will tell with that one.. It'll depend purely on how well finances go in the next 24 months. If I have the money, it'll be with Guichet. If not, it'll probably be Monegal... Wish I could do the damn thing now haha!

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 11:24:44 AM »

I am doing it as a hobby. So I wouldnt mind to be able to squat less than 150kgs
Your squat performance will suffer regardless of your recovery level. The longer femurs will just have a less effiecient power transmission, you can´t change that in any way, but the more you lengthen the worse it gets.
You will probably be fine, did you measure your bone length to get an idea how high the percentage you lengthen is? Most people suffer from reduced explosiveness and reduced stamina, so lifting wheights in the gym should not be a big deal I guess. 4-5cm´s seem like a smart amount to me and I think that you will probably be able to recover very well.
Just read some diaries, most femur patients who did 8cm´s say that they will not get back what they had prior to the surgery. I think it was programdude who said that if sports are important to you, don´t do more than 2 inches.

Peaceout

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »

No. Time will tell with that one.. It'll depend purely on how well finances go in the next 24 months. If I have the money, it'll be with Guichet. If not, it'll probably be Monegal... Wish I could do the damn thing now haha!
I remember that you were aiming 9 cm no matter what :DStill same?Or lower goal?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 11:30:25 AM »

Your squat performance will suffer regardless of your recovery level. The longer femurs will just have a less effiecient power transmission, you can´t change that in any way, but the more you lengthen the worse it gets.
You will probably be fine, did you measure your bone length to get an idea how high the percentage you lengthen is? Most people suffer from reduced explosiveness and reduced stamina, so lifting wheights in the gym should not be a big deal I guess. 4-5cm´s seem like a smart amount to me and I think that you will probably be able to recover very well.
Just read some diaries, most femur patients who did 8cm´s say that they will not get back what they had prior to the surgery. I think it was programdude who said that if sports are important to you, don´t do more than 2 inches.

Yeah. I choose 4-5cm since I am 171cm. I know it wont make me "tall". But It will transform me from almost average to average in most places. Considering the fact that I only wear shoes (including the stuff for my flatfoot) that add to my height 4cm, I always gain 4cm. So walking around at 179-180 seems a reasonable height for me. And as I said before, if someone will call me short at 5'9 or 175-176cm, they probably need to go to a psychaiatrist to check their mental statues.
  More important than squat for me, is to know if after everything is over (surgery, consolidation, recovery) no one including me will be able to notice I even had a surgery

Thatdude950

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »

The biggest post LL squat I've seen is 150 pounds, so about 70kg.

I think even a modest total of 1000 pounds (including, say, a 140kg/310 squat and 180kg/395 deadlift) would be totally outside the realm of possibilities. Basically you will become crap at your hobby. If being tall is more important go for it, but I'll tell you now - kiss your powerlifting potential goodbye.

Thatdude950

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 06:48:13 PM »

Everyone is different... But statistically, you'll have the best recovery if you stick to the 5cm mark.. If it's just a hobby and you don't need to be at an Olympic level of power lifting then you'll be fine.

I'm a hobbyist bodybuilder, and 5cm per portion seems realistic to me.

Don't play it down by saying "Olympic level". The average person with decent genetics, no LL who trains hard their entire life still won't reach Olympic level.

You will suck at powerlifting by even hobbyist standards if you do LL. A 150kg squat is not impressive and it's very unlikely you will able to get near that.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »

Don't play it down by saying "Olympic level". The average person with decent genetics, no LL who trains hard their entire life still won't reach Olympic level.

You will suck at powerlifting by even hobbyist standards if you do LL. A 150kg squat is not impressive and it's very unlikely you will able to get near that.

Yeah... I know that 150kg is not impressive.. But its not bad for a 69kg person :). Anyway, more important to me as I said before is to know if after I am done with the process will I be able to walk and move like a normal person (taking the scenario in which no complications accure)

Thatdude950

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 07:49:57 PM »

Cool. 150 at that weight is decent and shows a level of commitment for sure, and you'll out squat the average gym goer comfortably - but by powerlifting standards, it's really only just getting into intermediate kind of territory.

Considering that after a year most people aren't jogging, or even walking normally, yes people are likely to notice. Especially your gym brahs. long term - you will notice. Others might or might not depending how lucky you are with recovery and what they see you doing. When two years later you're still struggling to squat 100kg people will prob ask wtf happened

Alittletooshort

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 08:24:52 PM »

The biggest post LL squat I've seen is 150 pounds, so about 70kg.

I think even a modest total of 1000 pounds (including, say, a 140kg/310 squat and 180kg/395 deadlift) would be totally outside the realm of possibilities. Basically you will become crap at your hobby. If being tall is more important go for it, but I'll tell you now - kiss your powerlifting potential goodbye.
I think that the difference between tibial and femoral lengthening is pretty substential when it comes to exercises like squats or leg press. Longer tibias will have little effect on your squat performance compared to femurs. My gym bro has very long femurs and is quit tall, he can barely squat 100kg´s due to his long femurs (he tends to loose his balance when going down), he has no difficulties benchning  140kg´s though, which is way more than I can do.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:37 PM »

Cool. 150 at that weight is decent and shows a level of commitment for sure, and you'll out squat the average gym goer comfortably - but by powerlifting standards, it's really only just getting into intermediate kind of territory.

Considering that after a year most people aren't jogging, or even walking normally, yes people are likely to notice. Especially your gym brahs. long term - you will notice. Others might or might not depending how lucky you are with recovery and what they see you doing. When two years later you're still struggling to squat 100kg people will prob ask wtf happened

Do you know any guichet patients that did this kind of lengthening? Because if I am going femoral, I am doing only 4-5cm with guichet (even though I have a feeling in my head that he is not as good as he is presenting himself to be..)

Deads

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 01:47:23 AM »

Dude, settle down. Way to denigrate the guy by telling him his squat is 'average' and 'not impressive'.

I didn't play anything down. TIBIKE said that it was a hobby, so as long as he doesn't need to perform at a peak level then a small reduction in performance will be fine..

Europa

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 03:12:27 AM »

^ Agreed. 150 Kg squat for 69 Kg bodyweight  is, as said, higher than your average gym-goer. As long as he's not into some intense strength circle he'll be fine with a small increment.

Thatdude950

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 12:23:42 PM »

Dude, settle down. Way to denigrate the guy by telling him his squat is 'average' and 'not impressive'.

I didn't play anything down. TIBIKE said that it was a hobby, so as long as he doesn't need to perform at a peak level then a small reduction in performance will be fine..

What I'm getting at is that at the moment his ceiling is high  - if he wanted to, he could build on that number. It's not impressive but it's a great foundation that probably took a few years of consistent work.

LL destroys that foundation beyond repair. It's very unlikely that he will return to 90% of that and squat ~135 - 140kg. Ability wise, for the next few years and probably the rest of his life, he will be at the beginner level, on par with guys that have been at the gym for a few months. That is NOT a small reduction in performance, it's a significant one.

The question he asked wasn't "Can I perform at an elite/Olympic level", it was "can I return to 90%", which in his case is basically saying "can I perform at an intermediate/decent level".

The answer is no, you probably will not be able to. You might be able to perform the movements, but your ability (at least in the squat, and possibly in the deadlift)  will be that of a beginner, and your ceiling for improvement will be significantly lower.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »

What I'm getting at is that at the moment his ceiling is high  - if he wanted to, he could build on that number. It's not impressive but it's a great foundation that probably took a few years of consistent work.

LL destroys that foundation beyond repair. It's very unlikely that he will return to 90% of that and squat ~135 - 140kg. Ability wise, for the next few years and probably the rest of his life, he will be at the beginner level, on par with guys that have been at the gym for a few months.

The question he asked wasn't "Can I perform at an elite/Olympic level", it was "can I return to 90%", which in his case is basically saying "can I perform at an intermediate/decent level".

The answer is no, you probably will not be able to. You might be able to perform the movements, but your ability will be that of a beginner, and your ceiling for improvement will be significantly lower.

what is more important to me is if I will be able to walk normally if everything goes fine. I can ditch the heavy squats and deadlifts for being taller and normal (in terms of walking and moving around and even chasing the bus haha). About the number of years I have been training in the powerlifting world, it's been 1 year and a half.

Thatdude950

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 12:34:07 PM »

what is more important to me is if I will be able to walk normally if everything goes fine. I can ditch the heavy squats and deadlifts for being taller and normal (in terms of walking and moving around and even chasing the bus haha). About the number of years I have been training in the powerlifting world, it's been 1 year and a half.

So long as you understand what the trade off really is.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »

So long as you understand what the trade off really is.

That's the thing. If for example I will have extreme chicken legs I will have to reconsider. If I will look normal with somewhat long legs I can live with that. If I will be able to function as a normal non athletic person I know for sure that I can live happily ever after

Deads

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 01:37:14 PM »

LL destroys that foundation beyond repair. It's very unlikely that he will return to 90% of that and squat ~135 - 140kg. Ability wise, for the next few years and probably the rest of his life, he will be at the beginner level, on par with guys that have been at the gym for a few months. That is NOT a small reduction in performance, it's a significant one.

The answer is no, you probably will not be able to. You might be able to perform the movements, but your ability (at least in the squat, and possibly in the deadlift)  will be that of a beginner, and your ceiling for improvement will be significantly lower.

You basically communicated the same thing as me.. Just in a more dramatic drawn out way.

Thatdude950

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:19 AM »

You basically communicated the same thing as me.. Just in a more dramatic drawn out way.

In a more accurate way. I hate the way athletic damage is phrased here. Saying "so long as you don't wanna be an elite athlete don't worry" implies that while you wont be Elite, you could still perform at say the state level - or be above average.  No - if you do LL you won't be able to be any kind of athlete. You will be significantly less athletic than the average person that has any kind of ability. Performance wise it's closer to having your leg amputated than something that might *actually* only detract 5 - 10% off your performance, like an acl tear.

Overdozer

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 02:31:05 AM »

I actually know professional athlets who did LL to get advantage. Like one shortened his humerus to press more lol, and another one lengthened his tibias. Not sure how it went though, didn't ask the doc. But I may next time.

I think you're speculating too much though, Thatdude, are you even a LL patient? If not, where do you get all that information from? Just wondering. And if I get to squat 100 kgs 10 reps with proofs (I've lengthened 15 cms btw (7.5 - 7.5 tib-fem), and my max squat was 90kgs before LOL) will you delete your account? I mean if you're so sure, you should easily accept my challenge.

Btw, lengthening your tibias should have about zero effect on your squat perfomance, so if you're so concerned about it, you could do external tibias. For just 4 cms that's actually a good idea, it's also cheap.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Thatdude950

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 03:44:56 AM »

I actually know professional athlets who did LL to get advantage. Like one shortened his humerus to press more lol, and another one lengthened his tibias. Not sure how it went though, didn't ask the doc. But I may next time.

I'd love to see what their performance is like

I think you're speculating too much though, Thatdude, are you even a LL patient? If not, where do you get all that information from? Just wondering. And if I get to squat 100 kgs 10 reps with proofs (I've lengthened 15 cms btw (7.5 - 7.5 tib-fem), and my max squat was 90kgs before LOL) will you delete your account? I mean if you're so sure, you should easily accept my challenge.

Btw, lengthening your tibias should have about zero effect on your squat perfomance, so if you're so concerned about it, you could do external tibias. For just 4 cms that's actually a good idea, it's also cheap.

I've got it from going through a number of diaries and seeing no recoveries that resemble decent athleticism/strength, with the one exception of shyshys leg press/sprints. All we tend to see is a bunch of awkward running and jogging - often, jogging that can only be done for a few minutes before having to stop if you read what patients are saying.

I would love to see it! 100kgx10 would be easily the most impressive post LL squat anyone has seen. I'd have to take your word that you did only squat 90kg pre LL, but regardless, if you lengthened it'd set a new standard. Squats must barbell, to parralel. I won't delete my account, I'll put whatever you want in my signature though.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 05:26:08 PM »

Don't you think that Leo Messi wouldnt like to be 4-5 cm taller ?

Not every short person in this world wants to be taller. Please don't generalize such a huge number of people.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Thatdude950

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »

And if I get to squat 100 kgs 10 reps with proofs (I've lengthened 15 cms btw (7.5 - 7.5 tib-fem), and my max squat was 90kgs before LOL) will you delete your account? I mean if you're so sure, you should easily accept my challenge

Btw are you actually squatting in that range at the moment? Or are you just assuming you could do it?

Peaceout

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 11:01:20 PM »

Btw are you actually squatting in that range at the moment? Or are you just assuming you could do it?
I believe he is assuming.If he even claims that he can do it he just cant proof it(altough he wont be able to do it).He is not even sharing his photos right now lol.
Btw im easily accepting your challenge,do it and i wont just delete my account i will burn my pc.
LL ruins your body after a certain limit.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 11:08:57 PM »

I believe he is assuming.If he even claims that he can do it he just cant proof it(altough he wont be able to do it).He is not even sharing his photos right now lol.
Btw im easily accepting your challenge,do it and i wont just delete my account i will burn my pc.
LL ruins your body after a certain limit.

What is the limit though? Because as I said, I "only" want to do 4-5cm

theuprising

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:20 PM »

Can this challenge include comparison pics between yourself and dozer. As dozer is slightly taller than you now I would seriously pay to see what a natural 180cm guy looks like compared to an original 167cm lengthened to to 182cm guy looks like in briefs (no homo).

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up