Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another person thinking about 2.5-4cm external tibias  (Read 3821 times)

FutureLengthener

Another person thinking about 2.5-4cm external tibias
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »

Hey all--I haven't posted here in a while, I've been busy with life and kind of put LL to the back of my mind, but it's still stayed in my mind. I was previously set on doing Precise or Guichet femurs, but as soon as the costs of that struck me, I started considering just external tibias. They appeal to me because:
*They're cheap (thinking of the Russian doctor who charges $8,000 USD for the surgery. That's peanuts for a surgery that can do so much for me.)
*Even with the pain, it just seems much less invasive and shocking than rods inside your femurs

Because of my modest height goals--and the dangers of overlengthening tibias--and wanting to leave some proportion room for doing femur lengthening in a few years if I want more height and have the money--and not wanting to spend forever in the frames, I've decided I'm going to be another one of those people aiming for only 2.5, 3 or 4cm at the most of tibia lengthening.

Yes, the lengthening would be small, but it wouldn't be nothing. 2-4cm is noticeable, and can be just as much as some people need to push them from inconfidence into satisfaction. In fact 3cm can bring someone who's short, but in the normal range from the 22nd percentile of men's height to the 41st percentile--which for all intents and purposes is "average." Possibly, I could combine it with temporary 1-2cm spine stretching (or that pelvic lengthening someone posted about), or even just wearing 1 or 2 cm lifts, to make my total gains quite close to what a conventional 5cm-6cm surgery would bring.

I'm wondering, again, what would the total time in frames likely be for that amount of lengthening? I had seen some rule of thumb a long time ago but I forgot and can't find it.
 And can anyone who has done similar amounts relate to how your body responds to mild lengthening such as this...are biomechanics even noticeably changed? Do the lengthened segments eventually feel completely "normal" on your body, like they belong?

Deads

Re: Another person thinking about 2.5-4cm external tibias
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »

Hey all--I haven't posted here in a while, I've been busy with life and kind of put LL to the back of my mind, but it's still stayed in my mind. I was previously set on doing Precise or Guichet femurs, but as soon as the costs of that struck me, I started considering just external tibias. They appeal to me because:
*They're cheap (thinking of the Russian doctor who charges $8,000 USD for the surgery. That's peanuts for a surgery that can do so much for me.)
*Even with the pain, it just seems much less invasive and shocking than rods inside your femurs

Because of my modest height goals--and the dangers of overlengthening tibias--and wanting to leave some proportion room for doing femur lengthening in a few years if I want more height and have the money--and not wanting to spend forever in the frames, I've decided I'm going to be another one of those people aiming for only 2.5, 3 or 4cm at the most of tibia lengthening.

Yes, the lengthening would be small, but it wouldn't be nothing. 2-4cm is noticeable, and can be just as much as some people need to push them from inconfidence into satisfaction. In fact 3cm can bring someone who's short, but in the normal range from the 22nd percentile of men's height to the 41st percentile--which for all intents and purposes is "average." Possibly, I could combine it with temporary 1-2cm spine stretching (or that pelvic lengthening someone posted about), or even just wearing 1 or 2 cm lifts, to make my total gains quite close to what a conventional 5cm-6cm surgery would bring.

I'm wondering, again, what would the total time in frames likely be for that amount of lengthening? I had seen some rule of thumb a long time ago but I forgot and can't find it.
 And can anyone who has done similar amounts relate to how your body responds to mild lengthening such as this...are biomechanics even noticeably changed? Do the lengthened segments eventually feel completely "normal" on your body, like they belong?

4cm on the tibia is a reasonable amount. Wearing 2-3cm lifts with 4cm would be solidly noticeable.

Rule of thumb is 1.5-2months per cm lengthened. So, best case scenario you're out of the frames in 6 months worst case is 8 months.... Don't lengthen below 4cm. You'd be crazy.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:20:24 PM by Deads »

Temoc

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »

2.5 is too little, go for 4-5cms. Problems related to the amount you lengthened start after 5cms in general.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »

Do what you believe is enough to make you happy.
If I do tibias I'll probably go for somerhing around 3,5cm's, an amount like this is noticable but still small in terms of risks, proportions, bio mechanics and overall recovery.
If you go with Dr. Solomin you can easily get the everything (flight ,food, hotel etc) for 4000-8000$ which is extremly affordable imo.

Tallexpectations

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 06:13:08 PM »

And scars, how are they with Solomin?

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »

Do what you believe is enough to make you happy.
If I do tibias I'll probably go for somerhing around 3,5cm's, an amount like this is noticable but still small in terms of risks, proportions, bio mechanics and overall recovery.
If you go with Dr. Solomin you can easily get the everything (flight ,food, hotel etc) for 4000-8000$ which is extremly affordable imo.

Legit, aim for the lowest amount that is acceptable to yourself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up