Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Safest Leg Lengthening strategy  (Read 7171 times)

spaghetti743

Safest Leg Lengthening strategy
« on: November 25, 2015, 04:08:19 AM »

I want to increase a very large portion. Which below would be the safest and most reasonable to go about this surgery.

1) 3 surgeries (femur+tibias) of 5cm each surgery = 15cm

2) 2 surgeries (femur +tibias) of 8cm each surgery = 16cm

Or is there another method that would be safer and reasonable? I'm aiming for 15-18cm when i'm ready

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Safest Leg Lengthening strategy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »

Might as well just do 10cm on femurs and 8cm on tibias if you want to get to 18.  I don't think three surgeries will be necessary.

spaghetti743

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 04:18:03 AM »

I read other users say anything over 8cm in one surgery is suicide?

Alu

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 04:34:42 AM »

Kinda is...also ask yourself if it's worth becoming disproportionate. It can effect much more then just your looks, but also how you function in day to day life.

But if that doesn't bother you, which I consider naive, then the best choice would be 8 on femurs and 5-6 on Tibia. It's a safe amount on both segments.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:46:32 AM »

I read other users say anything over 8cm in one surgery is suicide?

It's not.  I know that people have done even more than 10cm on their femurs with Dr. Guichet and recovered.  He's an expert at lengthening the femurs by large amounts.  Dr. Jamal also says he'll do up to 11cm on femurs if your body can handle it.  That goes without saying, though; your body needs to be flexible and malleable enough to handle lengthening by any amount.

spaghetti743

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:50:15 AM »

Alu,

Can you give me more information about being disproportionate and how it would affect me? Or is there somewhere I can read about it?

Also your method would give me 13cm If I recover for a few years can I come back and do the last 2 cm? 15cm would give me my dream height.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 05:06:29 AM »

Sometimes it's not a matter of how much you want. It's a matter of how much money you have, how much your body can handle it, and how much time you have on your hands. I don't know which doctor you plan on going to, but I can assure you that 3 surgeries are going to expensive. How much your body can handle is anyone's guess. Most people only do internal femurs and then they stop. After experiencing it and realizing how much work you have to put into it, you might change your mind about tibias. I know I did after spending 5 months now in a wheelchair. I would suggest getting as much length on your femurs as possible - 8 cm or even 10 cm if you can. And to achieve that, you have to really do all of your PT and stretches, and then hope that your soft issue allows you to. You can't get 10 cm from Dr. Paley, but you can with Dr. Guichet. If you can't reach 10 cm on your first try, then you can attempt what YellowSpike is doing and return to Dr. Guichet after consolidating and break your femurs again to finish the rest of the 2 cm. And then do 6 cm or so on your tibs after you've finished consolidating on your femurs. That would probably be the safest and most reasonable. Remember that you put yourself at risk each time you go under surgery, especially if that surgeon isn't good.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Deads

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 03:07:07 PM »

It's not rocket science. If you want 15cm, then the closest you can safely and realistically achieve is 8cm fibs and then 6.5cm tibs (14.5cm) Those lengths are reccomended by Paley. The worlds leading surgeon in this procedure. This is the most realistic, safest and reasonable you are going to get.

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »

18cm? Holy sh*t. What about your torso:leg proportions and wingspan?

Agreed with Deads.
It's not rocket science. If you want 15cm, then the closest you can safely and realistically achieve is 8cm fibs and then 6.5cm tibs (14.5cm) Those lengths are reccomended by Paley. The worlds leading surgeon in this procedure. This is the most realistic, safest and reasonable you are going to get.

KrP1

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »

18cm? Holy sh*t. What about your torso:leg proportions and wingspan?

Agreed with Deads.

If you care about your aesthetics 18cm is a suicide. Im at 6.3cm in my femurs and im starting to see my torso/legs proportions at its limit. This is very individual but definitely i dont think that a normal proportioned person could do an amount like that and still look normal.

Penguinn

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »

If you care about your aesthetics 18cm is a suicide. Im at 6.3cm in my femurs and im starting to see my torso/legs proportions at its limit. This is very individual but definitely i dont think that a normal proportioned person could do an amount like that and still look normal.

I agree. I'm worried about doing 3 inches in femurs, I would never do 18cms. Would I love that height- of course, but I don't want to be a freak for the rest of my life.

spaghetti743

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 05:47:13 PM »

I seen a guy on abc news who lengthened from 5'6 to 6'2 he looked normal. What's the most I should lengthen so i'm not a freak?

spaghetti743

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 05:49:41 PM »

Is the price for Guichet still 65.500 Euro? By the time I save up it may increase, Should I aim to save 70k euro?

Alu

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »

You should save a lot more then just 70k. Considering travel, hotel, food, appliances, and more surgery if something ends up broken..you're gonna need a   load of money. I'd aim for 30k plus what the full cost of the surgery.

spaghetti743

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »

Alu,

I think i'm going to take your advice and lengthen 8 on femurs and 5 on Tibia. 12cm total will put me at slightly above average.

I should save up 100k for each surgery totaling at 200k? At the rate i'm at this will take me 9 years. In your opinion and everyone elses would it be better to go for a cheap doctor on this forum? I have to live with this decision for rest of my life but I absolutely dread waiting that long. What would you guys do?

Thank you for everyone who's answering my questions, your replies mean a lot to me.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 09:18:47 PM »

If you don't mind wearing the frames for 4 months, you could go LON/LATN and save a lot of money with no real increase in risk.  A doctor like Peng (China), Catagni (Italy), or Birkholz (South Africa) would not give you 2nd rate treatment in any way with externals.

Or, Dr. Jamal (Ukraine) also seems to have a good package deal for internals which includes everything, so 100k would more than cover both surgeries.  If I were in your position I'd probably go to him after 4.5 years of saving.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »

Alu,

I think i'm going to take your advice and lengthen 8 on femurs and 5 on Tibia. 12cm total will put me at slightly above average.

I should save up 100k for each surgery totaling at 200k? At the rate i'm at this will take me 9 years. In your opinion and everyone elses would it be better to go for a cheap doctor on this forum? I have to live with this decision for rest of my life but I absolutely dread waiting that long. What would you guys do?

Thank you for everyone who's answering my questions, your replies mean a lot to me.
I would do 8 cm on the femurs and then reevaluate my life at that point before deciding to do 5 more cm on tibia. I'm saying this because I went into this surgery with an open mind about doing tibs after femurs if all went well with femurs. I'm slightly below average, and doing tibs would put me above average. I put on some shoe lifts to get to above average height just to see how it looked. It looked like I was on stilts. I can get away with doing 8 cm and not looking weird. But adding 5 more cm to that, and I looked weird. And then losing about 5-6 months of my life to being handicap also sucked. I wouldn't want to do that again. I value my time too much to care about being above average in height.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:50:05 PM by DoingItForMe »
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

spaghetti743

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 10:16:35 PM »

8cm will put me at average height but I am very greedy. Even 5cm boots gives me much more attention, I can only imagine 13cm.

Thank you Water, i'm going to look up those Doctors on this forum and read about them tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up