Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choices in Doctor  (Read 4892 times)

PyroarGuy

• Visitor
Choices in Doctor
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:32 AM »

Who is generally acknoladged as being the safest and most reliable Doctor? Which procedure?

Alu

Re: Choices in Doctor
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:04:37 AM »

Who is generally acknoladged as being the safest and most reliable Doctor? Which procedure?

Need to start doing your own hw m8.

Anyways Paley, Guichet, and Monegal have basically proven themselves to be the best doctors (I also tried to rank them from the most expensive to the least). Paley is the most experienced and regarded as the best in the world, follow by Guichet who has also a lot of experience under his belt and is considered very conservative/safe. Monegal has recently shown to be an outstanding doctor who has had great results.

It's also worth noting they all preform internal methods, but with different nails. Paley with the Percice, Guichet with the Gnail, and Monegal with the Fitbone. Each is different and have their pros and cons. 

patientdad

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 01:49:22 AM »

My son went with Dr. Mahboubian in Los Angeles.  Good doctor, no problems for my son.  Gaining 8 cm is a huge benefit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:12:41 AM by patientdad »

Taller

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 01:50:17 AM »

My son with Dr. Mahboubian in Los Angeles.  Good doctor, no problems for my son.  Gaining 8 cm is a huge benefit.

Thanks for sharing. Did your son make a full recovery?

patientdad

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:13:23 AM »

Yes, his right leg is totally healed, but the left leg will take another month.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

Some have been mentioned already. If cost is also a factor, I'm thinking the safest option for the most inexpensive price is Parihar. With current exchange rate he only charges 12,634 EURO or $13,618 USD.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 08:05:07 PM »

Some have been mentioned already. If cost is also a factor, I'm thinking the safest option for the most inexpensive price is Parihar. With current exchange rate he only charges 12,634 EURO or $13,618 USD.

In 2016? We could be LL friendz :o

PyroarGuy

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »

How costly was he?

Madmax_01

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 06:07:24 PM »

Need to start doing your own hw m8.

Anyways Paley, Guichet, and Monegal have basically proven themselves to be the best doctors (I also tried to rank them from the most expensive to the least). Paley is the most experienced and regarded as the best in the world, follow by Guichet who has also a lot of experience under his belt and is considered very conservative/safe. Monegal has recently shown to be an outstanding doctor who has had great results.

It's also worth noting they all preform internal methods, but with different nails. Paley with the Percice, Guichet with the Gnail, and Monegal with the Fitbone. Each is different and have their pros and cons.

Would you really give Paley the gold medal - does Paley win against Guichet? I thought they are considered equally good.

aspirant185

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »

Why is Paley considered to be better than Guichet and Monegal ? Just because he is American and charges the most ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Alu

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 08:35:35 PM »

Would you really give Paley the gold medal - does Paley win against Guichet? I thought they are considered equally good.

Not really. Like I said each have their pros and cons. I'd have a hard time choosing between both him and Guichet in all honesty if price, among other personal factors where the exact same. Hell I'm thiking of Guichet a lot more recently considering my plan and how much more affordable it would be with him; but I'd hate to go to another country to do so and I want to have it all done in one go.

Why is Paley considered to be better than Guichet and Monegal ? Just because he is American and charges the most ?

His experience mainly. Considering that he has preformed thousands of limb lengthening surgeries, cosmetic and non-cosmetic. That doesn't mean complications won't occur, it's a case by case type of surgery, but I trust him to be able to minimize complications. One thing that does go against him, although this could be said about Guichet as well, is that he won't be there for you 100% of the time; but, and again could also be said about Guichet, he seems to have capable staff under his wing.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »

Paley and Guichet are both good although they have complications. Other doctors are a gamble and they aren't there for you if something happens. It's just a business issue for them. They don't want people to know about their bad results because that would cause them to loose customers.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Madmax_01

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »

In my opinion Dr Monegal is the best. He performs lots of surgeries, many of them to fix problems caused by other doctors, and he never talks crap about them.
It's true I've had complications, but he has been a very supportive doctor and hasn't abandoned me, like other doctors do. I prefer him over the rest of them, including Paley and Guichet.

Is Dr. Monegal present during the whole lenghtening process unlike the other MD's ?

PatientZero

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 01:30:59 AM »

Below is my ranking for internal doctors based purely on personal opinions. These were the only doctors I considered for lengthening given their popularity in cosmetic CLL circles.

I had in person consultations with half the surgeons on my list, and looked past their personal styles because I knew they were all experts--it came down to (1) money and (2) logistics.

Tier 1 - Paley, Guichet, Betz, Baumgart

These guys are innovators in their fields, all have invented or had significant inputs into the creation of a nail. Main reason is they have lots of experience performing this surgery.

Tier 2 - Lee, Mahboubian, Monegal, Birkholtz

Up and coming doctors, and future Tier 1s. They are very young for orthopedic surgeons, so their weakness is having few to moderate amounts of bilateral LL cases using internal nails (as of Jan. 2016).  If they continue to have a successful career, I think they'll eventually do the most cosmetic implants in their respective countries.

Recent American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) surveys have shown the average full-time practicing orthopedic surgeon is 49.2 years old and the average age of part-time orthopedic surgeon is 66.7 years.

You'd be in good hands with any of these guys, though.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »

I have to ask then PatientZero, would you ever be willing to say whom you had consultations with and what you thought of each of them. I know and hope you're planning on doing a sort of Q&A type journal later so if you could include that, that would be much appreciated.

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 02:03:54 AM »

Sarin was in 2nd tier some years ago and he is at the bottom now because of dishonesty.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

PatientZero

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 02:13:29 AM »

I have to ask then PatientZero, would you ever be willing to say whom you had consultations with and what you thought of each of them. I know and hope you're planning on doing a sort of Q&A type journal later so if you could include that, that would be much appreciated.

Yeah, I'll send you a PM. I'd do anyone a disservice by slandering them in a public forum.  :P
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »

how much did he charge for the entire ll surgery? Would you mind if you share it thanks

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 04:35:28 PM »

Monegal is not at the same level than Paley and Guichet. He has had some bad results which have to be fixed by other doctors. I wouldn't say he is second tier, but third.
Betz isn't 1st tier. He has had many bad results fixed by other doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up