Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making videos about LL and stuff  (Read 1917 times)

Joel

Making videos about LL and stuff
« on: October 12, 2015, 04:00:37 PM »

I kind of was thinking of making videos about this forum dicussing common questions about LL so that people can understand it.  Such as a spoof video on why you should not do more than 5cm on your tibia externally.  Or not doing 9cm on your femur.  Just things that people can see then at the end of the video show people who have (with their permission) this could be a private youtube channel for only this forum by invite only.  I got a week off my goal is to post a video which is kind of neat and funny about why you should not do more than 5cm on your tibia.  Because it's asked ALL the time, maybe some about diaries of people who do this and worked well for them who did do 9cm and it did work out.  But show the challenge and effort it took I'm not biased and I want to put videos of more about the external LL doctors as we all know internal is better. 

However everyone here and most of us can only afford external LL.  So it's not like we want to do internal really.  The point of this is to answer common questions, put out more advice.  Somehow this could be like some sort of channel where we could also review external tibia devices, fit bone, and lastly internal since most people can see that as it's easy to find videos about the precise rod.  If you think a video should be changed or something let me know I have all week this week to do this one video.  It will be basically be about why you should not LL more than 5cm but I am not going to make it about why you can't do it.  But more like a reason to show how that extra 1-3cm above can greatly affect the healing process.
5'5 manlet of peace

Joel

Re: Making videos about LL and stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »

Reserved for brainstorming ideas on tibia video,

you can now post after this.
5'5 manlet of peace

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »

Yeah, or at least make a proper FAQ sticky with proper references.

theuprising

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »

Won't work and a waste of your time.

The info is already there in multiple threads also there is now a FAQ with Dr Franz Birkholtz where he mentions the complications both short term and permanent that can occur with doing more lengthening than the recommended limits which have once again been mentioned numerous times. However it seems no matter how often this is mentioned both on this forum and the other one people still keep asking.

I feel like we do this we're just coddling retards who are too lazy to use the search bar. This is a major surgery and if someone is too lazy and stupid to search out the information which is here in multiple threads they should not be having it. The inane questions are one of the reasons experienced posters leave. I also get the feeling some people come on this forum just to practice their English from some of the threads I've read.

Joel

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 09:00:11 PM »

Won't work and a waste of your time.

The info is already there in multiple threads also there is now a FAQ with Dr Franz Birkholtz where he mentions the complications both short term and permanent that can occur with doing more lengthening than the recommended limits which have once again been mentioned numerous times. However it seems no matter how often this is mentioned both on this forum and the other one people still keep asking.

I feel like we do this we're just coddling retards who are too lazy to use the search bar. This is a major surgery and if someone is too lazy and stupid to search out the information which is here in multiple threads they should not be having it. The inane questions are one of the reasons experienced posters leave. I also get the feeling some people come on this forum just to practice their English from some of the threads I've read.
I agree with you these videos will be just another means to get the message across.
5'5 manlet of peace

theuprising

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »

Still think it's a waste of time but if you feel the need I wish you the best.

Taller

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »

I remember that Leechlet made some really good videos about LL. he even documented his own LL process and his thoughts about it as it happenedin great detail on a YouTube channel. He even recorded and posted short personal interviews with Dr. Guichet. I thought it made a great resource for other LLers and potential LLers. Sadly, Leechlet later lost his mind and took the entire channel down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up