Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You can't ever win can you?  (Read 3860 times)

ghost1

• Visitor
You can't ever win can you?
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:57:07 AM »

lil rant - seeing if others have the same problems

I'm 18 at 5'7, short enough to be off a lot of dating profiles and jobs but not as short as some of you blokes I've read about on here. I truly feel for you bros <3 .
What is the deal with all the controversy surrounding leg lengthening. It seems that if you decide to undergo the surgery you are made fun of for even considering about it. Yet if you are short you are made fun of and belittled. Women tend to have the biggest issue with men lengthening their bodies to gain and extra 3-4 inches. Yet they are the biggest reasons on why men do it, because women just don't notice men under the " 6 foot worthy of my time" stigma. I personally don't see any problem with undergoing LLS after all don't women get boob jobs which leave them in pain and bed ridden for 6 week - 3 months as well... ah double standards mixed with heightism.  I never had a problem with my height until i reached senior year of high school where I guess the social tolls and stigmas influence people.

Peaceout

Re: You can't ever win can you?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 07:41:59 AM »

Well i agree most of it.I didnt have any problems with my height until last year and i thought like something was wrong.And now i just keep thinking i dont deserve this.And you really shouldnt compare LL with other plastic/cosmetic surgeries.This is like at the top in all of them.I mean breaking your legs and stretching your bones ,tendons..Wasting your time,money.Suffering pain and maybe having permanent issues,who knows?Imagine how crazy is this. Of course you can have perfect time with LL maybe but there will be risks.And people will keep geting this surgery until they find a better/easier alternative because yes Height matters alot...  :-\

programdude

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »

The thing most people don't get, is if they are close to average height and do LL, most people won't recognize you got LL, so why does it matter that people would ridicule you?
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »

Short height isn't effecting you getting a job,   economy, lack of direction or motivation, lack of experience are the reasons not your height..

Most of the blokes on here are way under average and very well off to be able to afford 100k on surgery.. So height obviously doesn't effect work..

As for woman.. The average woman in my country is 5ft6 so a good percentage is less then that.. Meaning your the same size or slightly taller therefore your height isn't an issue.. Your in the main proportion of the population.

Extremes of height are often the measure.. Being 5ft1 may make it hard to find someone a good similar height.. I myself am 6ft7 and intimidate most girls so need to find a girl around the 6ft mark which isn't that easy..

Confidence is the main issues not height.. Especially at 5ft8 ish

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »

For me girls don't play a role at all when considering LL. What really annoys me is the fact that I'm usually among the shorter guys when being in a large group.
Most girls I met never really paid a lot of attention to a guys height, so as long as you are taller than them it shoudln't be too big of a deal.
My ex-gf's current bf is shorter than her by more then 3 cm's. She's 1,78 and he is probably below 1,75. He seems like a confident guy who never struggled with his height, so being short doesn't automatically mean having no success with girls.

ghost1

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 10:11:57 AM »

I hate being the shortest within a group of mates or crowd. I would love to be at their level.

LookingAround

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 10:05:37 PM »

There's this twilight zone episode where all people are transferred into perfect bodies when they are 16.  I really liked that concept.  I think its unbelievable how much attraction and success and friendship are based on appearance.  Of course, I'm not saying that being short makes you unattractive by definition.  In fact, in my experience many short people make up for it by being in good shape and dressing well.
Current Height: 177 CM
Desired Height: 181-182 CM

DoingItForMe

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:50:14 PM »

I never had a problem with my height until i reached senior year of high school where I guess the social tolls and stigmas influence people.
First of all, 5'7" isn't that bad at all, so the people making fun of your height must be really really picky. I'm not saying that you won't feel the same thing we do, but I'm saying that at 5'7", you shouldn't have that much problem getting dates. Look around you. Look how many people at your height have dates. If only 6' guys have dates, then 80-90% of the world wouldn't have dates. That makes no sense. 5'7" guys can get dates, too.

Secondly, yes, you CAN win. You can win by living your life the way you want to live without caring about what others think of you. In high school, a lot of young people care about social status and what not. But as you get older, you stop caring as much. For example, I could care less about what my former high school friends think of me now. They live their own lives, I live my own life. What they think of me has no effect on the way I live. "Dance like nobody's watching" doesn't just apply to dancing. Live your life like nobody's watching.

Thirdly, sure you can probably get more dates and hook ups if you were taller. There's many studies that show that. But is that really the definition of happiness? To sleep with as many women as possible? I know many good looking people who did that in their 20s. It gets boring after a while. It feels empty. At the end of the binge-sex, what they really seek is someone to feel comfortable with and fall in love with. Ever watch "How I Met Your Mother"? Even Barney, the womanizer, eventually settles down after having a kid. So yes, being taller will probably get you laid more. But what would be even more satisfying is if you find that one person who likes you even if you're 5'7". And then you'd put all this LL crap behind you and not care. Unless, of course, you suffer from height neurosis like I did. Then yea... LL or therapy might be the best option, because they're the only options.

And finally, there's more to life than just physical appearance. As Derek Zoolander said, "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking." It doesn't seem that way when you're a teenager, where physical appearance is like your main way of expressing yourself. But when you get other talents and, who knows, become a top-level boss, then nobody cares what you look like. You'll still be the man. Look at Bill Gates. He's like the opposite of what a male model should look like. But do you think he gives a crap about what he looks like? He doesn't even wear contacts! No, he's the boss and he knows it. That's how you win. You win at life in every other category to the point where your height is not important.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

blahblah

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 02:54:46 AM »

DIFM, I was not going to comment, but this is by far the best explanation of REAL life wisdom I have seen. You should only do LL only and only if you are doing it for yourself. No one else will even care since they are worried about their own insecurities.

First of all, 5'7" isn't that bad at all, so the people making fun of your height must be really really picky. I'm not saying that you won't feel the same thing we do, but I'm saying that at 5'7", you shouldn't have that much problem getting dates. Look around you. Look how many people at your height have dates. If only 6' guys have dates, then 80-90% of the world wouldn't have dates. That makes no sense. 5'7" guys can get dates, too.

Secondly, yes, you CAN win. You can win by living your life the way you want to live without caring about what others think of you. In high school, a lot of young people care about social status and what not. But as you get older, you stop caring as much. For example, I could care less about what my former high school friends think of me now. They live their own lives, I live my own life. What they think of me has no effect on the way I live. "Dance like nobody's watching" doesn't just apply to dancing. Live your life like nobody's watching.

Thirdly, sure you can probably get more dates and hook ups if you were taller. There's many studies that show that. But is that really the definition of happiness? To sleep with as many women as possible? I know many good looking people who did that in their 20s. It gets boring after a while. It feels empty. At the end of the binge-sex, what they really seek is someone to feel comfortable with and fall in love with. Ever watch "How I Met Your Mother"? Even Barney, the womanizer, eventually settles down after having a kid. So yes, being taller will probably get you laid more. But what would be even more satisfying is if you find that one person who likes you even if you're 5'7". And then you'd put all this LL crap behind you and not care. Unless, of course, you suffer from height neurosis like I did. Then yea... LL or therapy might be the best option, because they're the only options.

And finally, there's more to life than just physical appearance. As Derek Zoolander said, "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking." It doesn't seem that way when you're a teenager, where physical appearance is like your main way of expressing yourself. But when you get other talents and, who knows, become a top-level boss, then nobody cares what you look like. You'll still be the man. Look at Bill Gates. He's like the opposite of what a male model should look like. But do you think he gives a crap about what he looks like? He doesn't even wear contacts! No, he's the boss and he knows it. That's how you win. You win at life in every other category to the point where your height is not important.

AM_R

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:35 AM »

You'll pass and win eventually if you're willing to. Don't worry about it ;)

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »

does that mean you wanna go for a surgery sooner? 5.7 is still a good height, I am 5.4 and male and it real sucks! :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up