Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stretching vs. Muscle Gain  (Read 2748 times)

Madmax_01

Stretching vs. Muscle Gain
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:56:12 PM »

Hey guys,

We all know that, stretching and gaining strenght on your legs is very important for surgery (especially for Doctors like Guichet). But if you would weigh these two important components of preparation, which one would you say is more important? I would be really interested what people would say who have undergone this procedure. It would really help.

All the best

Deads

Re: Stretching vs. Muscle Gain
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »

Hey guys,

We all know that, stretching and gaining strenght on your legs is very important for surgery (especially for Doctors like Guichet). But if you would weigh these two important components of preparation, which one would you say is more important? I would be really interested what people would say who have undergone this procedure. It would really help.

All the best

Gaining muscle isn't important. Getting your muscles and tendons accustomed to stress through strength training, endurance training and explosive training is important..

Gaining flexibility is equally as important.

There is no 'more important' aspect of preparation. You need to be fully prepared. Stretching, strength, explosive and endurance training are all different ways to prepare your soft tissues for stress.. Generally I like to live by the 80/20 rule.. Meaning, you aim to do the 20% of things that will give you 80% of the results.. In this instance, this rule doesn't apply. The less you prepare, the harder is will be. Simple.

With that being said, if you do nothing else, stretch like there's no tomorrow.

Madmax_01

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:09:57 PM »

Gaining muscle isn't important. Getting your muscles and tendons accustomed to stress through strength training, endurance training and explosive training is important..

Gaining flexibility is equally as important.

There is no 'more important' aspect of preparation. You need to be fully prepared. Stretching, strength, explosive and endurance training are all different ways to prepare your soft tissues for stress.. Generally I like to live by the 80/20 rule.. Meaning, you aim to do the 20% of things that will give you 80% of the results.. In this instance, this rule doesn't apply. The less you prepare, the harder is will be. Simple.

With that being said, if you do nothing else, stretch like there's no tomorrow.

You mean by endurance, explosive and strength trainings things like skipping ropes, running, jogging, etc. Did I understand that correctly?

alps

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »

is there a preparation program that we could follow like Dr. Guichet's ?

it is very hard to do all this in a structured fashion without knowing much. I can't explain to my gym trainer what exactly I want to achieve. for lower body workouts, he just makes me do muscle building ones and cardio stuff.

What kind of a trainer should I go to? how do I explain what I want to achieve (without telling about LL) ?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:35:01 PM »

is there a preparation program that we could follow like Dr. Guichet's ?

it is very hard to do all this in a structured fashion without knowing much. I can't explain to my gym trainer what exactly I want to achieve. for lower body workouts, he just makes me do muscle building ones and cardio stuff.

What kind of a trainer should I go to? how do I explain what I want to achieve (without telling about LL) ?

Squat and deadlifts for muscle mass, yoga for stretching
I learned some stuff during this time
Pages: [1]   Go Up