Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woman's account  (Read 5530 times)

Deads

Woman's account
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »

So I stumbled across this little exerpt on google. I initially tried looking up pictures of 5"6 people standing beside 5"8 people and came across a discussion instead... It was a discussion where girls were asking guys if they felt short at 5"6-5"8. One of the women gave her opinion and I thought for all the guys stressing about statistics (regarding girls) that this would give you some perspective from a lady's point of view. Let's disregard the fact that I have already given a similar account myself and hope that because it's coming from a girl that it holds more value.

Her account;

"My boyfriend is 5'6" and I love his height, 5'6" to 5'8" is actually my ideal range. I'm only 5'3" and I like being with a guy who's a little taller than I am but not so tall that I have to strain my neck to look them in the eye or kiss them. I think most guys 5'6" and over shouldn't have many problems dating because most girls just want a guy who's taller than they are and most girls are under 5'5." Once you start dropping below 5'5" I imagine it would start getting harder and harder to find girls who will like your height. It's not hopeless though, there are still plenty of girls below that height and even some girls who don't mind a shorter guy. Confidence is key too, if a guy is 5'6" and perfectly comfortable and confident about his height then he can still be very sexy. But if he's really insecure because of his height then that's only going to make things worse."

Penguinn

Re: Woman's account
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »

I'm a guy and I think if you're taller than most girls, you shouldn't worry about height while dating. Especially for the 5'8 and above guys.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:42:14 PM »

I´ve made the experience that the shorter the girl the more they care about the guys height. My ex-gf was 5´10 and she always said that tall guys are not attractive in her oppinion. A lot of tall girls I know are like that, they are happy if their bf is not shorter than them but he does not have to be any taller either.
A couple of weeks ago I´ve started dating a girl who is probably around 160 but she claims to be 165. She always tells me that she thinks I´m good looking but short. Yesterday she said that she woudln´t date any guy below 175 and hat I bearly make it across the line at 178. Personally I think that 178 is on the lower end of average but no one has ever called me short before.
I don´t mind these comments because I got over my height neurosis, but it´s still quit offending especially to shorter guys.
So to sum it up, my experience is quite the opposite.

Cartman

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »

About 90 % of women tell that they just want a man taller than them (almost never a shorter one), not a strictly tall man, so if you are taller than the majority of women you'll probably be fine for a dating.
Just remember: height is not everything in a man/woman... and I personally know men which are tall, yes, but still considered unattractive because they are ugly, or fat, or too thin: attractiveness is a mix of all your physical features, but height is important, we know it...

ouroboros

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 03:45:52 AM »

I don't know if it's healthy for me to think this way, but ever since I became involved in this height "sh!t show", I am now mostly attracted to taller women.  One night stands/drunk hook ups aside, I would probably chose the taller girl over the short one, even if the shorter one is a bit hotter.

I'm trying to figure out why this is, because I normally always went for the shorter girls....I think it might be me unconsciously wanting taller offspring (since no-one in my immediate family is over 5'10") or maybe I feel more confident being able to handle a taller girl after LL.

I used to date a girl that was an inch taller, and every time I went to her house, her entire family (including teenage brothers) were taller than me, and it made me feel like I was carrying a contagious disease and her family didn't want their princess to catch it.  After that, I only dated shorter girls...........I hate having issues   

Deads

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »

I think it might be me unconsciously wanting taller offspring

Haha, omg Ouroboros. Some of the things you come out with.... Wouldn't want to put your children through the pain of having  ty genetics now.

ouroboros

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »

Haha, omg Ouroboros. Some of the things you come out with.... Wouldn't want to put your children through the pain of having crapty genetics now.

Yeah, I agree it sounds ridiculous to say things like this, but I believe that this is one of the main underlying reasons why girls prefer taller guys, specially the really short girls.

LookingAround

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »

I think dating is a zero sum game.  Yes, women may say they want a guy who is just taller than them.  But wouldn't they rather have a guy who is also taller than them in heels?  And, when that guy is standing in a room of guys, wouldn't they rather he was the tallest or at least not the shortest?

The answer to these questions is undoubtedly yes.  Of course, she might also prefer that their guy is the smartest or funniest guy in the room.  She might also want a deep voice or green eyes.  Regardless, height is almost always a top factor for women.  Thus, in the dating region alone, the LL surgery can make economic sense by making a guy who is a 6 out of 10 into a 7 or a 3 to a 4 or an 8 to a 10 and thus allow him to secure the attraction and / or relations of a more attractive female than he would otherwise have access to.
Current Height: 177 CM
Desired Height: 181-182 CM

Deads

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »

I think dating is a zero sum game.  Yes, women may say they want a guy who is just taller than them.  But wouldn't they rather have a guy who is also taller than them in heels?  And, when that guy is standing in a room of guys, wouldn't they rather he was the tallest or at least not the shortest?

The answer to these questions is undoubtedly yes.  Of course, she might also prefer that their guy is the smartest or funniest guy in the room.  She might also want a deep voice or green eyes.  Regardless, height is almost always a top factor for women.  Thus, in the dating region alone, the LL surgery can make economic sense by making a guy who is a 6 out of 10 into a 7 or a 3 to a 4 or an 8 to a 10 and thus allow him to secure the attraction and / or relations of a more attractive female than he would otherwise have access to.

Agree that increasing height will increase attraction somewhat..... But I disagree with everything else you said. Not all women are that superficial.

aspirant185

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »

I think it actually makes sense that taller girls are less picky of height because they have less of a choice. a 180 cm girl would simply say she needs a guy who is taller than her , which is 181-2, which is obviously well above the average so she is happy with that. However, a girl at 170 (who is also taller than most girls) would also like a guy that is 182-3 so that he is taller when she wears 8-9 cm heels.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »

my research showed me that 1/3 of women don't care about height. I know this has to be true because I've dated many of them when I was 5'5"-5'6". And I also see short guys with dates. So while it's true that a majority of women like a taller guy, it is not always the case. And that is why trying to get dates should not be the primary reason for getting this surgery. The pay off for being able to date superficial women who prefer taller guys is not worth it. Let the taller guys have the superficial girls. I rather have the girl who likes me for me. If a relationship hinges on just several inches of your height, then that relationship doesn't have much substance to begin with. I mean look at the flip side. Say you like girls with C cup breasts. Then a B cup comes by and she's amazing in every way. Are you going to be like, "Nah, I only date C cup girls".
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Deads

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »

my research showed me that 1/3 of women don't care about height. I know this has to be true because I've dated many of them when I was 5'5"-5'6". And I also see short guys with dates. So while it's true that a majority of women like a taller guy, it is not always the case. And that is why trying to get dates should not be the primary reason for getting this surgery. The pay off for being able to date superficial women who prefer taller guys is not worth it. Let the taller guys have the superficial girls. I rather have the girl who likes me for me. If a relationship hinges on just several inches of your height, then that relationship doesn't have much substance to begin with. I mean look at the flip side. Say you like girls with C cup breasts. Then a B cup comes by and she's amazing in every way. Are you going to be like, "Nah, I only date C cup girls".

Ahhh DIFM always knows what to say.

PatientZero

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »

my research showed me that 1/3 of women don't care about height. I know this has to be true because I've dated many of them when I was 5'5"-5'6". And I also see short guys with dates. So while it's true that a majority of women like a taller guy, it is not always the case.

Hey man, I know you pulled that statistic right out of your ass, but I agree with your comments.

There's a lot of self-defeating and misogynistic comments on this forum, especially from dudes who think a few inches will solve all their problems with women. After meeting LL'ers and seeing large amounts of bull  on both forums, I think many patients are lacking in several categories, not just height.

Women would forgive dudes for being average height, but not for being socially inept, perpetually negative, and still flipping burgers.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Deads

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »

Hey man, I know you pulled that statistic right out of your ass, but I agree with your comments.

There's a lot of self-defeating and misogynistic comments on this forum, especially from dudes who think a few inches will solve all their problems with women. After meeting LL'ers and seeing large amounts of bullcrap on both forums, I think many patients are lacking in several categories, not just height.

Women would forgive dudes for being average height, but not for being socially inept, perpetually negative, and still flipping burgers.

**Applause**

Take a bow PZ.... From now on, I will merely cut and paste this comment when required. Too many people with this attitude to keep up with.

spaghetti743

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »

In the last few months i've been only attracted to tall women. I can not even consider short women anymore it must be some subconscious thoughts or something.

Deads

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »

In the last few months i've been only attracted to tall women. I can not even consider short women anymore it must be some subconscious thoughts or something.

I love short women!

Alu

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 05:11:49 PM »

There are certain times when I want to call out people on their bull /flawed logic but it would be way to tiring to say the least.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »

I didn't. I researched this topic several times because of how many people say that they want to do LL to get women. Here's a 2014 study from Rice University that says that only 55% of women wanted to only date men taller than they are:

The second part of the study included 54 male (average height of 5 feet 9 inches) and 131 female volunteers (average height of 5 feet 4 inches) recruited from a U.S. university. The participants answered open-ended questions in an online survey. The findings were similar to the first part of the study: 37 percent of male respondents wanted to date only women shorter than they are, while 55 percent of female respondents wanted to date only men taller than they are.

According to the study data, the dominant reasons females cited for preferring a tall partner are matters of protection and femininity.

“As the girl, I like to feel delicate and secure at the same time,” said a woman in the study who is 5 feet 3 inches tall. “Something just feels weird in thinking about looking ‘down’ into my man’s eyes. There is also something to be said about being able to wear shoes with high heels and still being shorter. I also want to be able to hug him with my arms reaching up and around his neck.”
- See more at: http://news.rice.edu/2014/02/10/is-height-important-in-matters-of-the-heart-new-study-says-yes/#sthash.K4JemK4W.dpuf

In this study: http://jezebel.com/5979641/why-are-people-still-hung-up-on-height-in-relationships it shows that only 3.8% of couples are the males shorter than the women. But most of that can be explained by the fact that the average male is taller than the average female. If left to chance, only 7.8% of wives should be taller than their husbands. So in reality, only about half of the women are actively preferring to date a taller guy over a shorter guy. The other half makes up the 3.8%.

But even with those statistics, a lot of short guys here are still the same height or taller than a lot of girls. For example, a 5'5" guy is still taller than the average woman, so he's still taller than 50% of the women. That's still a pretty large dating pool.

If the surgery were cheaper, and safer, and didn't give you so much downtime, I would say to everyone, "Go do it!" There are advantages to being taller. Your dating pool might go from 50% of women to 80% of women. I'm not denying that fact. But I AM sitting here with a lot of pain in my legs and still unable to walk properly 6 months after my surgery. No girl is worth this much pain and suffering. Especially when there's the other half of the women who are willing to date me. It's not like the surgery is the difference between being alone forever and not being alone forever. It's only the difference between whether that one particular girl who happens to be taller than you would date you or not. And unless taller girls are somehow that much better than a shorter girl, then I don't see how that taller girl is worth all this trouble and money. Personally I find average height or shorter girls to be cuter.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up