Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant decide about scar revision operation  (Read 1594 times)

bluebarbie

Cant decide about scar revision operation
« on: December 28, 2015, 04:16:38 AM »

Hi, friends ..i need some help on deciding whether to go for the scar removal surgery now or not. Yesterday i went to meet a plastic and reconstructive surgeon from italy at our local hospital. He was the same doctor who appointed me to come back in december coz one of my scars still isnt ready back then. Now he approved me that its a good time to go for the surgery. When he detected that the two scars near the knee joints are very deep and nearly stuck to the bone, he told us that the scar revision and reconstruction is not only for the appearence but can be also good for function. When i bend my knees all the way , the scars go in real deep and very stuck to the bone. As i have always had a pulled feeling from those two scars when i bend the knees , i also have a sense that i would be able to bend my knees faster without those scars stuck deep in and glued all the tissues and muscles near them. But i am also very scared to go for the surgery now. Its like i feel i just want to stay this way slow but comfortable for increasing my roms. But what if i go for the surgery and something (i dont know) unexpected goes wrong and i would be stuck with only 90 to100 degress of roms. The doctor said it could improve my roms faster after the removal and reconstruction but i still cant decide what to do. My skin is also still tight so there is a risk where the scar would expend months after the surgery from the result of tight skin. Please let me know ur opinions. What would you do if you were me.
Ps: i want to remove all the scars asap and wear shorts, party and show off my long thighs asap of course. I m just scared of smt goes wrong.
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Cant decide about scar revision operation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 05:39:00 AM »

What are you worried will go wrong?  Scar revision surgery is less risky than LL, and I think it's necessary in your case.  External femur lengthening leaves really bad scars, and your case is no exception.

I had scar revision and it worked out really well for me.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 05:40:48 AM »

MDOW, how much was scar revision and do they just laser remove it or something?
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

bluebarbie

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 06:22:05 AM »

What are you worried will go wrong?  Scar revision surgery is less risky than LL, and I think it's necessary in your case.  External femur lengthening leaves really bad scars, and your case is no exception.

I had scar revision and it worked out really well for me.

First i feel that all the fibroids and skin layers are very stuck to the bone. But now everday i m trying to stretch all them out again including my quads of course in order to regain my full range of motion. And now that im aldy half way there i just want to stay in this comfort zone. Coz in every surgery, there are hidden risks right?. .i dont know..i am scared of things like there will be left with more scar tissue, more tension in the area or more tightness. And the skin near that area is still really tight so after the surgery, the scar may expand and making ut more difficult to undergo the same procedure again.
But i m also feeling the urge to remove them asap coz the procedure doesnt only include the removal but also the releasing of layers of tissues and fibroids for the fuction. I cant decide whether do do it now or wait more until full range of motion returns. I will be over the moon if it helps for easier return of flexion but what if not.
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up