Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Density of callus just before taking the external device off  (Read 1279 times)

sneg

• Visitor
Density of callus just before taking the external device off
« on: November 17, 2015, 04:20:37 AM »

I know the best party to ask this question are LL doctors, however I just wonder what LL veterans think of what should be the ideal density of callus when it is finally ok to take the external device off? Do you think the density in below picture is enough or not? Thanks for your feedbacks!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:26:14 AM by sneg »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Density of callus just before taking the external device off
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 06:03:33 AM »

That's not nearly enough density.

tx1111

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 09:56:59 AM »

I dont think so either. Just a few questions.

How long since initial operation?

How long since you stopped distraction?

What does your doctor think?

I ask these because I want to compare my consolidation with yours. Mine is not as much as yours though

Thanks

sneg

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 05:10:44 PM »

That's not nearly enough density.

MDOW, thanks for your reply. Then what should be ideal density? Can you post your density just before your devices were taken off?

How long since initial operation?

In 10 days it will be 6 month post op.

How long since you stopped distraction?

3 month.

What does your doctor think?

He is such a mother-fker that deals with only perspective or current patients. It takes forever to get his response if you have already done with LL. That's quite insulting, so I prefer not to contact him anymore. And that is the reason why I am asking the forum.

I ask these because I want to compare my consolidation with yours. Mine is not as much as yours though

What are your terms (i.e. how long post op? where are you at?) and can you post your density to compare?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:18:23 PM »

MDOW, thanks for your reply. Then what should be ideal density? Can you post your density just before your devices were taken off?

My legs were completely filled in, but that's because I had to wait several months before I could make it back to China for removal.  But the rule of thumb is that 3 of the 4 sides of your bone (front/back/left/right) need to be completely consolidated before the devices can come off.  You need to have both a front and side x-ray to tell if it's time or not, since from the front you can only see if the sides are consolidated, and from the side you can only see if the front/back are consolidated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up