Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I determine an appropriate LL goal height?  (Read 3414 times)

ghost1

• Visitor
How do I determine an appropriate LL goal height?
« on: December 25, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »

Hey all, new member here from Australia.

I'm 18, just entering the adult world and have already seen the impact of height in terms of career professions and dating.
I seem to be ignored despite being intelligent, outgoing and ambitious. ugh. and have only just found out about LL. This surgical procedure is amazing in terms of medical science.
How do I find a suitable height to achieve. I see a lot of people talking about adding +3 to their femurs, +3 to tibias etc.
You would have to know a desired height in order to find these numbers. A lot of people on here talk about proportion and what height looks normal and is achievable.
I have a goal height of 5"10 (180cm) god willing 5"10.5. My mothers family is quite tall I would say 5"10 or 5"11 also, my mum however is short though she suffers from scoliosis. My father never knew him and he was adopteda too so no idea of his height. I feel as though my height was lost due to lack of nutrition most of my life. I only just started eating good now money starting coming in.

height: 170cm morning, 168-169 afternoon
is my goal height obtainable? reasonable or should I aim lower.

I can provide other length requirements just let me know what if that helps.
So far I am enjoying this forum it is really informative and there a lot of people who are tall here after LL and still have respect towards us shorties.

Alittletooshort

Re: How do I determine an appropriate LL goal height?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »

I'd advise you to lengthen 5-6cm's with an internal device. Being 175 isn't too bad I guess, more would probably affect your ability to do sports and your proportions will suffer as well.
You will probably not face any discrimination after your lengthening.
5'10 equals to 178 in the metric system not 180 btw  ;D.

PatientZero

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »

I'm 18, just entering the adult world and have already seen the impact of height in terms of career professions and dating.
I seem to be ignored despite being intelligent, outgoing and ambitious.

Hey man, this comment is typical of new users, especially with younger guys.

I see 18 year olds limited to administrative roles, retail, maybe some burger flipping. These are not real professions unless you are one of the extremely good looking international underwear models, which there seems to be many in this forum.

Plenty of 5'4 dudes on this this forum have enjoyed successful careers, and it has not hindered their progress in entry and mid level roles. Height is more important in managerial positions, something you probably don't have to worry about for another decade.

From what I'm reading, your issue is with confidence, not height. Gaining 10cm is not going to magically transform you from burger flipper to a lawyer. It will help you with the ladies, though, that I won't dispute.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

ghost1

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »

I'd advise you to lengthen 5-6cm's with an internal device. Being 175 isn't too bad I guess, more would probably affect your ability to do sports and your proportions will suffer as well.
You will probably not face any discrimination after your lengthening.
5'10 equals to 178 in the metric system not 180 btw  ;D.

Thanks for the advice in height lengths. I had just realized that I screwed up the conversion an hour after I posted this. 178cm is less to lengthen  ;)

Hey man, this comment is typical of new users, especially with younger guys.

I see 18 year olds limited to administrative roles, retail, maybe some burger flipping. These are not real professions unless you are one of the extremely good looking international underwear models, which there seems to be many in this forum.

Plenty of 5'4 dudes on this this forum have enjoyed successful careers, and it has not hindered their progress in entry and mid level roles. Height is more important in managerial positions, something you probably don't have to worry about for another decade.

From what I'm reading, your issue is with confidence, not height. Gaining 10cm is not going to magically transform you from burger flipper to a lawyer. It will help you with the ladies, though, that I won't dispute.

I have to admit that it is a confidence thing I have. I do typical hang out with people who are around 5"9 - 6 foot so I'm generally shorter than most people around me ultimately leaving m to feel emasculated aha. I do plan on achieving a managing role within the business industry sometime in my career, your response has opened my eyes a bit.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »

Confidence is far more important than height, I do agree on that. Being short does make things a lot more difficult though.
I used to take shorter people less serious before I discovered this forum. A lot of people will treat you worse simply due to your height, no matter how successful you are. Paying 40-50k for internals might be worth the money if it imroves your quality of living.
I can tell you that you will not have large issues at 175, I'm 178 and no one comments on my height, besided my family and some girls.

ghost1

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »

Confidence is far more important than height, I do agree on that. Being short does make things a lot more difficult though.
I used to take shorter people less serious before I discovered this forum. A lot of people will treat you worse simply due to your height, no matter how successful you are. Paying 40-50k for internals might be worth the money if it imroves your quality of living.
I can tell you that you will not have large issues at 175, I'm 178 and no one comments on my height, besided my family and some girls.

178cm is my desired height, id love to be 5"10-10.5

Peaceout

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

We are almost at the same age(im 19 in january).Well im not %100 sure for now if i will ever get this surgery but i surely want to be taller(like my other cousins..)(I'm 173).I dont want to spend rest of my life at this height.I was also aiming 180 just like you but im thinking about just 5 cm to reach 178 since my wingspan equal my height.(proportions important)I will go to university next year and i convinced myself to wait until i graduate.Actually even if i want to get this now i cant afford it atm(and probably my parents wont let me do this).Besides who knows what will happen in(university will take atleast 4-4.5 years) 4-5 years?I mean maybe there will be a better and easier way to do this?Im trying to look optimistic.Technology is moving very fast.And 170 is really not like you cant even live with this?Hell no.Just try to be more confident.Just search for shorter girls :)

Btw i just saw this guy on youtube,internet says he is 170 :D i really dont think he is having any problems with girls hehe :P

Madmax_01

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 06:56:35 PM »

Great song by the way!  :)

ghost1

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 04:37:48 AM »

speaking of technology I just read on ScienceAlert that they have created a foam that can repair degenerative bones? This could advance LL to an incredible level
here the link the the post http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-developed-an-injectable-foam-to-repair-degenerating-bones

Deads

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »

speaking of technology I just read on ScienceAlert that they have created a foam that can repair degenerative bones? This could advance LL to an incredible level
here the link the the post http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-developed-an-injectable-foam-to-repair-degenerating-bones

They already have drugs that can speed up bone recovery. Pain is more related to soft tissue stretching.

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 11:23:51 AM »

Paying 40-50k for internals might be worth the money if it imroves your quality of living.

I am also 178 and no one openly mentions that I am short or below average or things like that. Nevertheless, I ve seen facebook chats between girls talking to each other that I am not tall, which I know I am not, but just proves how important that is for girls :) I do realize that 178 can hardly be an excuse for not getting girls. Btw in my country there is a famous song glorifying 1.90 guys

Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up