Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I cant handle this..  (Read 3152 times)

Peaceout

I cant handle this..
« on: December 21, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »

Its just destroying me inside.Maybe im not that short and im around average in my country but its just devestating for me.Im 173 and my father is 181 and brother is 180 and im like shorter than all of my male cousins (which is %70-80 reason of my height neurosis) i just cant fcking accept it.What did i do wrong why am i being punished like this i keep asking these questions to myself.Even younger male cousins are taller than me which hurts a lot.One of my cousin's parents are shorter than mine and look what he is younger than me and alredy 5'11 ah really awesome! I didnt ask much from this world i was never a greedy kid (im 19 now) i just wanted to reach a good height like all of my cousins.Ah im so depressed for weeks.I will see a therapist this week i dont know if it will help or not..
And its god dam 2016 alredy scientists just find a way to reopen the growth plates omg!..

Deads

Re: I cant handle this..
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 12:15:43 PM »

Its just destroying me inside.Maybe im not that short and im around average in my country but its just devestating for me.Im 173 and my father is 181 and brother is 180 and im like shorter than all of my male cousins (which is %70-80 reason of my height neurosis) i just cant fcking accept it.What did i do wrong why am i being punished like this i keep asking these questions to myself.Even younger male cousins are taller than me which hurts a lot.One of my cousin's parents are shorter than mine and look what he is younger than me and alredy 5'11 ah really awesome! I didnt ask much from this world i was never a greedy kid (im 19 now) i just wanted to reach a good height like all of my cousins.Ah im so depressed for weeks.I will see a therapist this week i dont know if it will help or not..
And its god dam 2016 alredy scientists just find a way to reopen the growth plates omg!..

Settle peddle.

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:21:20 PM »

Calm down. It's not the end of the world.. Being tall isn't all it's cracked upto be.. It's harder to build muscle so getting ripped is more work.. And your hardly short.. Most girls are shorter then you are..

Madmax_01

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 02:00:34 PM »

The same thing cracked me up as well. All of my cousins are taller than me, about 10-15 cm, and all of them have fathers with a shorter stature than my father, which really made me devasted. But hey, I'm just 1,62, and I would figuratively kill for a 1,73m.   :)

programdude

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »

Its silly to let taller family get to you. After LL, even when someone looms over me I have had total peace of mind, including one cousin who has an inch on me, and an uncle who has about 2.

Now if you are 5 ft tall and your family is 6 ft then sure, but otherwise its a little ridiculous.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

DoingItForMe

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »

There's almost nothing that your taller cousins can do that you can't do at your height. So why be envious of their height? Picture how cramped they will be in airplane seats. If there's one thing I'd be envious of, it'd be wealth. Now, that's a trait that means the difference between things you can or cannot do. Height on the other hand never stopped me from reaching my goals.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Madmax_01

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »

There's almost nothing that your taller cousins can do that you can't do at your height. So why be envious of their height? Picture how cramped they will be in airplane seats. If there's one thing I'd be envious of, it'd be wealth. Now, that's a trait that means the difference between things you can or cannot do. Height on the other hand never stopped me from reaching my goals.

What was your motivation then to do LL?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »

What was your motivation then to do LL?
I have achieved everything in life already. Multi-millionaire. Beautiful and amazing girlfriend of several years. Big mansions, nice cars, yachts, and jets. Very well respected by my peers. I had it all. I ran out of things to improve about myself. My height was the only thing that was below average. I'd say the benefit of LL was not worth the time and price I paid for it. But I've reached that point where there wasn't really much else for me to do to improve myself.

If any of you guys played MMORPGs, then my life was like I already beat the game already. And now I'm spending months of my life grinding for the last final weapon/armor that improves my character only very slightly. Was it worth it compared to everything else that I achieved and sacrificed? No. There were many other easier to achieve things in my life that causes significant improvements to my overall happiness. Wealth was one of them, probably the biggest one. Getting fit from working out was another. Improving my personality so I'd be more friendly and considerate to others was another.

When it comes to height, I'd say that it's the problem of "the grass is greener on the other side". You THINK that life would be much greater if you were taller. But in reality, it isn't all THAT great. Just slightly better. Now, if it was the matter of whether a tall or superficial girl would date you or not, then it matters significantly. But tall or superficial girl isn't THAT much better than a short girl who doesn't care about your height. From my experience, the ones who aren't superficial tend to be better people for dating.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Peaceout

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 06:47:05 PM »

Height on the other hand never stopped me from reaching my goals.
That is a good perspective and thats what i am trying to do but im not really strong enough mentally/emotionally maybe im just young maybe im not mature.I hope someday i can end this pain.Im hoping for this

Deads

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 07:04:12 PM »

I have achieved everything in life already. Multi-millionaire. Beautiful and amazing girlfriend of several years. Big mansions, nice cars, yachts, and jets. Very well respected by my peers. I had it all. I ran out of things to improve about myself. My height was the only thing that was below average. I'd say the benefit of LL was not worth the time and price I paid for it. But I've reached that point where there wasn't really much else for me to do to improve myself.

If any of you guys played MMORPGs, then my life was like I already beat the game already. And now I'm spending months of my life grinding for the last final weapon/armor that improves my character only very slightly. Was it worth it compared to everything else that I achieved and sacrificed? No. There were many other easier to achieve things in my life that causes significant improvements to my overall happiness. Wealth was one of them, probably the biggest one. Getting fit from working out was another. Improving my personality so I'd be more friendly and considerate to others was another.

When it comes to height, I'd say that it's the problem of "the grass is greener on the other side". You THINK that life would be much greater if you were taller. But in reality, it isn't all THAT great. Just slightly better. Now, if it was the matter of whether a tall or superficial girl would date you or not, then it matters significantly. But tall or superficial girl isn't THAT much better than a short girl who doesn't care about your height. From my experience, the ones who aren't superficial tend to be better people for dating.

Wow DIFM. The most inspirational thing I have read on this forum to date... Thankyou.

ouroboros

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 08:42:15 PM »

If any of you guys played MMORPGs, then my life was like I already beat the game already. And now I'm spending months of my life grinding for the last final weapon/armor that improves my character only very slightly.

I had this same revelation the first time I finished playing my first PC RPG, and made me realize that life is just like that.  You can have a lot of money and no matter how fast you spend it, it just keeps multiplying faster, and eventually you don't find the game as exciting.  I decided to focus less on making money and more on actually being happy.   My favorite role model for success is Richard Branson, who is successful, but also has the time to "play a lot".   

This surgery is not going to solve every short guy's problems here, but it should allow most of us to play at a higher level hopefully.   Quite frankly, I am tired of playing at my current level in life because of the limitations I'm faced with from time to time due to height discrimination, and want to know what is "behind the curtain".

DoingItForMe has great wisdom and an interesting perspective to look at LL compared most of us
Pages: [1]   Go Up