Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Called Out on LL  (Read 11987 times)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Called Out on LL
« on: December 18, 2015, 03:20:14 AM »

Well today was a low in my post-LL life. Was at a party with work colleagues and one girl came up to me and slyly told me "we know what you did. Did you think you could get away with it", and a couple of her friends were eyeing me from a distance. LL can be discovered.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Clavicleboi

Re: Called Out on LL
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:38:52 AM »

calling people out for no reason is one of the sh*ttiest things you can do to someone tbh, did those colleagues know you before you had LL?

theuprising

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 03:43:41 AM »

This sounds very "I know what you did last summer".

How do you even know they were referring to your proportions?

Also did you happen to be hanging around with guys naturally your post
LL height? That could have made it more obvious.

Alu

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 03:48:08 AM »

Are you sure it was about LL? And are you sure it was because they noticed your proportions or simply because someone you might have told slipped?

Either way dude, don't let them get you down. Screw them for judging you on such a matter that doesn't effect their lives, it's honestly stupid form of judgement.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 03:57:13 AM »

Are these new colleagues or did you know them before LL?

goldenegg

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 04:15:26 AM »

This is one of my biggest fears.  Others' opinions don't matter, but it still sucks to be around judgmental people.

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 05:41:32 AM »

What makes you sure it was LL? Should've asked her what she meant. 50% chance it was a practical joke.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 07:30:19 AM »

Everyone who says that proportions aren't an issue remember that OP did 6 cm -an amount usually considered quite moderate.

theuprising

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:27 AM »

Everyone who says that proportions aren't an issue remember that OP did 6 cm -an amount usually considered quite moderate.

That is true if he did femurs but I'm pretty sure he did 6cm on tibia which is over what many docs recommend.

Deads

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 08:59:19 AM »

If proportions are such a huge issue, then don't get the surgery. Simple.

If you don't want people to notice that you're taller and call you out on it, don't get the surgery. Simple.... I don't see what the big deal is with someone calling you out on your height increase/surgery anyway. Why do you care?

programdude

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »

I did 8 CM and no one, even the many who noticed my significantly increased height, noted my proportions or that I had surgery.

Only someone who saw me crippled on crutches, and is super short and was researching this himself has called me out, privately.

Weird thing to do in this case.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

PatientZero

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »

You serious this was said word for word?  "we know what you did. Did you think you could get away with it"

What does that even mean? Get away with improving your own life?
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

tx1111

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »

I did 6 cms and never cared about proportions. After i took the frames off(still on crutches) , i noticed how off it looks.

That being said i prefer to bullsgit my way out of getting my abnormal proportions noticed than to hide lifts for the rest of my life. I dont regret the surgery but im really glad i did not do more. I was 5'4 initially btw.

tx1111

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 01:16:19 PM »

If proportions are such a huge issue, then don't get the surgery. Simple.

If you don't want people to notice that you're taller and call you out on it, don't get the surgery. Simple.... I don't see what the big deal is with someone calling you out on your height increase/surgery anyway. Why do you care?

I dont know whats so puzziling to you. Me personally, i dont want to get called out because its obvvious were insecure and possibly crazy to resort to this.  This forum is anonymus for a reason. I know we "shouldnt" care but humans arent 100% rational machines.

I think even if proportions had been an issue before my surgery, i would have still done it. The choice basically boils down to be short and unhappy with yourself or be "taller" but paranoid about how your body looks. I think most people that are here already have mostly made the second choice but some want to minimize the risk of looking abnormal. Its also a difficult decision to arrive too.

To OP, you know you did this surgery, so you know youre proportions are not normal and will notice it very much. So i think when someone makes a statement that goes anywhere near in relation to LL, your mind will seize on it and get paranoid and panic. (Im sure it will be the case for me when i return home suddenly after suddenly leaving with no rxplanation where i was.)  Dont panic and give yourself away by acting weird.  Good luck. Hope the dont know.

YellowSpike

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »

I think it says more about that girl for calling you out than anything about you, man. And she did it in a malicious way, from how you describe it. What a b*tch.

I was at a social event with old colleagues a few months ago. I did a bit over 7cm. One girl said (kind of loudly, but luckily no one else was within hearing-range) "You're TALLER." I just laughed it off and said something to the effect of "No, I just lost some weight and have a bigger upper body now, but thank you!"

Proportion wise (and while I definitely care about proportions ,I feel like some people on here greatly overrate their importance), no one has said anything to me at all (including women who've seen me nked).

TRS

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 02:10:44 PM »

Polycrates,

Did the girl specifically say LL or are you just assuming that she referred to your LL when asked about what you did and whether you could get away with it?

Pinko

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »

I think it says more about that girl for calling you out than anything about you, man. And she did it in a malicious way, from how you describe it. What a b*tch.

I was at a social event with old colleagues a few months ago. I did a bit over 7cm. One girl said (kind of loudly, but luckily no one else was within hearing-range) "You're TALLER." I just laughed it off and said something to the effect of "No, I just lost some weight and have a bigger upper body now, but thank you!"

Proportion wise (and while I definitely care about proportions ,I feel like some people on here greatly overrate their importance), no one has said anything to me at all (including women who've seen me nked).

Well, that's a good answer to a curious girl. My answer would be " i also grow taller in other part of my body.. Wanna check it out? "  :P

Deads

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »

I dont know whats so puzziling to you. Me personally, i dont want to get called out because its obvvious were insecure and possibly crazy to resort to this.  This forum is anonymus for a reason. I know we "shouldnt" care but humans arent 100% rational machines.

I think even if proportions had been an issue before my surgery, i would have still done it. The choice basically boils down to be short and unhappy with yourself or be "taller" but paranoid about how your body looks. I think most people that are here already have mostly made the second choice but some want to minimize the risk of looking abnormal. Its also a difficult decision to arrive too.

To OP, you know you did this surgery, so you know youre proportions are not normal and will notice it very much. So i think when someone makes a statement that goes anywhere near in relation to LL, your mind will seize on it and get paranoid and panic. (Im sure it will be the case for me when i return home suddenly after suddenly leaving with no rxplanation where i was.)  Dont panic and give yourself away by acting weird.  Good luck. Hope the dont know.

We all know what we're getting ourselves into before we do this procedure. People noticing an increase in our height and possibly calling us out on it is one of those things.. Sooo, don't get upset about it when it does happen.

Frankly I think someone calling me out on my height increase would be a fun little game to play with the person.

I've been reading up on your past posts Polycrates, and you've been paranoid about what people think about your legs since your plane ride home... You have built this up way too much in your mind.

Deads

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »

Well, that's a good answer to a curious girl. My answer would be " i also grow taller in other part of my body.. Wanna check it out? "  :P

Hahahaha

YellowSpike

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »

LL is unfortunate on so many levels, and this is just another example.

Cosmetic surgery of any kind for men is pretty taboo. I know several guys who have had work done (one guy had his dumbo ears pulled back, two others had nose jobs, but said they were for "deviated septums" which we all knew was bs, they wanted smaller noses), and they are all somewhat ashamed or embarrassed by it. Personally, the only other cosmetic thing I ever had was to remove a few moles on my face when I was younger. And the only cosmetic surgery I still want is tibia LL lol.

But I too worry about being "found out." Especially with a future serious relationship. I would hope, by that time, serious feelings the girl would have for me would override any issues she might have with me having done LL...but it's something I still somewhat worry about.

LL is super taboo for men, because it's much more extreme than any other cosmetic surgery out there, and it really betrays how insecure we were with our height. It's like we can't win. We're supposed to "be confident" when we know womens' disdain for short men, yet we get called out for trying to improve ourselves.

Sad world we live in in some ways, but it is what it is. I think people should live and let live, and just shut the f*ck up sometimes. Keep their negative opinions to themselves.

Tallexpectations

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51:09 PM »

Tallexpectations

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 06:07:19 PM »

Being called out on LL is worst nightmare

Uppland

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »

This idea that it's okay as long as people don't verbally mention that your proportions are off is coping to be frank. Normal adjusted people are much too polite to even think about comminting on anothers body -unless it's a compliment. When was the last time you heard someone being called ugly, it's pretty rare isn't it, but does that mean people don't notice others looks?

They do notice, even if it they can't put their finger on just what is bothering them, they will be able to tell that you look "off". The human brain is very adept at spotting small proportional differences, I'd bet you can't say what exactly makes one womans face look good and another one look bad. It's the same with bodily proportions.

Of course most people can lengthen some and still look good but it varies how much. I'm unfortunate since I can only do about 3-4 cm before my arms and shoulders start to look small, such is the plight of having a short wingspan.

-EDIT

And I want to add that if you already are at a decent height (say 183+) it makes no sense to do LL for cosmetic reasons -it's just counterproductive, you'll be less attractive overall when all is said and done. Never mind all the other horrid stuff that comes with surgically altering ones body beyond it's natural state.

Daylight

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »

IF you go to a random person and saying something like this 99% of them will be anxious since everyone has a secret hahahaha

Augmented

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

Assuming you weren't nked, it should be almost impossible to notice off proportions after only 6 cm. Just look at apotheosis with clothing(20cm). I think you're just being paranoid, or you might have told someone who told her. Either way, it shouldn't be seen as a bad thing that you did this surgery, it's a good thing. You had to balls to go out and fix something that bothered you. That's all that counts. So stop being paranoid and enjoy your height  :D
Adapt or perish

theuprising

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »

This idea that it's okay as long as people don't verbally mention that your proportions are off is coping to be frank. Normal adjusted people are much too polite to even think about comminting on anothers body -unless it's a compliment. When was the last time you heard someone being called ugly, it's pretty rare isn't it, but does that mean people don't notice others looks?

They do notice, even if it they can't put their finger on just what is bothering them, they will be able to tell that you look "off". The human brain is very adept at spotting small proportional differences, I'd bet you can't say what exactly makes one womans face look good and another one look bad. It's the same with bodily proportions.

Of course most people can lengthen some and still look good but it varies how much. I'm unfortunate since I can only do about 3-4 cm before my arms and shoulders start to look small, such is the plight of having a short wingspan.

-EDIT

And I want to add that if you already are at a decent height (say 183+) it makes no sense to do LL for cosmetic reasons -it's just counterproductive, you'll be less attractive overall when all is said and done. Never mind all the other horrid stuff that comes with surgically altering ones body beyond it's natural state.

True. If you have ever heard people be described as lanky or stumpy then people are noticing proportions. This idea that non-LL patients are so oblivious that they can't notice someone having a femur than is 20% longer than a comparable person is ridiculous. Like you stated the difference between a girl features being beautiful and ugly are so minor, they can be measured in millimeters. Fortunately as you have stated while people will notice something "off" (particularly if it's taken to extremes) due to social expectations they won't say anything like what happened to OP.

beingtallerdream

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 11:30:53 PM »

Tbh people wouldn't notice at all especially if you are like 18-20. You could always say "Did I grow taller? Wow late growth spurt much.." And it would be fine since you would act like you didn't realise either.

Temoc

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 01:26:58 AM »

Didn't you ask what she was referring to? I'd have told her to fk off if she was calling me in LL

Augmented

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:32 AM »

The paranoia in this thread is real. Do you really think someone can notice 2 inches under clothes?No, they can't. If you wanted perfect proportions don't do this surgery.
Adapt or perish

Deads

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2015, 05:25:58 AM »

The paranoia in this thread is real. Do you really think someone can notice 2 inches under clothes?No, they can't. If you wanted perfect proportions don't do this surgery.

My man Augmented!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 05:28:48 AM »

But there wouldn't really be a point to CLL if the change wasn't even noticeable to others, no?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up