Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry brain picking again!! FOR VETS!  (Read 9700 times)

Uppland

Re: Sorry brain picking again!! FOR VETS!
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »

Yes Deads got the right idea, I mostly want to fit in and I do plan to move to another country.

@Taller

Thank you but I would rather be 182-183 with good/acceptable proportions than 184 cm. I also don't believe that 6 cm is as safe as 4 but thank you nonetheless.

I will have to decide if it is worth it to gain 4 cm.

treemonger

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »

Hey Soopz,

You will never be 100% due to the stretching of muscles/tendons and the altered biomechanics of your lower limbs.

Food for thought: There have been cases of fatty embolism from bilateral femurs that have caused death to the patients. I know you are looking to do a few cm on tibias, but you could possibly my friend.

3cm is a high risk low reward kind of goal IMO.

theuprising

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 11:34:33 PM »

Hey Soopz,

You will never be 100% due to the stretching of muscles/tendons and the altered biomechanics of your lower limbs.

Food for thought: There have been cases of fatty embolism from bilateral femurs that have caused death to the patients. I know you are looking to do a few cm on tibias, but you could possibly my friend.

3cm is a high risk low reward kind of goal IMO.

Any links to those deaths? Medical Sources, news stories, diaries?

theuprising

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 05:10:54 AM »

Yes Deads got the right idea, I mostly want to fit in and I do plan to move to another country.

@Taller

Thank you but I would rather be 182-183 with good/acceptable proportions than 184 cm. I also don't believe that 6 cm is as safe as 4 but thank you nonetheless.

I will have to decide if it is worth it to gain 4 cm.

Are you doing femurs or tibia if you do LL?

Soopz

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »

MEDIUM GLASS OF WATER - what do you think on my recovery at 3cm? I like your honesty and straight talking! I think you could give me a non basis truth on my possible 100% recovery. I'm looking at tibia, but open femur.

You guys keep saying get least 5cm but whats point if I'm happy to be 174cm and in Northern UK that's def not short really! I'm literally jealous of people 174cm and it's noticeable massively! Hence with 3cm lifts I'm never called short anymore n I'm taller than 80% of girls. With the lifts I'm 100% happy entirely at that height! Sounds stupid but it pushes over the short group.

Forget money I have it! Time I don't have but can make! Recovery I need! But I'm obsessed with being average. I really do want that inch.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 12:08:41 AM »

I think 4cm´s are a decent amount of lengthening, especially for the 5´10 guys. We´d go from slightly below average to just slightly above. The fact that height is distributed like a bell curve, which peaks between 177 and 183, would mean that this rather short amount would still get us past a lot of guys.
I do also believe that there´s a difference in proportions and recovery between 4 and 6cm´s.

Uppland

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 12:16:18 AM »

I think 4cm´s are a decent amount of lengthening, especially for the 5´10 guys. We´d go from slightly below average to just slightly above. The fact that height is distributed like a bell curve, which peaks between 177 and 183, would mean that this rather short amount would still get us past a lot of guys.
I do also believe that there´s a difference in proportions and recovery between 4 and 6cm´s.

Yes if I do LL I will do 4 cm most likely, any more damages proportions and health, any less and why even bother.

4-6 cm is the best goal imo, and since I'm on the conservative side I will aim for the lower part of that.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 12:23:24 AM »

MEDIUM GLASS OF WATER - what do you think on my recovery at 3cm? I like your honesty and straight talking! I think you could give me a non basis truth on my possible 100% recovery. I'm looking at tibia, but open femur.

I've never known anyone who did just 3cm.  Your recovery will probably be really great, but I'm hesitant to tell you you'll get back to 100% when the truth is I really don't know.

Infinity

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 12:17:16 AM »

I did knew a guy who did around 3.75 cm and he recovered quite well. Another guy who did around 8 cm also was doing snow boarding after a year or so. There are so many factors involved that makes it hard to give a definite answer. Barring any major complications during the surgery, if you choose a good surgeon and follow good recovery protocol than there is no reason you should not be able to recover well.

treemonger

• Newbi
  • Visitor
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »

Any links to those deaths? Medical Sources, news stories, diaries?

Dr. Monegal told us about deaths in his doctor thread. I do not have links or any source to share with you aside from what he said.

5.7to5.9

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »

At 171 and 3cm heals taking me to 174 makes a huge difference in height. I actually want to do 4cm and I know how much it is on a ruler and of course in reality. I was recently on a vacation in kerala India. My wife and kids were so tired to join me on a trip to water fall. I felt myself so Lucy 8) and jumped into my new bought SUV and went on to explore this waterfall which is about 100km away in some interior patchy part of kerala, India. I reached there all alone and had to walk about 2km on pachy road and steps to reach the fall. I had crossed all the guys on my way to  water fall. I got into water and was one of the very few who crossed that stream of water and managed to get right down under fall . I just can't forget the looks on few guys face when I did that(ie lot of guys were just in water but didn't dare to move forward and get right under the waterfall.) and on my way back crossed every one where quite a few were fully exhausted. Now that I call athleticism at my age of 34. I don't need a ruler to measure if I can do the same after 4cm and be happy.

YellowSpike

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »

I'm eventually going to do 3.5-3.8cm on my tibias...I think it's definitely gonna be fairly noticeable. Going from 5'8" (under average) to average (5'.9.5" or at least 5'9"+) in my opinion helps a lot. Many women have a hard cutoff of around 5'9" because they know that's the average male height (and lets be honest, no woman wants a man under average height, even if they eventually settle for them). The average woman is also about 5'5", lets add heels (and heel-height to women is their "real" height, remember that), so the average woman is 5'8-5'9. So that last inch ensures I'm still as tall as the average woman in her heels.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:19 AM »

I'm still waiting for someone to do 3cm+3cm tibia/femur. Everyone keeps asking, what is the ideal way to lengthen, and monetary and time constraints aside, that is the answer. So do it!
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Chocolate Milk

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »

There was a thread about a guy who ended up 178 after 10 cm´s of lengthening, next to a guy who had this height naturally and the difference was enormous. The guy who got the lengthening looked like a child on stilts.

link? I want to see this for myself

Sweden

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »

link? I want to see this for myself

It is true. The guy who lengthened 10cm in one segment looked ridiculous.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Peaceout

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »

it must be interesting can you give us link for that guy.

Uppland

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2015, 10:41:37 PM »

it must be interesting can you give us link for that guy.

It's in some thread but I can't be bothered to look through all of them posted in the last 3 months.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up