Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does feel like psychologically to wear frames?  (Read 5459 times)

alps

What does feel like psychologically to wear frames?
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »

I know it varies from person to person.
But is it emotionally disturbing to wear giant frames around your legs?

I read on shortsupport.org about some guy who regretted his LL (don't know the outcome) because it was painful and it was scary. He said he had nightmares the first few weeks or so about the frames.

All the blood, pus, what not that oozes out, hardens, flakes, (smells?), pins going deep into your skin and touching your bones etc.
Did any of you feel like giving up just because of the frames (and not the pain and immobility) ?

BilateralDamage

Re: What does feel like psychologically to wear frames?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »

Cool question, I'd like to know the answer to this as well.  My guess would be that it just becomes another part of you after a few months of wearing it.

PrettyTall

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:22 PM »

Man you made a horreur film from it calm down, It's not easy + depens on the frames DR.ghasan have some cool frames not as big as the classic ones I'll wait to see other people opinion
I know it varies from person to person.
But is it emotionally disturbing to wear giant frames around your legs?

I read on shortsupport.org about some guy who regretted his LL (don't know the outcome) because it was painful and it was scary. He said he had nightmares the first few weeks or so about the frames.

All the blood, pus, what not that oozes out, hardens, flakes, (smells?), pins going deep into your skin and touching your bones etc.
Did any of you feel like giving up just because of the frames (and not the pain and immobility) ?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:48 PM »

I never felt that way at all.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Those frames were going to make me taller, and I'd spent every cent I could save/borrow to get them.  I loved those frames.

They put me into a state of being like a baby, which was comforting in a way, too.  I wasn't responsible for myself for the first time since I was a child.  It was Professor Xia's and his staff's job to take care of me for 5 months and nothing could change that as long as the frames were on.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:35:29 AM »

I never felt that way at all.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Those frames were going to make me taller, and I'd spent every cent I could save/borrow to get them.  I loved those frames.

They put me into a state of being like a baby, which was comforting in a way, too.  I wasn't responsible for myself for the first time since I was a child.  It was Professor Xia's and his staff's job to take care of me for 5 months and nothing could change that as long as the frames were on.

Agreed with the above, im expecting to love the frames as much as i love my refrigerator  ;)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 01:37:29 AM »

Medium Drinks train of thought is spot in, in my opinion. I learned to "love" the frames well before I had them on because I knew they were the vessel with which new horizons would be gained. If you've ever seen the movie Apollo 13, I would liken them to the LM. They take care of you and your life for a brief time, but within that time you share an intimate and riveting experience, and then you merely discard them forever....
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Smallguy

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 03:28:18 AM »

It feels like a bitc*. Weights about 10lb with multiple pin sticking through your flesh. Hard to move around and hard sleep on the side. If you're a side-sleeper like me you'll be in trouble. If you lengthen quickly it will give you explosive nerve pain. Bleeding, scabbing, and risk for infection. If it's winter time and you let your frames out, it will conduct the cold temperature in the air and makes your body lose heat.

I haven't met anyone who made it through the several months bearing the frame and not taking pain-killer medication... except for this one Vietnamese guy. and he was also the guy who got 10.6cm. He actually kept all his painkiller in the drawer without using them and when he had his frames remove, he surprised Sunny & Dr. Sarin with all his painkiller med. I thought, wtf, he could have given them to the patients who were suffering from pain... because we were given only a daily quotient. And sometime we have to buy them ourselves. What a way to show-off. He didn't use his medication (because we are all health-freak and we know these med are bad for our livers).. but he did suffer from pre-mature onset of facial wrinkle due to all those groaning and painful facial expression.

Debate me if you want, external is only suitable for tibas... and femur if you only lengthen a small amount like 4-5cm. There are many muscles on your thigh and you wouldn't want to have all those pins ripping through them. It's not worth the bargain at the risk of long-term health.

Actually, I'm used to living a comfortable life in a first-world so it was a difficult experience for me... albeit my dramatic LL diary.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »

Not as bad as u think. I didn't find them that scary at all. It's just the lack of mobility that gets to me sometimes. Totally worth it. A vessel to a new horizon. Really like the way Ashoka put it. Good job my man _b

jerry

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 05:49:05 AM »

What about having frames on for 11-13 months?  That is roughly the duration required for external tibias 7-8cm.   The alternative is 4-5 months with LON/LATN (risking permanent knee pain).  I'm having a hard time deciding between these two methods.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 06:16:53 AM »

What about having frames on for 11-13 months?  That is roughly the duration required for external tibias 7-8cm.   The alternative is 4-5 months with LON/LATN (risking permanent knee pain).  I'm having a hard time deciding between these two methods.

Yeah, even with the knee pain risk you kind of have to consider LON/LATN.  I couldn't get out of those frames fast enough after just 5 months.  Both Kelly and Cuckoosnest from the Serbian chapters of my diary started out external-only and then opted for LATN.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:22 AM »

This question is very subjective.  It's all depend on your greed for height. How much pain and discomfort can you withstand in order to reach your goal. Pray that the doctor fits your frames just right and there's no complication,  you'd be on your way to become taller with less pain and possibly no painkillers needed after 1st 2 weeks. The frames would feel light. But... if he didn't fit it properly,  let's say he hit nerves, ect.. you'd be in a lot of pain and sleepless nights. The frames would weigh heavy and sometimes youd want to have them removed.

Good luck to those who want to embark on LL.

Disobedient

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 08:19:23 PM »

I assured you , that you'll feel down sometime, you may spend your next nights just crying cuz  you cant sleep, cant stand, and there is always a new type of pain.. once in your back, knee, the pin site in left  femur etc..

and yeah you may do stupid things like stop drinking water just because you want to reduce the times of going to toilet cuz moving with frame is a real pain in ass ..

but all of this doesn't matter if your REALLY want to increase your height couple of inches,,

so here is a thing you should determine before doing  external LL ..

in term of pain yes you'll have pain of course, but the pain will reduce significantly after the distraction

but the pain in pin site will remain almost same especially in the femur..

about the time, I guess if you'll  stay at your home, you'll not find the long time with frame is a real issue..

so if you decided to do just external, try to make your life much easier by staying with your family, buying some staff that make you comfy air bed mattress, a really comfy wheel chair. and so on..

Pages: [1]   Go Up