Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The aftermath  (Read 9606 times)

Deads

Re: The aftermath
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »

Sounds like an interesting story. Thanks for the input, mate! I should write down 3-4 background stories and let them poll on the forum. Then chose the one with the most votes  ;)

Just play dumb

Person 1; are you taller???
You; I dunno ;) am I.

You'll look taller, but you'll make people doubt themselves/question their judgement.. Some people will flat out know that you're taller, but that's a good thing. Just keep playing dumb. No one can prove s**t.. I honestly don't see the negative aspect in this, but people seem VERY concerned about what others think in this regard. I don't condone lying though. It shows a weak character.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2015, 11:20:42 PM »

Just play dumb

Person 1; are you taller???
You; I dunno ;) am I.

You'll look taller, but you'll make people doubt themselves/question their judgement.. Some people will flat out know that you're taller, but that's a good thing. Just keep playing dumb. No one can prove s**t.. I honestly don't see the negative aspect in this, but people seem VERY concerned about what others think in this regard. I don't condone lying though. It shows a weak character.
I'm sure that a lot of people won't really think about it if you tell them you've always been that tall. It gets problematic however, when the other person was your height or slightly taller. So for me every guy who is 180, was taller before the surgery and will be shorter afterwards.
I'll probably tell them that I had a serious accident an that they strechted the bones a little (2cm's) to get them back into a straight position. For the first months I'll wear flat shoes and in addition to this I say that I have to wear lifts because of that accident. So in the end a 5cm gain could hopefully be covered by using this method.

Madmax_01

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »

I'm sure that a lot of people won't really think about it if you tell them you've always been that tall. It gets problematic however, when the other person was your height or slightly taller. So for me every guy who is 180, was taller before the surgery and will be shorter afterwards.
I'll probably tell them that I had a serious accident an that they strechted the bones a little (2cm's) to get them back into a straight position. For the first months I'll wear flat shoes and in addition to this I say that I have to wear lifts because of that accident. So in the end a 5cm gain could hopefully be covered by using this method.

Yea, that is something for example that would not work for me, because I am exactly on that edge. :) Especially with the girl friends in my community. Most of them are an inch or two taller than me, though I wear heels. So, I definetly had to come up with something. But with a combination of: easing people in with wearing more heels before surgery, and wearing completely flat shoes after surgery it might work  :)
But I think your recovery influences your "cover story". If you have to walk in crutches, one would something different than walking "normal". But your idea with the "bone stretch" is quite a good idea. Maybe the LL doctor could supply us with some fake x-rays, and medical results - your cover story should be included in the price  ;D
All in all: I think the most important is that the patient recovers from this surgery - both physically and mentally.

Madmax_01

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 01:10:04 AM »

Does anyone know how long the surgery takes for the removal of the nails. I got a an E-mail where it was stated it would take 4-5 hours. How is that possible?  ???

DoingItForMe

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 01:30:51 AM »

Does anyone know how long the surgery takes for the removal of the nails. I got a an E-mail where it was stated it would take 4-5 hours. How is that possible?  ???
the surgery for inserting the rod takes about that long so I don't see why removal would take that much longer than that.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Shortguy123

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2015, 03:01:37 AM »

Does anyone now how long it takes until you can return home post operation

DoingItForMe

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »

you can technically go home anytime as long as you hire a physical therapist at your home who knows what they're doing. But it isn't recommended to go home until after your lengthening, which you should assume will be around 3 months.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »

In China you have to stay for two weeks.  Not sure about other places.

Madmax_01

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 02:42:16 AM »

Does anyone know any recovery stories like ShyShy? Are there any other cases like this, where the patient could w/o crutches 1 weeks post-lenghtening ?

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »

Does anyone know any recovery stories like ShyShy? Are there any other cases like this, where the patient could w/o crutches 1 weeks post-lenghtening ?
I could. But only short distances, and it was hard and painful. Also, walking does not look good (penguin-style). Moreover, big danger of breaking the nail or the screws if you do too much of this...

Madmax_01

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 12:57:51 PM »

I could. But only short distances, and it was hard and painful. Also, walking does not look good (penguin-style). Moreover, big danger of breaking the nail or the screws if you do too much of this...

I see. ShyShy's recovery really seems to be exceptional.
How much did you lenghten and how long did it take you to walk freely w/o crutches?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up