Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering Tibial lengthening (7.5 cm) in a few months (in india)..  (Read 3261 times)

acedprtgs

• Visitor

Age - 24
Sex - Male
Height - 5'6.5'' (168.91) when I'm doing lots of workout.. Yoga/running.. Otherwise it would go down a few cms.. lowest I have seen is a little over 5'6''..

WINGSPAN - When I was 16, me and my best friend measured ourselves..
me- height 5'6.5'' (168.91), wingspan 5'7.5'' (171.45)
my friend- height 5'8'' (172.72), wingspan 5'9'' (175.26)... we both have long torso, small hands and small legs..
When I turned 18 my feet, my face, my arms grew.. except for my height (my legs and my torso) every part of my body grew.. At the time I was really happy and hoped I would grow eventually.. been 6 years and still the same height..
Right now, my wingspan is 5'11.2'' (181 cm).. I look really awkward.. usually people with longer arms have longer legs.. like my father his ams are 2.5'' longer than his height but he has longer legs too, plus he is tall (5'11''/180.34cm).. my arms are 4.5'' longer than my height, plus I'm short..

How do I feel about my height ?
I'm from India.. if you Google average height India, it will show 5'5''.. which makes me over average.. bull*** All of my friends, my cousins.. Except for two boys, every one I know is taller than me.. When I look at a person, the first thing I notice is his height and if you ask me average height is 5'8'' to 5'9''.. So why does google say it is 5'5''.. because there are few states and casts in india.. where people are too short and the population is very high.. Like the guy I was buying vegetables from today is from bihar and his height is around.. 4'8'' (142cm).. So, yes.. I feel short all the time.. It's depressing.. I don't go out much..

Tibial/femur lengthening ??
I'm considering tibial lengthening using hexapod fixator.. my goal is 7.5 cm.. My height will be same as my grandpa.. Which I really really want.. Just imaging it puts a smile on my face...

My fitness- I'm very flexible and very athletic... My best 100m timing is 11.76sec.. Physically, my body is way better than an average person.. I have started doing lots of hardcore yoga again.. Since I'm taking leg lengthening surgery very seriously now..

Why India ??
Well I live here.. plus I can't afford going any where else.. cost of leg lengthening in US 100000 $ means 6610000 rs (worth 14 years of my salary)... leg lengthening cost in india 1200000 rs means 18154 $ (worth 2.5 years of my salary, that's still a lot).. Also, you can find good/bad doctors anywhere...

Why hexapod fixator ??
no knee pain, doesn't require three surgeries.. less likely to get infection, adjustment can be made..
only drawback is you have to wear it for like a year.. means I can't go out for a year.. Since, I'm an animator.. and can do work from my home computer.. I think.. I can pull off a year without going out..

My worries ??
2.5 years ago.. I got a lil over confident.. I jumped over a car .. my adrenaline was pumping.. In the heat of the moment I tried back flip and tore ligament in my right knee.. I had my knee surgery 2 years ago.. my knee is not the same ever since.. I can still beat a average person, but not like before..
After the surgery.. all the doctors were surprised by my recovery rate.. usually people take 1-3 weeks before they can walk without any support.. but I was able to skip rope, walk on stairs only in 4 days..

I'm plannig my surgery in 2-5 months...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:23:14 PM by acedprtgs »

Alu

Re: tibia or femur lengthening
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »

Depends; femur for more (8 CM)

PatientZero

Re: Considering Tibial lengthening (7.5 cm) in a few months (in india)..
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:20:52 PM »

Had.. a very hard time.. reading this post.. full of anxiety...didn't bother reading... everything..

Not sure.. what you're looking...for.. validation.. from internet strangers?
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 10:19:04 PM »

You'll likely need to wear the frames for longer than a year. Wouldnt be out of the ordinary for you to have them on for 14-15 months for 7.5 cm.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 10:39:05 PM »

You'll likely need to wear the frames for longer than a year. Wouldnt be out of the ordinary for you to have them on for 14-15 months for 7.5 cm.

I read your diaries and all the info you have given.. Thank you for all of your help.. I'm really thankful... I have one question... I'm leaning towards Dr Manish Dhawan or should I meet any other doc too.. thank you again..

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »

Had.. a very hard time.. reading this post.. full of anxiety...didn't bother reading... everything..

Not sure.. what you're looking...for.. validation.. from internet strangers?

hahaha.. lol.. leg lengthening is something I can't talk about.. not with my friends or my family.. so, it's been eating me up.. I can't stop thinking about.. not all the people are same.. maybe you think I'm wasting others time.. It's fine with me.. You didn't read it.. may be other people think the same.. but it would have been much better for my little mind.. if you wouldn't have said so.. just thinking that somebody read it and knows what am i thinking and planning.. gives me comfort.. I totally know what were you feeling reading this junk.. May be I'm looking for that extra confidence.. somebody just saying.. "go for it"

aspirant185

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 11:25:51 PM »

Dont't do Tibia more than 5 cm...
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

Well, welcome to the forum.  You've found a bunch of like-minded people here who aren't happy with their height.  I hope LL gives you happiness and that you'll share your experience with us when you get the surgery.

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »

Dont't do Tibia more than 5 cm...

Right now, I'm considering 6 cm.. 5 cm just seem too low.. but I cannot argue about how safe 5 cm is...

acedprtgs

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »

Well, welcome to the forum.  You've found a bunch of like-minded people here who aren't happy with their height.  I hope LL gives you happiness and that you'll share your experience with us when you get the surgery.

Definitely, this is the only place where i'll be able to talk with people, and get their opinions.. Also, it might help someone if I do anything wrong..
Pages: [1]   Go Up