Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deciding on a doctor  (Read 2613 times)

Deads

Deciding on a doctor
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:48:42 PM »

My Dr's of choice are;

Dr Guichet, because he's very passionate about CLL (to the degree that he has created his own nail) and his nails allow full weight bearing. The full weight bearing nails are probably the most appealing aspect of surgery with him. Full weight bearing throughout the distraction and consolidation phases will allow for a much faster recovery. It will keep soft tissues moving and limber and you don't have to re-train yourself to walk, so to speak.. The lengthening rates are also very fast.

The famous Dr Monegal, because of his competitive pricing and his caring nature. Fitbone however doesn't allow for weight bearing.. I find that this will stall my progress in terms of how fast I could make a full recovery if I were able to fully employ the muscles in my legs.

.... And recently, Dr Franz is a new consideration. His pricing is hugely competitive and the guy seems professional and sensible. He is quite conservative compared to other doctors and reccomends a max of 6cm on the femur. I want 5.5cm. He seems equally as caring as Dr M.

These guys will be the three I have consult with in the near future.. I will be doing some travelling soon and I'll be popping in and see all three before I make my final decision.

What would everyone's opinions be if you could only choose from these three?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:21:50 PM by Deads »

Revenge

Re: Deciding on a doctor
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 02:30:33 PM »

God luck my friend but ı think weigh bea. is bless

Razorfin

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:35:39 PM »

God luck my friend but ı think weigh bea. is bless

That was almost a sentence ..

aspirant185

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 11:40:22 PM »

I think it is unnecessary to visit all three doctors before making a choice. I mean if you'd like a vacation, by all means do one but by going toa doctor you will not hear anything different than what you will hear on the phone..

I will personally go with Dr. Mitkovic because of his competitive pricing, lack of complications, I have never seen a diary in which people had any problems - lingering pain, difficulties with walking etc - and the diaries of Dr. Mitkovic are by far the most abundant in numbers (here and at makemetaller) .. besides he is operating just 150 km away from my home town, so I will have friends and family all the time with me. Finally, his method is quite safe and has a great track record of success for only 5 cm, which I would do as a start.
That decision is for me personally a no brainer :) Nevertheless, if I decide later on on another 5 cm Femur, I would most likely go to Dr. M ... he happens the operate in a town, which is the home of my favorite football team. And guess what. Disabled people get to watch games for free !
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Europa

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 03:26:53 AM »

I'm faced with the exact same decision as you Deads. I sadly can't consider Tibias as they're already fairly long, combined with my ape-like wingspan it would just look absurd.

I'd love to do it with Guichet but his pricing is quite substantial… especially considering the other two options. I'm by no means incline to play with my health but all three doctors seem to display a high level of professionalism, so I have to factor cost.

Deads

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 03:35:58 AM »

I'm faced with the exact same decision as you Deads. I sadly can't consider Tibias as they're already fairly long, combined with my ape-like wingspan it would just look absurd.

I'd love to do it with Guichet but his pricing is quite substantial… especially considering the other two options. I'm by no means incline to play with my health but all three doctors seem to display a high level of professionalism, so I have to factor cost.

Exactly :)

I know the other two can get the job done.. With the extra money needed to go to Guichet we could do soo many other things.

mrblack

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 07:26:21 AM »

I have been only to Dr. Betz in Germany so far. I was very convinced first but now I read here stuff about him which irritates me and I have to reconsider if he is really an option for me. Betz advised me against Fitbone, he warned me it can cause a lot of troubles. He meant he does not say this because he has his own nail but he used Fitbone in the past and saw big malfunctions.

Dr. Mitkovic uses an external method which is cheaper but also very inconvenient and takes longer recovery time as I've read.  External is also more risky than Internal. Dr. Franz does only cosmetic lengthening when you under 1.65 cm. So its not a possibility in my case. Dr. Monegal seems to be very good but his advice is to do one limb and then the other with Fitbone. That means you have a temporary limb length discrepancy which can be compensated othopedically. Dr. Guichet has a good reputation with his own nail, short recovery time but is very expensive. Thats my informations till now. I will continue my research about doctors, maybe also Asia.

axelf

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »

franz birkholtz does surgery if you're above 165cm.

just ask him! if you're an "appropriate candidate" in his opinion, he will help you

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »

I would choose Guichet. If price is a problem go to Birkholtz. Not Monegal for sure. If you go to him there is high chance you will need to pay extra money to be fixed by other doctors. Complications are not cheap.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

ub40

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 03:08:15 AM »

Wait, I'm confused I thought external was considered the safest method
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Deads

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 09:31:45 AM »

Wait, I'm confused I thought external was considered the safest method

Internal femur is safest
Pages: [1]   Go Up