Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reputable doctors in Russia?  (Read 13205 times)

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
Reputable doctors in Russia?
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:23:29 AM »

I have come across and researched several of the areas people have chosen for their limb lengthening procedure. I am a college student 4'11.75 and am really interested in getting it done after I finish school. I will be 22. I'm a college student and definitely not a rich one at that so I plan to work and take out as much loan money as possible from school before I graduate. Some of the places like with Guichet and Paley I WISH i could afford but there is no way in this lifetime I will have 85,000 to spend after graduating from college.

Some of the areas I've researched include Beijing, India (which I have definetly cross of the list), Germany and Russia. Russia right now seems to be the most affordable place I can trust to give me a good limb lengthening procedure. I sw their prices go from 16,500-30,000.

I'm just having trouble finding anyone's experience who's been in Russia for this procedure. The site seems nice and claims to have done numerous successful surgeries but how can anyone really be sure?? They also say that they do this at a number of clinics both privately and state owned. So different clinic different doctors. I have a link for the website but if anyone knows or has a success story in Russia I would really appreciate it.

Future Normal Height Person

http://www.rucosm.com/services/

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Reputable doctors in Russia?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:23:06 AM »

The Ilizarov institute is reputable.

http://ilizarov.ru/

Dingo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »

You might also want to try contacting Dr Bagirov. He offers externals in Moscow (Russia) or Baku (Azerbaijan) for something like 5000 USD plus living expenses (around 1000 USD per month including everything I think). They were setting up a full package for international patients in Baku some time ago, but I don't know their current situation.

There were two girls (Zarazka and En) over at the old forum who did external tibial LL with him and were very happy with their results.

This is En's diary over at the old forum (the doctor's contact details are in there somewhere):
Code: [Select]
Topic: En - External Tibias - Dr. Bagirov & Dr. Fakhri - 2011 - LL in Baku, Azerbaijan (http/www link edit)

This is a video about the doctor and his bow legs correction procedure, which is similar to LL but without lengthening ;D (in Russian):
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvPwpjWcF8&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:48:52 PM by Admin »

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:04:28 PM »

Thank you SO much! I will definitely look into it!

crimsontide

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:44:23 PM »

been trying to contact dr bagirov by email... anyone have a phone number for him?

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 12:34:03 AM »

Just saw a discussion on anold forum which says Dr.  Bagirov charges 12,500 Euros, still a decent price since everything is included, plus 1000 Euros a month after the 3 month period. This is for lower leg externals only. The internal femur will run you about 30,000 Euro.

This discussion took place in 2012...I'm wondering if those prices are still relevant since the price increase for many physicians has been substantial over the past several years.

Dingo

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »

Just saw a discussion on anold forum which says Dr.  Bagirov charges 12,500 Euros, still a decent price since everything is included, plus 1000 Euros a month after the 3 month period. This is for lower leg externals only. The internal femur will run you about 30,000 Euro.

This discussion took place in 2012...I'm wondering if those prices are still relevant since the price increase for many physicians has been substantial over the past several years.

You're mistaking two unrelated doctors:

Dr Bagirov (Moscow, Baku)
External tibias - 5.000 USD plus 1.000 USD per month of stay (not sure if these prices are up-to-date)
http://clinicanomer1.ru/
drbagirov.group@gmail.com

Dr Barinov (Volgograd)
External tibias - 12.500 Euros plus 1.000 Euros per month after 3 months
LON Femurs - 30.000 Euros plus 1.000 Euros per month after 3 months
http://www.rucosm.com
Email: info3@rucosm.com
Phone: +007 988 022 19 26

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »

been in contact with dr bagirov, and will    get my surgery done by him... the price  above is pretty accurate... dr bagirov is external only but his frames are  not the same as the old style ilizarov, you can see them on  youtube... im ok with wearing these 10 months

Smallguy

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »

been in contact with dr bagirov, and will    get my surgery done by him... the price  above is pretty accurate... dr bagirov is external only but his frames are  not the same as the old style ilizarov, you can see them on  youtube... im ok with wearing these 10 months

10 months is a long-time. Doesn't he offer Lon for Tibias so you go home after 4 months? Anyway, keep us posted and good-luck!
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

crimsontide

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 06:47:37 PM »

im gonna go home after 4 months regardless...i dont mind wearing his frames that long... they are very small compared to the traditional frames... i think he doesnt offer lon... almost none of the russian or  former  soviet republics offer lon, as far as i know... external only is safer than lon,  even dr birkholtz has stated this, if you dont mind wearing the frames, for tibias, external is the safest option... and ty

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »

Crimsontide-
Are this frames small enough to wear under pants? Ive seen some that weren't visible under sweat pants.. Which doctor are you planning on going to? The one in Moscow or Volgograd?

I have read a few diaries on Dr. Bagirov from Volgograd and was kind of alarmed by a few things I saw. These were on the old forum by the way. I'm sure you've done your research but definetly check them out if that's who you are planning on going to. I've heard several bad accounts about his assisstant doctor whom he works with, and that really concerns me. Also one of his patients had to complain several times that she had X legs before she was treated for the problem, as she kept being told it would correct itself when the frames were off-which was not the case. During her joinery she put up a picture with another young girl who was getting treated and from the picture it was clear that her friend's legs in the picture were crooked. According to whomever wrote the diary  the doctors did nothing to rectify the issue and let her leave with this disformity.- Things like this and other details definetely made me think twice about Russia in Volgograd

Dingo-
Thank you you're right I was mistaken. Do you have any information on Dr Bagirov from Moscow? I have seen any diaries or testimonies on him.

Dingo

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »

@secondclasscitizen

Why do you keep mixing the names of the doctors?

The one in Volgograd is called Barinov.

The one in Moscow and Baku is Bagirov.

From what I know, some people don't really "enjoy" the quasi-military emphasis they put on physical therapy and the attitude of one of the doctors in Volgograd.

With regards to Baku, there's a diary over at the old forum under the topic En - External Tibias - Dr. Bagirov & Dr. Fakhri - 2011 - LL in Baku, Azerbaijan, which is in the Other Doctors Diaries section.

There's also an account by another girl who did LL with Bagirov in Moscow called Zarazka, who didn't write a diary but talked about her experience in another guy's diary which has now disappeared.

They both reported good results with Dr Bagirov.

Read my posts above carefully. I don't have any other information.

crimsontide

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »

Im planning on bagirov in baku... though i still might go with mitkovic.... ive only read good about both of them... the frames bagirov uses are identical almost to the ones salameh uses, though salameh charges much more..... i think you could wear  boot cut jeans with these frames to be honest.... bagirov has very cheap prices, but am a little concerned ill be hit with a bunch of other fees.... they charge $350 just for letter of invitation to  baku, which is needed to get visa... dr mitkovic is very good too, and a good dr, his frames are small too... he charges more but all his fees are upfront

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 11:05:33 PM »

@crimsontide
Are you planning on staying there during the consolidation? If the frames are small enough I would probably move back to Canada with some relatives where I can get free health care, unlike here in the US.

I'm interested in his as a doctor as well since he is affordable, the only thing that concern me is there aren't many patient diaries or accounts on his behalf and the possibility of other hidden fees. Although the few that are available are very positive. When you talked to him did he say the price was still $5,000? Did this include meds, hospitalization , and complications? Or does this price simply cover the 1st surgery?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »

could you post the youtube videos of these frames he offers? id like to see how small they are  :P

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 01:31:26 AM »

$6000 now.....   someone posted the video.. ill get it soon

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 05:32:56 AM »

Thats still an amazing price...please keep us updated! I'm deff looking at him as one of my options

Smallguy

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 06:10:55 AM »

$6000 now.....   someone posted the video.. ill get it soon

Since you won't have a nail inserted into your bones to cause interference, your recovery will be much faster with external than with LON. The only downside is that you have to wear the frames for 10 months.

My left leg was broken twice. The top was held together by a nail and the bottom by a plate. When I check the x-ray, the bottom, without the interference, fill-up within 3 weeks.

Going to Russia for LL - I never read a diary on that one before. Look forward to yours.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Taller

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »

Would it be possible for someone to post a link to an English version of Dr. Bagirov' site? I can only access it in Russian, and can't figure out how to make it display in English. Is this even possible. Thanks!

crimsontide

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »

i need to decide by late today.... its between dr mitkovic and dr bagirov.... not sure who ill decide, mitkovic has many many good  awards, etc all over the net and very little info on dr bagirov

crimsontide

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »

i  think i might just go with dr mitkovic... the visa process for azerbaijan seems a bit lengthy and confusing.... need letter of invitation,etc

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

Ive heard only good things about mitkovic. He is very conservative and picky with who he chooses which means he really cares about this process. I haven't really heard much from Dr. bagiroz-good or bad.

Can I ask where you are from? I'm from the United States and I know if I chose Russia I would experience a large cultural shock. Like someone mentioned before there style of PT is almost militaristic. I need to know that the doctor I am choosing won't be an incentive sergeant. That's just me though, everyone reacts to things differently.

I know many people have wanted to go to Mitkovic in the past but he limits he cases so you're lucky if you can get an operation with him. He's more expensive but for the level of reputation he has he's seems to be by far the best in his price range.

I wish you luck keep us updated on who you choose :)

crimsontide

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »

ty:))) he already accepted me... hes a very nice man, im from the states as well.... its more money, but not much more. i just feel more comfortable going with dr mitkovic... you type his name in and you get a thousand positive reviews...  hes also a caring dr... he didnt want me to get operation at a certain time  because hed have to be away for 2 weeks after...   i just feel very comfortable with him

secondclasscitizen

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »

Wow congrats! You're deff in good hands from what I've read. The price difference is unquestionably worth it- especially when it comes to your legs!

All the best for your journey, I hope you'll keep us all updated :)

jerry

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:07 AM »

Would it be possible for someone to post a link to an English version of Dr. Bagirov' site? I can only access it in Russian, and can't figure out how to make it display in English. Is this even possible. Thanks!

You can do it using http://translate.google.com/
Copy the text and it will translate from Russian to English

Dobromed Baku

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »

Dear all,
You can ask all your questions related to Mr.Bagirov surgeries. I am representative of the clinic in Baku where the surgery take place.

endomorphisme

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »

Dear all,
You can ask all your questions related to Mr.Bagirov surgeries. I am representative of the clinic in Baku where the surgery take place.

could you prove it please?

GeTs

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »

Dear all,

could you prove it please?
why would u even need it?
height:182.5cm

goal:185-187 cm

PrettyTall

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »

Dr Leonid N.Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia)
Pages: [1]   Go Up