Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Guichet  (Read 1000 times)

spyratoss

Dr. Guichet
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »

I'm new to this forum and am considering LL with Dr. Guichet the end of 2016.  I am 45, so a little skittish on the age, and there is always a small probability I might lose my job (although as a contractor, I can take a long leave).  I am 165cm and sometimes wear 1.5" lifts, but I still can't shake my height.  I also have a long standing injury, foot drop, and looking to just lengthen femurs.  Is my age or expectation of 3" unreasonable? 
Thanks

Alu

Re: Dr. Guichet
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »

Age is a factor, but it's one that is often over-exaggerated. As far as your goal of 3" that's within perfect limit for femur lengthening. Also considering you're going to go with Guichet he can be a very reasonable and conservative so you should be in good hands.

spyratoss

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »

Thanks much. According to his website, he has lengthened up to age 65 (?) if I recall.  I know it's a personal issue, but some other surgeons limit the age.  Does anyone know, other than possible osteoporosis, what the other risk factors are?  I know the Russian clinics stop at age 40 I believe? 

Tallexpectations

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 11:09:16 PM »

In LL the younger the better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up