Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KNEE PAIN SUBJECT AGAIN  (Read 2665 times)

Soopz

KNEE PAIN SUBJECT AGAIN
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »

So with my budget and time I'm increasingly looking towards LON tibias op.

The one issue I keep worrying about is the knee pain. Is it going to have be the trade off for my height, it worries me a lot. I'm very active in sports and running which I love. But like most you guys my height is making me miserable.

So EVERYONE ALL VETS THAT HAVE DONE  LIN/LATN INTERNAL TIBIAS.

What are your KNEES like?

Has anyone managed to avoid this problem other than external only??

Thanks guys

jfk

Re: KNEE PAIN SUBJECT AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:18:13 PM »

I did LATN. No knee pain when standing, walking, sitting or lying.

Only when kneeling on a hard surface I feel pain.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »

MDOW said he had knee pain issues when kneeling on a hard surface, but he also said that recently he hasn't noticed any knee pain.

Maybe it's something that just takes a while to get over.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »

MDOW said he had knee pain issues when kneeling on a hard surface, but he also said that recently he hasn't noticed any knee pain.

Maybe it's something that just takes a while to get over.

The pain is almost negligible now when I kneel with my feet flexed, but when I kneel with my feet extended (top of the feet on the ground) it hurts.  My local orthopedic surgeon says this could be due to a condition called patella baja, a permanent lowering of the kneecap.  I have a minor case of it (a few mm), but I witnessed some people in Beijing getting it really badly, some measuring it in cm rather than mm.  :o

Devildog 0331

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 04:06:38 AM »

I did LATN. No knee pain when standing, walking, sitting or lying.

Only when kneeling on a hard surface I feel pain.

Jfk,

How many cm did you lengthen?

Do u think there is a long term recovering difference lengthening 5cm vs 6.5cm on tibias?

tx1111

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:35:36 AM »

I did Lon. Im 6 months post op and no pain. I have not tried kneeling on hard surfaces yet but it does not feel like there would be pain.

jfk

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »

Jfk,

How many cm did you lengthen?

Do u think there is a long term recovering difference lengthening 5cm vs 6.5cm on tibias?

I did 8 cm.

No one can answer this question. There are no studies about that. There is not even a study about if it is possible to recover to 100 %. I highly doubt that you ever can recover 100 % no matter which doctor or how many centimeters you lengthen.

There are two types of guys: The ones who say they are not at 100 % and I believe them.
And the ones who say there are what there were before. They are like: I am as explosive as before or I am as fast as before. But my question always is: How do you know?

Did you measure your explosiveness before and after? Did you run 100 meters before and after and measure the time? Did you measure your stamina before and after?

Of course they did not. It is just a feeling they have. That is not a proof. That is just a feeling.

What I am saying is: If you get your legs broken you will never get to what you were before. As long as I dont see any studies proving me wrong I dont believe it.

Taller

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 03:58:17 PM »

Shyshy can run 400 meters in 55 seconds after 7.5 CM LL. that's faster than anyone on my high school running team back in the day. He can leg press 270kg. To me that's one hell of a recovery. Pessimists will be pessimists. Of course individual recoveries vary, but it is not impossible to be in very very good athletic condition post LL.

Alu

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »

I think the amount you length and how fast you length is vital: the most important part of LL. Not everybody is the same so it will all vary from person to person.

jfk

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »

Shyshy can run 400 meters in 55 seconds after 7.5 CM LL. that's faster than anyone on my high school running team back in the day. He can leg press 270kg. To me that's one hell of a recovery. Pessimists will be pessimists. Of course individual recoveries vary, but it is not impossible to be in very very good athletic condition post LL.

I dont know if you witnessed him running 400 meters in 55 seconds but I only have seen a video of him running 84 meters. That was it. But it is not important anyway. No doubt his recovery is good. No one claims that you can not have a good recovery after LL.

The point is: You can not get back in the state that you were before. That is a big difference.

You can not just post a video running 84 meters and say: I am back to where I was before.

What we need are studies with patients being tested profundly in physical power/endurance before and after with standard exercises. Then we have real data. Then we have scientific proof if it is possible or not to get back to what you were before.

For now we can say: Yes there are people with a good recovery. Nothing more is proven.

Like I said before: I highly doubt you can achieve the same results before and after LL.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »

There was something posted on the forum like a study that showed the strength drop long after leg lengthening was only something like 3% from original levels. Endurance is more affected than strength I guess.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!
Pages: [1]   Go Up