Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian internal fixation?  (Read 2499 times)

spyratoss

Russian internal fixation?
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »

Do any of the clinics in Russia do internal femurs?  It doesn't seem like it. Sorry, I'm newbie

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Russian internal fixation?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:23:58 AM »

You're correct, internal femurs is not offered in Russia.

spyratoss

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »

Thanks. Too bad.

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »

They do LON and LATN though. Something much cheaper and pretty much the same thing. Considering the current ruble price, you can probably get it 10 times cheaper than pure internal options. You'll just suffer greatly during the distraction process, but then externals will be removed and you'll be ok. And if you do one leg at a time, it won't be a problem at all.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

spyratoss

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 01:55:16 AM »

Ouch, as in suffer the pain?  Also, do those techniques take longer to distraction?  Thanks.

Overdozer

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »

Ouch, as in suffer the pain?  Also, do those techniques take longer to distraction?  Thanks.

The pain is much worse than in tibia. At least in my case. But pain isn't the main problem, remember that the frames are circular, so imagine how you'll do regular things, like walking, taking a crap, etc. It wasn't fun for me with just one frame. But yea it can be done. And no they don't take any longer.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

spyratoss

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 05:16:14 PM »

Thanks.  Lots to think about

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 03:06:59 AM »

Russia doesn't offer internal fixation. I suggest you to go to China or India for cheapest surgery costs if you are on a budget right now. thanks

ub40

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 03:51:32 AM »

They do LON and LATN though. Something much cheaper and pretty much the same thing. Considering the current ruble price, you can probably get it 10 times cheaper than pure internal options. You'll just suffer greatly during the distraction process, but then externals will be removed and you'll be ok. And if you do one leg at a time, it won't be a problem at all.

If they were the same thing, then why are people willing to pay 50k+ for internals?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

Overdozer

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 05:02:09 AM »

If they were the same thing, then why are people willing to pay 50k+ for internals?
I guess they believe that "if it's more expensive it must be better", plus internal methods are overhyped on these forums. Also, internals offer more comfort for the duration of the lengthening - that's all I can think of. You know what's the actual difference between LON and 'pure external methods'? The later use the same stick, but with the ability to self-distract (they can lengthen themselves through various mechanisms). That's it. That stick costs more (much more) to produce - thus you pay more - and also Drs working with them are expensive. Instead, say for LON, the lengthening functionality is on externals. After you've lengthened what you wanted, externals then are removed and you're left with the same stick to consolidate. But you pay 5 to 10 times less! Sounds great, right? But maybe I don't know something.

ub40

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 05:35:17 AM »

Well I'm a newbie so thanks for the clarification. So in that case are there going to be Knee issues with Internals, LON or LATN?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating
Pages: [1]   Go Up