Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New guy questions  (Read 9192 times)

Adam.bax

• 200cm with an 80cm inside leg
New guy questions
« on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »

Hi all, just joined up to see if I can perhaps get a bit of advice on this whole thing.

Now your obviously going to want to know a bit about me etc and what I'm after..

Believe it or not I'm already 200cm tall so at 6ft7 I'm already banging my head on door frames..
Thing is though my inside leg measures barely 31in so I have rather short stubby legs for my height.. I put this down to developing anorexia at about 18/19 and I never had that last growth spurt.

I've always been on the large size and got bullied a lot as a kid for it and developed eating disorders.

Now I am 25 years old and loving my size and wouldn't complain wth being even taller just for the aesthetics if nothing else.

The main thing for me is that my legs are too short in proportion to my body and with my career it makes things like running difficult.. I've the size of a big guy with the legs of a short guy.. To top it off I also get knee pains as one of my legs is about 1" longer then the other.

The aim I think would be to stretch both legs so that they are an even length and at 34/35in inside leg.. About a normal length for a bloke..

Any information etc that people can give would be great. I'm sure a lot of you may think I'm being an idiot as I'm already tall but it's something that I think will benifits me.

My main concern however is recovery etc. I will need to be able to recover well enough to run and lift rather heavy weights one day.. Even if it's 12 months off I don't mind but it's not worth it if I'll never recover.

Cheers all

Clavicleboi

Re: New guy questions
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »

do you think you might have flat feet? maybe that's causing your knee problems. I don't see any limb lengthening doctor operating on a 6'7 patient lol... I'm guessing the people here have made you paranoid about proportions that no one really pays attention too... don't go through this and risk something worse than knee problems just because you think your legs are too short.

Deads

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:03:10 PM »

Hi all, just joined up to see if I can perhaps get a bit of advice on this whole thing.

Now your obviously going to want to know a bit about me etc and what I'm after..

Believe it or not I'm already 200cm tall so at 6ft7 I'm already banging my head on door frames..
Thing is though my inside leg measures barely 31in so I have rather short stubby legs for my height.. I put this down to developing anorexia at about 18/19 and I never had that last growth spurt.

I've always been on the large size and got bullied a lot as a kid for it and developed eating disorders.

Now I am 25 years old and loving my size and wouldn't complain wth being even taller just for the aesthetics if nothing else.

The main thing for me is that my legs are too short in proportion to my body and with my career it makes things like running difficult.. I've the size of a big guy with the legs of a short guy.. To top it off I also get knee pains as one of my legs is about 1" longer then the other.

The aim I think would be to stretch both legs so that they are an even length and at 34/35in inside leg.. About a normal length for a bloke..

Any information etc that people can give would be great. I'm sure a lot of you may think I'm being an idiot as I'm already tall but it's something that I think will benifits me.

My main concern however is recovery etc. I will need to be able to recover well enough to run and lift rather heavy weights one day.. Even if it's 12 months off I don't mind but it's not worth it if I'll never recover.

Cheers all

You may never recover 100% when it comes to things like running... So if you're required to run, especially for your livelihood, then I wouldn't risk it.... Do you really want to be 4-5 inches taller??

What's your job?

Deads

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »

Just wear a shoe with an extra inch lift in it..... You'll have a lot more issues to deal with then just a sore knee if you go through with this.. What you're proposing (for your goals) makes this surgery not worth it for you.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »

Like others have said, LL will most likely make your running worse not better.  If I were you I'd get that discrepancy fixed and nothing else.  Michael Phelps has a long torso and short legs too.  Some people are just built that way.  I doubt it's from anorexia stunting your growth unless you were near death from it.

Adam.bax

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 06:42:11 PM »

Well I wasn't quite near death but at 200cm I was 65kg so that's pretty damn light really..

The discrepancy in my legs is the main issue for me.. Being so tall anyway a small change in my leg goes through my whole posterior chain and effects my back and shoulders as well as my knee..

I do find the short legs an issue at times with a shorter stride length.

My job is in the British army so it's physically demanding.. Also I don't have flat feet as that's something that gets checked when you join up.

I'm seriously considering it as it maybe done with the NHS since my doctor suggested it first.

Currently having physio and pediatry to see if they can find any other options etc.

Obviously an operation would make me the best part of 7ft tall and that comes with its own fair share of issues too but it's just trying to weigh up the options.

I maybe going into security soon anyway so a big stature and not running might be on the cards. Anything to sort out the knee pain that has already halted an athletic career

Alu

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »

First off, I'm having a hard visualizing what your body type looks like because it just seems weird to me (I'm used to thinking about long legged-ness). I just wonder if it's so palpable that someone has called you out on it?

Second, my first recommendation is to think about the life you want. I think simply doing 5 cm on a segment in your legs could help your frame out a bit and that wouldn't destroy your athleticism (too much that is).

Taller

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 08:31:05 PM »

Wow. That sucks. I know because my story is pretty similar. I developed an eating disorder at 15-16 because I wanted to be a high level track and cross country runner, but am naturally very broad shouldered and heavily built. I was always very tall for my age until then, and I stopped at 5'10, which isn't short, but I have very short legs like you. My leg inseam is 29 inches. My father (the shortest of his brothers) is 6'2 and has an inseam of 33-34 inches.

Yeah, people will say that eating disorders don't cause the stunting of leg growth, but I've talked to other people with similar stories to ours and more than a few have proportionally short legs. There may be something to this.

But, like others have said, surgical lengthening may permanently limit your ability to run long distances. MDOW says he can sprint properly, but doesn't have the same endurance as before. Greekster, who went from 5'8 to 6'3 says he cannot run at all anymore. It's a tradeoff you need to be willing to make. The good news is that if one of your legs is a full inch longer than the other, that qualifies medically as a leg length discrepancy, and you are likely to get a procedure that covers just fixing the discrepancy covered by health insurance/NIH. If you want to get taller, though, you will probably have to pay it out of pocket.

Adam.bax

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 08:52:10 PM »

I'll have a look and see if I can upload a picture to show you guys..

I definitely the eating disorder has something to with this. By the age of 13 I was about 6ft4 and 14 stone so as you can imagine I really stood out of the crowd.. By year 10/11 at school (14/15-16) I'd took it upon myself to not eat anything at all until I got home from school at 3:30 and is only then have my tea. So 1000kcal a day tops at a time when my body was growing at its most.. Looking back it's stupid but as a "fat child" you can see why I did it.

I do definitely believe they are disperportionatly short..  Average uk male is 5ft8 32in Inseem.. I am 6ft7 31in inseam so to me that suggest my body length is a full foot longer then average.. To me that seems a lot.

Has anyone who's had the operation got experiences on recovery etc?

Deads

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 06:37:53 AM »

I'll have a look and see if I can upload a picture to show you guys..

I definitely the eating disorder has something to with this. By the age of 13 I was about 6ft4 and 14 stone so as you can imagine I really stood out of the crowd.. By year 10/11 at school (14/15-16) I'd took it upon myself to not eat anything at all until I got home from school at 3:30 and is only then have my tea. So 1000kcal a day tops at a time when my body was growing at its most.. Looking back it's stupid but as a "fat child" you can see why I did it.

I do definitely believe they are disperportionatly short..  Average uk male is 5ft8 32in Inseem.. I am 6ft7 31in inseam so to me that suggest my body length is a full foot longer then average.. To me that seems a lot.

Has anyone who's had the operation got experiences on recovery etc?

Are you measuring to the floor when you measure your inseam or to your ankle?

I'm 5"6 with a 30" inseam (to the floor).

Adam.bax

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »

I'm measuring from the top of my groin to my ankle bone.

pablo1989

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 10:04:50 AM »

lol please stop response to him. He is trolling us. He wrote he deadlifts 350 kg, has 30 inches inseam at 200 cm and he wants to do leg lengthening at this height. In addition he has knowledge about health insurance regarding leg lengthening and normal distribution of height which is characteristic for an old member of this forum. Don't be stupid.

Adam.bax

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 10:11:56 AM »

Where gives you that idea? I can give you photos to prove my height.. I don't know anything about health insurance but being from the uk I know about the NHS

Furthermore I have a Degree in Physiology and Biomechanics from university in England so I would expect to have a good knowledge of the topic.

As also stated I want LL to sort out a medical reason of one leg being shorter then the other.. But even so why does being 200cm mean I wouldn't want to be taller?

Considering I've only been on here a day or so none of you know me to say anything about me.

I'm after some serious advice about the effects of the surgery from people who have had it. If this site is just full of insecure small blokes jealous of my height then I'll just go else where.

Penguinn

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 10:22:17 AM »

You were 65 kg at 200cms? Wut.

Also this is the new record for the tallest guy wanting lengthening. :P Although your reasons seem legit.

If I were you, I would confirm what's causing your pains and look for alternate solutions. But if you just want to lengthen an inch for even legs, that's very possible with a solid recovery.

Adam.bax

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

Yes I was anorixic so I was very skinny.. Again I can provide photos of this if no one believes me.

I don't think actual height has a lot to do with the aesthetic reasons for LL.

A lot of you guys are shorter then average and feel like u need it.. Realistically atleast 20% of the population is on your height range but only a few of you are on here.. You've been your highly your all life so should be used to it. I'm in a much smaller percentile and used to being a certain amount taller then the population.. Now that the world seems full of fellow 190cm+ people I feel somewhat average which I don't really like..

Also the whole deadlift thing.. I'm 120kg and lift 350. The strongmen all dead over 400kg minimum (infact you don't qualify with less) and they all weight 140kg+ so not that far off really.

theuprising

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 10:57:37 AM »

Yes I was anorixic so I was very skinny.. Again I can provide photos of this if no one believes me.

I don't think actual height has a lot to do with the aesthetic reasons for LL.

A lot of you guys are shorter then average and feel like u need it.. Realistically atleast 20% of the population is on your height range but only a few of you are on here.. You've been your highly your all life so should be used to it. I'm in a much smaller percentile and used to being a certain amount taller then the population.. Now that the world seems full of fellow 190cm+ people I feel somewhat average which I don't really like..

Also the whole deadlift thing.. I'm 120kg and lift 350. The strongmen all dead over 400kg minimum (infact you don't qualify with less) and they all weight 140kg+ so not that far off really.

I would be very curious to see what a 200cm guy looks like at 65kg if you would post pics. Where do you live where there are enough 190cm guys to make you feel average?

Adam.bax

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »

I live in Lancashire England, near Manchester. Brits seem fairly tall these days and I see a lot of guys on the 190cm+ mark.. Might seem greedy but I do like towering over everyone so when I see people my height it puts me down

pablo1989

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »

Now that the world seems full of fellow 190cm+ people I feel somewhat average which I don't really like..

New things that make your trolling more obvious but I think it's funny. I reckon you are laughing at members from this forum who are willing to do do ll despite of being tall. It's quite funny but many people think you are serious. They are just stupid and don't get your sense of humor.

Adam.bax

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 11:29:20 AM »

Pablo are you always just a knob? You seem to think "oh the 200cm guy can't possibly have self esteem issues or a reason for wanting surgery"

I've got much better things to be doing then coming on here to have a laugh at people. I'm here because I'm seriously interested in the topic for my own personal reasons wether you think I'm an idiot or not.

I'm not claiming to be rich enough to afford the surgery when secretly I'm a 14 year old short kid.

If I get it I'll either win the lottery first or be on the NHS.. The main thing is the shorter leg.. Causes massive trouble for me when training.. Squatting at my height is difficult enough anyway without having to use something to stand on on one leg.

So basically I want to atleast be an even length minimum.. But if the option is there I would like a 36in inside leg to go with the rest of my body...

Deads

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »

Pablo are you always just a knob? You seem to think "oh the 200cm guy can't possibly have self esteem issues or a reason for wanting surgery"

I've got much better things to be doing then coming on here to have a laugh at people. I'm here because I'm seriously interested in the topic for my own personal reasons wether you think I'm an idiot or not.

I'm not claiming to be rich enough to afford the surgery when secretly I'm a 14 year old short kid.

If I get it I'll either win the lottery first or be on the NHS.. The main thing is the shorter leg.. Causes massive trouble for me when training.. Squatting at my height is difficult enough anyway without having to use something to stand on on one leg.

So basically I want to atleast be an even length minimum.. But if the option is there I would like a 36in inside leg to go with the rest of my body...

Men with shorter legs and longer torsos are able to deadlift more weight because they have a shorter range of motion.. Having a big wingspan would make your bench press have a longer range of motion, hence it would be harder for you.

New things that make your trolling more obvious but I think it's funny. I reckon you are laughing at members from this forum who are willing to do do ll despite of being tall. It's quite funny but many people think you are serious. They are just stupid and don't get your sense of humor.

Dude get lost. You're pathetic.

Alu

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

I actually do want to see your pics and how one looks with your given proportions. Take a pic at the waist level for better equilibrium between body and legs. Cover your face for privacy reasons obviously.

Adam.bax

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 04:59:21 PM »

Deadlift has always been a strong point for me. Fantastic at picking anything really heavy off the floor.. Bench is reasonable I suppose.. 120kg is body weight so not too bad. My wingspan I think is only about 193cm off the top of my head but would have to check.. Seems I've a long body and short arms and legs relatively speaking.

Don't even bother asking my squat.. I can only squat stood on a 5kg disc with one foot due to the shorter leg. Seems my core strength may be lacking as well which really hinders the technique.. I'm not squatting much at all. About 150kg with a good belt, but my problem is I lean to far forwards when I get close to 90degrees.

I'll see if I can get some pictures up to show you what I mean..

Every tall guy I ever see the first thing I always notice are how long there legs look.. Me on the other hand has tiny legs.. I wear my pants that high Simon cowell would be proud just to look normal.. The main issue though is if I wear a top specially long to cover my body I look silly because of the short length of my legs so I try to make do with normal length clothes and wear my pants high..

Clavicleboi

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »

Since you say this is a real medical issue it might be covered by your insurance, your best bet is to go to multiple doctors and see what they recommend for your knee problems. Also if that's you in your profile picture you don't look bad at all, so I don't see the point of getting LL risking your athletic ability, but if you have knee problems you need to see a doc.

Adam.bax

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »

I'm in the UK so we don't have insurance only the NHS.. I saw my GP and he did mention the idea of LL and said he'd seen 2/3 patients that had had it done but I questioned if they would bother with someone so tall already.. I mean your not gonna LL a guy who already has to duck to get through door frames..

I have been refered to a physio at first to check if it's definitely a bone length issue not a muscular imbalance so we'll see what happens.

To be honest as fussy as it is I would want appropriate legs for my size if I can.

I've never used that imgur or whatever it is to upload so if anyone's other suggestions then I'll do that.. Just gonna read the page on how to upload

Adam.bax

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 05:10:57 PM »

http://imgur.com/a/8lG8F

Not sure if that will work but I'll give it a go..

Clavicleboi

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »

you look fine to me but I can still tell your tibias look a little short, i still think you should see multiple doctors and see if they would recommend LL.

Adam.bax

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 05:16:28 PM »

http://imgur.com/Sr8l2yk

If you have issues seeing them let me know..

Should give you a rough idea of my height and limb length. Pictures are taken at about waist height. Or as close as I can get.

No the ideal world once everything sorted the aim is to look rather similar to Hathor bjorrnson if possible.. Figured I've got a good basis for that sort of frame so might as well make the most of it

Peaceout

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »

How can you have 78 cm inseam with 6'7 man WOW..
So guys it means (we are talking about sitting height/torso) there are huge differences on people about proportions.I mean his legs are short and it could be opposite of course(which most people will be after LL. long legs and short torso-sitting height) but its still interesting  :o

pablo1989

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

Deads,  Do you still believe he deadlifts 350 kg after those photos? His wingspan is 193 so he should have great bench and poor deadlift with his short arms at 120 kg. My is 188 cm at 177 cm 85 kg and my PR in deadlift is 230 kg beltless without straps, bench 115 kg. A friend of mine is 197 105 kg and is way more athletic than op and he deadlifted 240 max. You have no idea how much 350 kg is. I have trained in the same gym as the best strongmen in my country and the bests of them deadlift about 330 - 350 kg using barbell and plates. Records that are above 350 kg are set on high tires!!! This guy has no chance to deadlift more than 150 kg in his actual form. You are an incredibly naive person.

Adam.bax

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »

I first noticed the issue as I wanted to be a pilot in the RAF and the measurements for knee and shin length etc. I fit the RAFs standards for but my sitting height was way way over.. Think it could be 980mm tops and I was way over the 1000mm mark.

It hadn't been such an issue for most things but I do feel like the fact my legs are so short is abit of an issue.. My stride length suffers as a result. For example when I sit in a car my seat going back far enough isn't issue but if I actually adopted a good posture my head is on the roof in almost and car (except a 4x4 I would think)

Not sure how it looks on the pictures but what I see is a disproportionate shape.. Maybe it's just in my head but I think I look a bit silly.. Most tall guys look rangy and I don't at all.

By the way my measurement is from groin to ankle bone not the floor. Not sure how others measure but that's how Taylor's do it..

To be honest I also have size 10 feet (I wear an 11 though) so my feet are small for my size and my hands are about average I think.

To be honest, and I know it's Probably controversial on here but I've looked a lot into the idea of taking growth hormones as they're known to help grow cartilage and make hands and feet bigger..

Also would be interested in the results from LL surgary and the use of HGH in recovery etc. As it's very important for bone density and repairing other bodily tissue but that's just my thoughts

Adam.bax

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 06:42:11 PM »

Pablo, what is your problem? Is this just short man syndrome or are you just a knob in general..

My arms a short relative to my height but no one would call a 6ft4 wingspan short at all so yes my bench is going to be a weak point.

For starters the guys in the 350kg dears are usually the under 105kg strongmen I actually train with the 16th strongest man on the planet under 105kg a local lad called Mike. I also live a few miles from eddy hall and mark felix so have a good local area for strongmen.. I spend most of my time flipping tyres.. Perhaps I can get a better quality picture for you if your worried about my physique..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up