Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctors or salesmen? Cases of dishonesty in LL  (Read 53948 times)

theuprising

Re: BEWARE
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2015, 05:24:56 AM »

This is all very cloak and dagger. Can you post the screen shots of the evidence.

Alu

« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2015, 06:09:20 AM »

This is all very cloak and dagger. Can you post the screen shots of the evidence.

It's on the Short Person Support website under leg lengthening tab. It's pretty much copied and pasted from the website, and really, adds nothing to the discussion. I can't even confirm when that post was made since there's no timestamp and it looks like SPS hasn't been updated in a long time. Anyways I'm 90% sure this was ages ago and it never specifies a particular doctor so eh?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2015, 06:45:29 AM »

I think this was made in reference to the feud between two Egyptian doctors (Elbatrawy and one other guy) that was going on years ago, when ShortSupport was still being updated.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »

It was made in reference to them but other doctors here are acting like that as well and all forum users should become aware. Business is their main priority no matter what they say.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Wintersleep

• Visitor
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »

I don't want to offend anyone with a false accusation but I have been having a feeling lately that some diaries may be fake because they seem too good to be true and very formulaic (written in a very similar/the same way). Obviously I really hope they are real because the doctors they concern are the doctors I am considering - Russian Dr's and some Indian (mainly Dr. Sringari). Some of these diaries may be on the old forum, I forget.

My question is has anyone else been having this feeling lately?, or am I being paranoid. Obviously a very large part of deciding which doctor to go with is to consult with him but diaries/testimonials are very useful too, if they are real.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »

Apparently some doctors write positive reviews in their spare time. Other doctors put pressure on patients to write positive reviews. Some diaries are full of lies and hide the truth and people say some have been written by fake users.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Penguinn

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

I've read that Dr. Sarin did that.

Also weren't you the "Monegal is a fraud" conspiracy theorist? :-X

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »

I've read that Dr. Sarin did that.

Also weren't you the "Monegal is a fraud" conspiracy theorist? :-X

Dr Sarin and other doctors from developing countries did that. Some may be doing that now. I am not a conspiracy theorist, I haven't said Monegal is a 'fraud' but it's a fact he doesn't tell the truth and has a high rate of complications.

Penguinn

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »

What other docs except Sarin?

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »

Dear Lluser1

It seems that you are focused in trolling Either menor Fitbone Too much.
I do not hide Any information, you are all aware about LL complications here.
Hight rate? I did operate 47 patients in the last 14 months.
Had only one complication after a patient felt and fractured femur. Other like screw loosening LL doctors do not consider it a complication, Just a problem that can be solved easily.
I am lucky to say I did not have Any bone infection, misalignment, non-Union, compartment syndrome, drop foot after nerve injury, fat embolism syndrome or death.
The list can be longer as you may know.

So due to the nature of complications you can have when LL my rate is quite nitchy.
LL is tricky and no doctor can escape from them (even when doing a perfect surgery).
I would say no LL surgeon is fraud as it takes a lot of training and effort to get There. Sometimes it would be good If you could, to think about our position. Because doctors do suffer a lot when a complication arises, and the one who is going to give you the solution is Your LL doctor.

I do fix Many complications from other doctors, But you will never ser me calling them a fraud, saying don t go There or giving false testimonials as you did. None of my patients is false. You can come whenever you want to Brcelona and check it yourself. By the way it would be the first time you come here. So don t miss the chance.

Happy new year to all users.
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

chsn

Dr Monegal Diaries & Complications (Merged)
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:07 PM »

Alright, the diaries are unlocked! Would kill for some updates in this diary and the other Monegal diaries! The doctors reputation has been slandered the last weeks, an update from his patients would be good.

LLuser1

• Banned
Re: Dr Monegal Diaries & Complications (Merged)
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »

What's the point in reading diaries that don't tell the whole truth? I am glad they've been unlocked but they aren't that useful. Glenn hasn't completed his surgeries yet. He won't say anything bad about the doctor.

Alu

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2016, 10:52:42 PM »

What's the point in reading diaries that don't tell the whole truth? I am glad they've been unlocked but they aren't that useful. Glenn hasn't completed his surgeries yet. He won't say anything bad about the doctor.

So by your logic, everyone who is currently lengthening and is giving us insight into this surgery should just shut up?

Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds. Stop letting your own personal bias into the forums if you're not going to be constructive and reasonable. On a side note, have yet to see your proof against this doctor.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »

No that's not the point, but Monegal's diaries must be scrutinized because Doctor Monegal himself is connected all day to the forum and allows no freedom of speech (some patients told me).

IMO, patients should post here but readers should read carefully and not be mislead. Would you post anything negative if your doctor is watching you? Just be careful with that.

Patients themselves told me all this.

Alu

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »

I'll just state this, from my perspective this doesn't change much. You've yet to prove your claims, you keep saying they told you this but never seem to say who or have them come and tell it to the rest of us.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2016, 11:31:44 PM »

I can't disclose that information (it's illegal), but you can visit the guesthouse and ask the staff.
I'm sure after rod removal some patients will tell the truth too.
The worst part isn't the fact there are complications, because Paley has complications too, the problem was the doctor trying to hide them (unlike Guichet).

Deads

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2016, 12:18:02 AM »

I can't disclose that information (it's illegal), but you can visit the guesthouse and ask the staff.
I'm sure after rod removal some patients will tell the truth too.
The worst part isn't the fact there are complications, because Paley has complications too, the problem was the doctor trying to hide them (unlike Guichet).

Doctors are bound by the patient doctor confidentiality clause.. You aren't a doctor. It isn't illegal for you to disclose that information.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:50:55 AM by Deads »

Alu

« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2016, 01:25:09 AM »

At the same time why don't they ever come to the forum and support your claims? They'd be doing it on their own free will and such; at the same time if what you say is true then wouldn't they also feel the need to share this information freely? Why just disclose it to one person?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2016, 02:17:36 AM »

Patients don't want to talk about their complications because they are afraid of the doctor's reaction. Look at Crinsomtide's diary. He said some negative things (slightly negative) and doctor's reaction was out of proportion. That's the reason they prefer to remain silent. Unlike Crinsom, LL patients are still under their supervision. It's a basic principle of human psychology.

The attitude of MM, his biggest disaster, seems an instance of Stockholm syndrome. Stockholm Syndrome is a psychological term used to describe the paradoxical phenomenon of the relationship that develops between a captor and its hostage. In such a relationship, to the amazement of onlookers, the captor expresses empathy and positive feelings towards their abusive captor, and often they will display a desire to defend them.

aboali1022

• Visitor
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2016, 06:53:54 AM »

I understand your frustration, but I think you have invalid arguments.
Let me ask you, why not assume that Monegal is a very good doctor who cares about his patients? Don’t you think their normal reaction would be appreciation and defending?  Interesting that you have mentioned Stockholm syndrome, it hardly applies in this case since his patients are from all over the world and have different levels of personal strength to sit &obey.
Enlighten us please, what do you see that others can’t?   ::)

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »

Dear all

I am so sad because LLuser1 does not like me.
His arguments Are steryle and, in MEDICAL opinion I would say he is Kind of obsessed.
Limb lengthening is extremely higth complicated procedure in which complication may arise even When doing a perfect Surgery.

I have witnessed in 15 years extremely terrible complications of some colleagues like sciatic nerve injury after knee scope or hand amputation after carpal syndrome decompression. Can you imagine? Straight forward procedure may end up in absolute tragedy.

Complications? Every doctor has and it is something that We do not like.
I am happy to say That i did not have Any infection, amputation, compatimental syndrome, fat embolism syndrome, deep vein trombosis or death.

Let me think...my complications. Well you all know That MM had a fracture after falling and Now she is fine. Stockholm syndrome? She is an Amazing patient and better person. Probably you should learn a bit more from her. When people has complications They need a doc That can fix it and people helping...rather than people thorowing whatever in forums.

Other That I can remember 1 implant changed because of bad function (That s probably better than precice 8% fail according to Munster precice nail users). WITTENSTEIN replaced the implant and I did change It free Cost, Of course.

And Yes 3-4 cases of screw loosening which I warn to all my patients. Is this a serious complication? Well surgeons We call it a problem. And We fix it in 10 minutes at OR with local anaesthetic.

Others like muscle tightness or neuropathic pain? Is this a surgical complication or this Is caused by distraction? Maybe Dr LLuser can explain us.

You want to make a negative impact in my practice and in my patients? You Are free to try It But believe me That I fix a lot of complications from other doctors and you will never see me posting whatever about them. That is the case of crinsom who got confused and mistook epidurall Block (to prevent pain) with a permanent nerve injury and he Just got nervous. He is trying to recover from his previous issues and still talks to me...probably he is not That angry.

Connected all day? Manipulate my patients diaries?
Sounds funny as I work 12-14 h a day mostly in OR, i do 20 surgeries per week...problem i only Connect throught my cellphone and most times leave it connected to the LL.
I tell my patients to write their diaries If They Feel so. But This is not a reality show and There is some information That needs to stay between doctor and patient. That a confidentiality between doctor and patient. And you know why I tell them this? To stay away from people like you who Take a loosen screw as a major complication because someone told you (you have never been here) and start s trolling campaign against me, my patients and Fitbone. Maybe you should show more respect for all of us.

You know What most doctors think about CLL patients? Maybe you wouldn t like to hear about it. And I do defend you and respect all of you. It seems like here the doctors who Are extremely trained, and Are very good professionals Are systematicaly atacked by some of you with trolling campaigns. No one escapes: Franz, Paley, Betz, Guichet... Probably you do not like us to be here.
You ask me with who I would undergo LL myself? Well I cannot operate myself...But Any doctor doing Fitbone, precice or his own nail (call It whatever) is a human being, an extremely trained and experienced doctor and someone who cares about people like you guys. None of us can escape from complications as This is an extreme treatment. But This is something We do not to put into public debate here.

The most important is my patients Are doing very Well and it seems That this is not normal for some of you guys. Bohemia posted a video yesterday walking upstairs and it was deleted. It is Weird.

Have a nice year all users even you LLuser1

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:18:18 PM by Dr Monegal »

theuprising

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »

Hello Dr Monegal can you share what most doctors think of CLL patients. It would be interesting to hear.

crimsontide

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »

i'm not  that angry

i plan on going to muscle recovery center in barcelona

i have a  slight nerve issue, but not fro  monegal... because of dr shah.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »

Number of cm and names of doctors would be valuable, yes.
I see bad cases are more numerous than good and neutral cases. Serious complications abound everywhere.
Why aren't the patients from Spain in this list? Not finished? Muskcmaker should be included in the list of serious complications (corrective surgeries required /callus fracture/ and loss of functionality).

PatientZero

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2016, 11:36:12 PM »

Number of cm and names of doctors would be valuable, yes.
I see bad cases are more numerous than good and neutral cases. Serious complications abound everywhere.
Why aren't the patients from Spain in this list? Not finished? Muskcmaker should be included in the list of serious complications (corrective surgeries required /callus fracture/ and loss of functionality).

In the past few weeks, you've brought more awareness to Monegal's practice, both good and bad, but your actions are becoming increasingly detrimental to our community. It'd actually be useful if you could back up your claims: like American guy getting ex-fixed, or musicmaker having loss of functionality.

My biggest issue is that you're spinning a massive amount of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) for all prospective patients for some things that are completely false like the 2 points made above.

I have seen her and her x-rays in real life. Her fractured leg is straight, fully consolidated and has no problems weight bearing. Yes this is a serious complication, but I'd give the doctor credit for being able to solve said complication.

Your beef is with the doctor, we get that, but I don't understand your obsession with musicmaker.

You could alternatively go on a crusade against the biggest salesmens (Betz, Mahboubian) or some of the truly awful Indian or Eastern European doctors. Who do you work for?
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

blahblah

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2016, 04:07:55 AM »

Is LLuser1 getting to me? Cause these two statements sounds a lot like they were made by the same person. Again I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but just would like some clarification.

Have a nice year all users even you LLuser1

Happy new year for all users, even for LLuser.

Tiny

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »

Is LLuser1 getting to me? Cause these two statements sounds a lot like they were made by the same person. Again I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but just would like some clarification.

Wtf? Hmmmmmmmmm.

That's really shady...

Deads

« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »

Haha, they've both been calling him LLooser too. The post where Alex says it has since been edited back to LLuser1. As annoying as LLuser can be, I found it highly unprofessional on Alex's part to lower himself to that standard and it made it hard for me to take him seriously as a professional after seeing that side of him. He is afraid of people on here wrecking his image yet the way he holds himself in this forum sometimes, he does a pretty good job of wrecking his own image... I've stumbled across several of his posts now where he flies off the handle and its unnerving. It makes you question his character.

So what does this have to do with anything? It wouldn't suprise me if there were fake accounts created deliberately to support him. Im NOT implying that he would, I'm saying that based of his past actions and the way in which he holds himself that it wouldn't suprise me.. I can understand how infuriating it must have been for Alex to have to read the s**t that Moose had to say and I avidly supported him. I still do. People like Moose who clearly have no valid argument and nothing to prove his claims just annoy me and I defended him out of principle.. But if Alex wants to uphold an image, then he needs to hold himself to a higher standard. By letting trolls on the internet get to him he makes himself look bad. As a result it MAKES you question him. So I can completely understand why blahblah, Tiny and myself question the little quirky things such as Musicmaker and Alex seeming like the same person haha.

Apparently PatientZero has met Musicmaker in person so that rules out that they're the same person. Bohemia, Musicmaker and Alex all seem extremely tight knit though.. So it would seem that Alex is a tremendous caring doc, talented at his job, yet lacks self-control.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2016, 12:52:24 PM »

Hi Deads

I noticed That my corrector wrote looser instead of luser. I corrected It as fast as I could because nobody deserves to be called That way (specially because We do not know each other). I don t know If That is The case of MM. Look she is a real patient and whoever wants to talk to her is free to do so. Maybe been spanish has to be with a similar way to express some things and use Of same dictionary corrector...But as said You should ask her.

Another matter You were talking about is fake diaries. I don t know If Any doctor has ever done this or has used account managers, But It s not my case. First because I don t need It. And I wouldn know where to find one in case I wanted to.
I spoke personally about this with The moderators in The forum and do believe I would personally notify a fake diary If I ever detect one. I have done It When It was for bad purpose and do believe me I would do The same If It was for good.

Self control? Well to be a limb reconstruction surgeon requires training, skill and a lot Of control. Do believe me A MASSIVE control.
I do accept critics, and I do ask my patients How to improve quality Of my care and practice. But What I did not accept Is unfair posts done by people I don t even know. Some Of Them called trolls by other users and moderators. I am not used to this.

The only thing I regret and from which I must apologize to all genuine users here, Is That I was probably not used to be judged in public by people who does not even know me. This Is something new for me and probably reacted inappropiately But I was absolutely rigth.

So once again thank You for Your comment because It helps a lot. By The way It Is complicated to be in my position You must understand.

Deads

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »

Hi Deads

I noticed That my corrector wrote looser instead of luser. I corrected It as fast as I could because nobody deserves to be called That way (specially because We do not know each other). I don t know If That is The case of MM. Look she is a real patient and whoever wants to talk to her is free to do so. Maybe been spanish has to be with a similar way to express some things and use Of same dictionary corrector...But as said You should ask her.

Another matter You were talking about is fake diaries. I don t know If Any doctor has ever done this or has used account managers, But It s not my case. First because I don t need It. And I wouldn know where to find one in case I wanted to.
I spoke personally about this with The moderators in The forum and do believe I would personally notify a fake diary If I ever detect one. I have done It When It was for bad purpose and do believe me I would do The same If It was for good.

Self control? Well to be a limb reconstruction surgeon requires training, skill and a lot Of control. Do believe me A MASSIVE control.
I do accept critics, and I do ask my patients How to improve quality Of my care and practice. But What I did not accept Is unfair posts done by people I don t even know. Some Of Them called trolls by other users and moderators. I am not used to this.

The only thing I regret and from which I must apologize to all genuine users here, Is That I was probably not used to be judged in public by people who does not even know me. This Is something new for me and probably reacted inappropiately But I was absolutely rigth.

So once again thank You for Your comment because It helps a lot. By The way It Is complicated to be in my position You must understand.

I didn't mean fake diaries, I meant fake user accounts which would be used to support you in a heated discussion. You don't need fake diaries.

And I meant emotional control, not physical control.

You're (as far as I know) the only doctor that contributes to the forum. You definitely bring a lot of value to the board. You're an Orthopaedic Surgeon! You're better than these pathetic people who want to give you a bad name. A troll if you don't know is someone who deliberately tries to get a reaction from people online.. And you always give them a reaction.

You have a right to defend yourself but you give people an uneasy feeling about you when you come across as aggressive.. That makes it easier for people to question other things about you. Even if you are honest and genuine. A shred of doubt is all you need.

Deads

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »

Hi Deads,

I usually enjoy your posts, but I think you have been too harsh with Dr Monegal. He deserves me to write here some words to clarify some aspects.

All Spanish patients at MICS call LLuser1 ‘Llooser’ for a reason: in Spanish ‘u’ sounds like ‘oo’ in English. In Dr Monegal’s case it was a mistake caused by his corrector. That’s why he modified it. In my case I found that correction funny and decided to keep it. I apologize if I hurt some people’s feelings, but I have been called many names in this forum and I haven’t complained at all. After being called ‘dongrider’ (Tiny), ‘bumlicker’ (FP), ‘bitch’ (Moose) and so on..., it must not be surprising for you that I felt entitled to call this irritating user ‘LLooser’. Besides, he spelled my name wrong too. He called me Muskmaker or something like that.

I don’t care about this, though. At this moment I am feeling very sad because of the false accusations spread here. Dr Monegal has a very peculiar personality –I agree–, but he is NOT unprofessional. In fact, I could say he is the best doctor I’ve ever met. He is a very skilled surgeon, but also a caring doctor and a wonderful human being. He has been a very important person in my life and I will be grateful forever. I’ve had serious complications and he has never abandoned me. I am serious. I really appreciate him as a doctor and as a person and I don’t like his name being polluted.

For another thing, I am tired of all these accusations of being a fake. Many, many users in this forum have met me in person, not only PatientZero. You can ask Paco1, Krp1, Xavi, Crinsomtide, Cooper, Nomad, Bohemia, Glenn... and many others whose names I can’t include here because I don’t know if they want that fact to be public. Are all these people hallucinating? I don’t think so. If I didn’t care about my privacy, I would upload a recent pic of Dr Monegal and me. We are two different people, sure, and many people can testify that’s true. The level of paranoia reached in this forum is beyond description.

In conclusion, don’t be too harsh on Dr Monegal. He doesn’t deserve it.  If you feel bad and want to punch someone in the face, I am here for that purpose. I’m hiding behind an alias and my reputation is not at stake.

Haha.. I actually found it funny too, but thought it was unprofessional if it was deliberately done. Alex corrected it though and said it wasn't deliberate so it's okay.. The language barrier is a valid point too.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:50:35 PM by Deads »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up