Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia 3cm lengthening  (Read 12339 times)

Joel

Tibia 3cm lengthening
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »

I am 165cm tall I measured my tibia to be only 6cm shorter than my femur bone which 18cm and the tibia is 12cm.  However I don't really want to do a longer tibia than 3- 4 cm as it would mess my leg up.  I'm thinking of 3cm doing the Salemfix method as the device is slightly more comfortable and since I work out so much and have big leg muscles I don't think doing 5cm on my tibia would be a great idea.  I think 3cm as the first surgery which would make my tibia one inch longer followed by external femurs at a much better doctor for 5cm 10 years down the road would be a great idea.

5'6 with shoes puts you basically to 5'7 I wouldn't mine being one inch taller, and 5'6 isn't a terrible height.  Doing 5cm internal femurs much later would be nice my wingspan is 168cm and I have narrow shoulders so doing more than 5'8 without AL would be a horrible idea.  I'm 61 kilo down 80 kilo doing body building and thinking and going to 57kg if not 55 prior to the surgery to make muscles in my legs slightly smaller and more lean is a good idea.  I have HUG calves already which is way I would not want my leg any longer than 3cm.  Probably a couple years after I'de have 17 inch calves @ 5'6 which is quite impressive!

Any ideas on this I have asked about this before everyone told me to do more however I really don't think because of my wingspin that I can do LL more than that as it will look stupid.  5cm will make the muscle to stretched out I am currently doing calisthenics 3 times a week eating 1750kcal instead of 2200 and increasing my flexibility I am almost able to do the spilts again so I think that would be a good time to do the LL Surgery on the tibia. 

Thoughts?  Do more or do the femur first?   5'8 is not bad where I live 5'7 or even 5'6 looks normal I actually don't feel short for where I live most people here are quite short in general.   I'm 23 years old now I am going to do this @ 25 I have decided and started putting money towards it.

5'5 manlet of peace

theuprising

Re: Tibia 3cm lengthening
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:42:37 PM »

If this ever happens and that is a big "IF" you have to do a diary. You'll have the best recovery of any LL patient that's for sure lol.

Joel

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 11:39:39 PM »

If this ever happens and that is a big "IF" you have to do a diary. You'll have the best recovery of any LL patient that's for sure lol.
been posting about the big 3cm a while now bro will do for sure many people on here want to do 3cm as well will serve as a great example
5'5 manlet of peace

Soopz

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

Hey man,

Same boat as you, looking gain 2.5cm tibia. I activity play sport and inch really make world difference me to. I'm 171cm at moment.

I want easy recovery!

ramujp17

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »

me too, i am also intrested in doing 3 cms
current height-163 cm dream height-167 cm

Devildog 0331

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 04:01:19 AM »

Im approximately 163cm

Im no expert but to go through LL and only lengthen 3cm doesnt make much sense. I dont think LL should be something you speed through.

I think you should lengthen at least 4-5cm

Im planning on lengthening 6-7cm on my femurs but if I had to do tibias I would only do 5-6cm.

Alu

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 05:26:25 AM »

Honestly doing 3 cm is not a well though out plan. I highly believe you need to rethink what this surgery is about: breaking your perfectly good body for a height gain of about an inch is just not worth it. 5 CM (inches) should be the minimum; ensures the absolute best recovery and value for this surgery. In the end however I'm of the mindset that you have absolutely every right to do whatever you want to your body so by all means go for it if you please (hell you might even aim higher during the process). But first things first....buy some Nike Air Max.

Ozymandias

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:47:58 AM »

Actually I think that 5 cm should be the maximum (maybe a bit more if you do femurs)

I would go for 4 - 4.5 cm on tibias, and 5 - 5.5 cm on femurs.

ramujp17

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 07:28:53 AM »

Im approximately 163cm

Im no expert but to go through LL and only lengthen 3cm doesnt make much sense. I dont think LL should be something you speed through.

I think you should lengthen at least 4-5cm

Im planning on lengthening 6-7cm on my femurs but if I had to do tibias I would only do 5-6cm.

i also have height neurosis like everyone else in this forum but for me doing ll is to get 165cm so that i can qualify for the police force in my country, then there is the question of whether i will be selected and will i be able to perfrom all the activities of a cop and all, but i haven't decided on anything and i am looking in this forum to find someone who has done under5 cm and how its affected his overall physical endurance
current height-163 cm dream height-167 cm

Libertin

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 12:21:48 AM »

Sorry to say that but 3cm don't make a difference and it's not worth the money, the scars, the potential damage and reduced physical fitness once "recovered".
If you do more cm, your body looks out of proportion and you become even more unathletic.
I cannot understand why so many people want longer legs at all costs. Rather be short but strong and explosive than long and floppy.

Penguinn

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 06:02:51 AM »

Are you sure 3cm is worth it?

G-Man

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »

Well it's more than an inch, excellent recovery.  I don't see anything wrong with that!

Taller

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »

Not worth it imo. You're still looking at at around 4 months to get your frames off, and you don't know if you'll ever be like you were before.

Penguinn

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »

Well it's more than an inch, excellent recovery.  I don't see anything wrong with that!

Except spending a  load of money, time and endurance on an inch that is. Might as well get your effort's worth if you do LL, not saying do 20cms but at least 5.

Devildog 0331

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »

Except spending a crapload of money, time and endurance on an inch that is. Might as well get your effort's worth if you do LL, not saying do 20cms but at least 5.

I agree definitely not worth an inch but everyone has the right to their own opinion. If you only wants 3cm let him do it. I personally think 4-5cm should be the minimum.

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 06:36:53 AM »

OP, 165cm is 5'5".

G-Man

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »

Most of the people here are looking for the maximum possible gain and it should be the opposite.  The lower you lengthen the better it is, simple logic.  The minimum personal acceptable gain should be the norm.

OP's height is already decent in his country, kudos to him for his self-control.  There is a reason why most doctors don't recommend going above 5cm.  A lot of lengtheners said that things were getting rough at the 4-5cm mark so listening to your body is always a good thing.  At 3cm he should have an amazing recovery, excellent function and he'll be more than an inch taller.  His second LL will give him a total of 8cm, keeping his proportions and function in check.  His plan is perfect except maybe doing 3.5+4.5 cm to keep the 80% ratio of tib/femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:52 PM »

Most of the people here are looking for the maximum possible gain and it should be the opposite.  The lower you lengthen the better it is, simple logic.  The minimum personal acceptable gain should be the norm.

OP's height is already decent in his country, kudos to him for his self-control.  There is a reason why most doctors don't recommend going above 5cm.  A lot of lengtheners said that things were getting rough at the 4-5cm mark so listening to your body is always a good thing.  At 3cm he should have an amazing recovery, excellent function and he'll be more than an inch taller.  His second LL will give him a total of 8cm, keeping his proportions and function in check.  His plan is perfect except maybe doing 3.5+4.5 cm to keep the 80% ratio of tib/femurs.

Then why not do the exact opposite and not do LL at all? You'll have 100% recovery, zero pain, no money and time loss, no complications. Not being rude, but I highly doubt 1 inch is going to change anything significantly. Unless going from 5'5 to 5'6 is going to give OP a HUGE mental boost.

Taller

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »

Then why not do the exact opposite and not do LL at all? You'll have 100% recovery, zero pain, no money and time loss, no complications. Not being rude, but I highly doubt 1 inch is going to change anything significantly. Unless going from 5'5 to 5'6 is going to give OP a HUGE mental boost.

I agree.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »

I can tell you that 3 cm's do make a difference. I've started using lifts recently and going from 178 to 181 is a huge difference. The lifts bring me from low average to perfect average.
Now that I know that I'd be happy with this gain, I seriously consider 3-4cm's on my femurs.
That's just my personal experience though, I guess it varies from person to person.

Taller

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »

For a 3CM gain, lifts are a much better option than LL. I agree that 181 is better than 178, but would you actually go through all the pain and trauma of LL for that improvement? Especially when you could do 5-6CM almost as easily?

G-Man

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 12:21:59 AM »

You seem to forget that the OP wants 8 cm total, which is too much for one segment so he has to split.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 01:21:23 AM »

For a 3CM gain, lifts are a much better option than LL. I agree that 181 is better than 178, but would you actually go through all the pain and trauma of LL for that improvement? Especially when you could do 5-6CM almost as easily?
If I somehow decide that I want to get the lengthening done with an external device, 3-4cm's seem to be quit a good idea. I do agree though that it might be a waste of money for internals.
I just wanted to point out that 3 cm's aren't as unsignificant as it was stated above. At least it's the case for me, If I was born 181, I woudln't even think about LL.

Soopz

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »

My opinion is that a inch makes a huge difference especially if your below 5'8.
Also when you guys say "why risk it for 3cm when you can 5cm?" Surly at 5cm the recovery is longer and long term athletic ability is hindered and actually less chance of full pre LL fitness?

It almost actually makes more sense to get 3cm than 5cm. Especially when an inch does make a difference. And you might gain full recovery, rather than being disabled for an extra 2cm??

For me It's about not being short and not about being tall!

Penguinn

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 09:17:47 PM »

My opinion is that a inch makes a huge difference especially if your below 5'8.
Also when you guys say "why risk it for 3cm when you can 5cm?" Surly at 5cm the recovery is longer and long term athletic ability is hindered and actually less chance of full pre LL fitness?

It almost actually makes more sense to get 3cm than 5cm. Especially when an inch does make a difference. And you might gain full recovery, rather than being disabled for an extra 2cm??
Because LL is overkill for just 3cm?

Alu

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »

For all the pain, money, time, and possible future complications, 3 cm just seems so not worth it. Most sneakers give you 3 cms, if you really want 3 cm then I just recommend getting sneakers. 4.5-5 cm is more reasonable. From what I've gathered 5 cm doesn't even cost that much in terms of recovery; it seems like such a waste to just do 3 cm if that's all you're going to do.

With that in mind I'm generally supportive of OP's plan. I'd say aim for at least 4.5 CM in his case but generally don't just get an inch, it is overkill.

Uppland

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 10:11:24 PM »

While I agree that most people here lengthen too much, especially since at least two surgeons have said that going over 5 cm in tibs and 6 in femurs isn't recommeded, 3 cm seems hardly worth it.

I personally think the ideal length is somewhere between 4-6 cm. Better too little than too much in this case.

G-Man

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 10:27:58 PM »

Just saying that most people who did 6cm+ on tibs seem to have problems to various degrees and even regrets.  It seems proper to limit tibs to 5 IF possible, personally I wouldn't do more than 4 on tibs as they seem punctilious somehow.

Femurs seem a lot more forgiving as a lot of people who did around 7 don't seem to have major problems but I wouldn't go past 6.5 to keep things safe.  It is a personal opinion, of course.

Soopz

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 09:49:28 PM »

well I'd genuinely be extreme happy to gain an inch and be bumped up to round 5'9 and probley have the best recovery and rid my height nuerosis!

Rather than walk round like a cripple rest my life missing out on simple natural normal pleasures like be able to run and jump!

Each to their own! You don't need be tall to get girls, literally average height and a decent face, body and banter  will get you there.

Penguinn

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 12:51:52 AM »

Let me put it this way:

You're a 5'6 man with some muscle aches every now and then. A genie asks you if you would trade 1 inch of height for tens of thousands of dollars, half a year of free time back, and no more complications. Would you do it? I would, I think most people would too.

Soopz

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

I wouldn't give up an inch of my height £1,000,000.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up