Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering 4 cm femur, what to expect?  (Read 19676 times)

Alittletooshort

Re: Considering 4 cm femur, what to expect?
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 09:34:18 PM »

I am also considering surgery with Dr. Guichet, and I would like to start stretching as soon as possible. So, does anyone has anyone worked out a good plan for this?
I am also undecided about the issue of training my thighs, because I have read on the forum, that too much muscle mass over your femur bones might not be good for the lenghtening process. Just to give you a quick fact check: I'm 5'4'', 138 lbs, and I can easily do 100 lbs on the leg press, and/or 50 lbs on the leg extension machine (for femur muscles).
Would be very glad if you could give me feedback on that. Thank you very much in advance!

PS: Wish you all the best for 2016!
I think that Guichet has a different method than other doctors since he actually wants the patient to have strong legs prior to the surgery but that´s just what I´ve heard, I may be wrong.
45kg for leg press is really not much though. My upper limit is 320-340ks´s on the inclined leg press and a bit over 200kg´s on the flat leg press and I´m not a buffed guy by any means. You should at least be able to do 140kgs on the flat leg press if you work out regularly.

Madmax_01

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »

45kg for leg press is really not much though. My upper limit is 320-340ks´s on the inclined leg press and a bit over 200kg´s on the flat leg press and I´m not a buffed guy by any means. You should at least be able to do 140kgs on the flat leg press if you work out regularly.

@Madmax,

To be honest, 100 lbs (45kg) is not impressive. I ve seen regular (not bodybuilding) girls doing that exercise with 50kg. ShyShy reported 200lbs (90kg) AFTER the surgery. You have a lot to work on :) Good luck

Got back from the gym, tried the leg press with 150 lbs and could barely push it. (by the way: The machine has a 240 lbs limit). It is going to be a heavy road.
Thanks for the reality check, guys!  :)

PS: 320-340 kg's sounds like a lot by the way. I don't even think that the inclined leg press in our gym could handle such amounts. Are you sure you ment kg's ?

Deads

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 11:39:26 PM »

Got back from the gym, tried the leg press with 150 lbs and could barely push it. (by the way: The machine has a 240 lbs limit). It is going to be a heavy road.

PS: 320-340 kg's sounds like a lot by the way. I don't even think that the inclined leg press in our gym could handle such amounts. Are you sure you ment kg's ?

Leg press machines should be able to fit like 7-10 25kg plates on either side.. My gym does anyway.. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the leg extension? ... Or maybe the hack squat (those are difficult.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:46 PM »

I´m 100% sure (about the wheights and the kg´s), I don´t know if we are talking about the same machine but it looks exactly like the ones you get when googeling "inclined leg press". A lot of guys can do much more than me on this machine, and I´m sure that the machine can handle this wheight without collapsing  ;D
The flat leg press machine in my gym has a wheight limit of 260kg´s. 240lbs doesn´t seem like a decent machine imo because all of my friends who work out can do more than that.
My max squat wheight is about 130-135kg´s (including the bar) btw, I can only go ass to grass with about 100kg´s  though.

Deads

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2016, 11:55:29 PM »

I´m 100% sure (about the wheights and the kg´s), I don´t know if we are talking about the same machine but it looks exactly like the ones you get when googeling "inclined leg press". A lot of guys can do much more than me on this machine, and I´m sure that the machine can handle this wheight without collapsing  ;D
The flat leg press machine in my gym has a wheight limit of 260kg´s. 240lbs doesn´t seem like a decent machine imo because all of my friends who work out can do more than that.
My max squat wheight is about 130-135kg´s (including the bar) btw, I can only go ass to grass with about 100kg´s  though.

I wasn't questioning you ALTS. I think Madmax might have his machines mixed up.

axelf

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 11:56:04 PM »

I don't know what's the benefit of having strong and muscular legs before and during leg lengthening. I'd say flexibility is the most important thing and that's compromised if you work out your legs with weight training.

yes guichet says that....but three doctors I have talked to (Monegal, Birkholtz, Betz) plus Betz's PT say it's not good to have very muscular legs. The more muscle you have the harder it's to stretch.

aspirant185

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »

No, 320-340 kg is a lot but definitely doable for somebody who trains a lot and perhaps takes supplements such as protein shakes and creatin. I know a guy from my gym who placed 520 kg weights in the maschine and there was no place for more weights so he asked a girl to sit over the weights to add 40-50 kg more :D This guy was on steroids btw but 320-40 is possible.
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Deads

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 12:21:23 AM »

I don't know what's the benefit of having strong and muscular legs before and during leg lengthening. I'd say flexibility is the most important thing and that's compromised if you work out your legs with weight training.

yes guichet says that....but three doctors I have talked to (Monegal, Birkholtz, Betz) plus Betz's PT say it's not good to have very muscular legs. The more muscle you have the harder it's to stretch.

I don't know if you go to the gym.. But have you ever missed the gym for several weeks, but then go back and have a ripper workout? I mean you really smash yourself? After just a couple of weeks your muscles become lazy and sensitised to stress.. Let's say you worked your legs. 24-48 hours later you will barely be able to walk. I mean, you'll be in so much pain that you'll struggle to squat onto the toilet.

If you maintain your strength, endurance AND flexibility, your muscles will become used to the stress. They will be desensitised from the trauma.. If you go into your surgery with your legs in peak condition, they'll be less susceptible to pain because they're already put under constant stress. Why do you think that Guichet's patients are able to lengthen so fast compared to patients of other doctors.. If you have a regular Joe going into surgery without the proper preparation, they're going to experience more pain, more issues with stretching of the soft tissues and have a much harder and longer journey in general.

It makes perfect, logical sense why you should prepare for the surgery.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »

No, 320-340 kg is a lot but definitely doable for somebody who trains a lot and perhaps takes supplements such as protein shakes and creatin. I know a guy from my gym who placed 520 kg weights in the maschine and there was no place for more weights so he asked a girl to sit over the weights to add 40-50 kg more :D This guy was on steroids btw but 320-40 is possible.
Good guess, I started taking both after deciding to gain some mass (went from 66 to 76kg´s)  ;D. Gaining some mass is definitely not as helpful as LL but it improves your situation when feeling short. 
Edit:
I meant lean mass ofc, getting fat won´t help I guess  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:26:48 PM by Alittletooshort »

aspirant185

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 02:04:47 PM »

Yeah it does ! not to mention if u gain some (lean) mass, it would hardly be noticed that your proportions post LL are out of place.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Madmax_01

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 03:39:28 PM »

Yeah it does ! not to mention if u gain some (lean) mass, it would hardly be noticed that your proportions post LL are out of place.

You mean because the built up muscle mass, will spread on the legs?

aspirant185

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »

You mean because the built up muscle mass, will spread on the legs?

Well, that too, but whats more important is that when you become taller (with the longer legs), the muscle mass (in your chess, arms, and back) would make your upper body look bigger and people usually associate taller people with bigger, well built upper body. If you have smaller upper body, the longer legs might be more visible and noticeable.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Madmax_01

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:35 PM »

Well, that too, but whats more important is that when you become taller (with the longer legs), the muscle mass (in your chess, arms, and back) would make your upper body look bigger and people usually associate taller people with bigger, well built upper body. If you have smaller upper body, the longer legs might be more visible and noticeable.

Totally get it. Thanks! I think one has to balance the stretching and muscle gaining part.

Sweden

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 02:18:35 AM »

I pushed 460kg before LL. Now I'm still far from that great shape I was before but can push 300kg in the inclined leg press machine.

I feel like I can go up to 400 too but I'm just not as motivated as before.
In general, life was better before LL. But the boost the new height gives you is enormous. Wouldn't want to trade back.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Madmax_01

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 02:33:28 AM »

I pushed 460kg before LL. Now I'm still far from that great shape I was before but can push 300kg in the inclined leg press machine.

In general, life was better before LL. But the boost the new height gives you is enormous. Wouldn't want to trade back.

I am sorry to hear about that, Sweden. Do you think you would have the same problems now, if you had lenghtened your femurs?

Uppland

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 04:12:27 AM »

What kind of boost?

aspirant185

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »

What kind of complications ? If you can push 300 kg, you basically are fully recovered with no pain ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2016, 11:23:48 PM »

What kind of complications ? If you can push 300 kg, you basically are fully recovered with no pain ?
I think he refers to his hold athletism, as far as I know he used to do sports or some martial arts on a professional (or at least very competetive and high) level. I honestly don´t think that he can still do that on a similar level after LL, but Sweden could obviously better explain this by himself.

aspirant185

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 12:46:08 AM »

As I said in another trade, one can hardly expect to maintain the similar level after having his legs broken, regardless whether there will be a lengthening or no, once the leges have been broken, its not the same anymore.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 12:58:07 AM »

Yes but still lengthening them is a lot more than just breaking the bone. The function losses happen mostly because the of the tissues and tendons that get strechted, which doesn´t happen at all when you just break your leg at an accident. Breaking your legs will not affect your bio mechanis or your tibiar femur ratio but LL does. Everyone here who had a broken leg and got LL said that the broken leg was walk in the park compared to LL.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 01:16:05 AM »

If you go to Guichet you can minimize the loss of athletic abilities. Paley is also a good option. However, LL will make you a different person, for the best and for the worse. You won't be the same.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Madmax_01

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 07:31:08 PM »

Ok, probably mixed up something. I am capable of doing 150 kg on the inclined leg press and 130 kg on the flat leg press. Thought these were lbs instead of kg. So, I should go up to 230/240 kg in a few months. Hopefully, 4 months are enough for Guichet.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »

I have the same problem before 160KILOS now squat 110 kilos for my femur + 7CM is too long to regain balance must be 6CM pourvous suede tibia must be 6 A 7 cm femur for balance
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up