Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: external monorail for femur and tibia lengthening 4cm each  (Read 3544 times)

acedprtgs

• Visitor
external monorail for femur and tibia lengthening 4cm each
« on: December 26, 2015, 12:33:38 AM »

Is external monorail cheaper than LON/LATN.. Is it safe using using external monorail for femur and tibia lengthening 4cm/5cm.. a total of 9cm

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:48:44 AM by Admin »

PatientZero

Re: external monorail for femur and tibia lengthening 4cm each
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 01:16:24 AM »

External femurs is the most barbaric form of LL, and monorail produces the worst results for externals. It doesn't take a doctor to understand how ring based fixation provides greater stability.

The word around monorail is that you go to Serbia to have it done, then go to another country to fix your misalignment later. Cheapest method becomes more expensive in the long run.

In my opinion, the safest from top down:

Internal Femurs
Internal Tibias
External Tibias
External Femurs

For the best price/safety route, I recommend internal femurs and LON/LATN tibias.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Keep Growing

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 08:27:25 AM »

But, at the same time, there were a few cases where lengthening was completed successfully using monorails. I think monorails are bad if you want to lengthen a big amount, more than 3-4 cm. To be on the safe side you might want to try LON/LATN but then you have to take in account a possible knee pain.

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 07:45:45 PM »

External femurs is the most barbaric form of LL, and monorail produces the worst results for externals. It doesn't take a doctor to understand how ring based fixation provides greater stability.

The word around monorail is that you go to Serbia to have it done, then go to another country to fix your misalignment later. Cheapest method becomes more expensive in the long run.

In my opinion, the safest from top down:

Internal Femurs
Internal Tibias
External Tibias
External Femurs

For the best price/safety route, I recommend internal femurs and LON/LATN tibias.

I have been reading about all kind of LL methods and that's what I think too..

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 07:59:28 PM »

But, at the same time, there were a few cases where lengthening was completed successfully using monorails. I think monorails are bad if you want to lengthen a big amount, more than 3-4 cm. To be on the safe side you might want to try LON/LATN but then you have to take in account a possible knee pain.

What if I use monorails to gain 6 cm in my femur.. *sorry for my English*.. from what I have read through varies websites, monorails cannot bear too much weight but still the best external method for femur lengthening..
best way to get the best out of monorail femur lengthening is..
1. not to put too much weight during the lengthening period.. after you are done are with your lengthening don't remove monorails right away..
2. do not lengthen your femur more than 5-6 cms..
3. after monorails removal get nails/plate fixation.. for extra support..
4. you need flexible and strong hip muscles.. do a lot of stretching for that... (the more flexible your legs are the easier the procedures go..)

PatientZero

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »

I think you should go read up on craig49's journal in old forum to see it it will change your mind from external femurs.

No Western doctor will recommend external femurs for cosmetic lengthening unless there was an issue preventing your femurs from getting an internal nail (like too much curvature).

Save your money and do the safest option possible, you only have one life and one pair of legs.

Revenge

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »

Why why why ? Why external femur is so bad I live in western and so many doctor says its okey

PatientZero

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »

Why why why ? Why external femur is so bad I live in western and so many doctor says its okey

Western here means you're American or European? I don't believe that you've actually consulted with 'so many doctors' who say its 'okey'.

Please stop being lazy and do some research, this is an extremely serious surgery where you can be crippled for life. I even pointed you guys in the right direction, to look up craig49's diaries. I'm not going to link because (1) its from old forum, and (2) no one likes lazy people.

bluebarbie also did external femur and said it was torture.

Revenge

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »

craig49 said   As far as femurs, if you don't do internals, the only other way to do it somewhat safely is LON, preferably with a monorail.  The upper leg does not respond well to external devices like Lizarov.  For more info, read LB's diary and you will see how much trouble he had.  Also 12345's diary.  Although his case would have been fine I think had the doctor not rushed to do MUA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up