Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me prepare.  (Read 1659 times)

Uppland

Help me prepare.
« on: September 30, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »

My LL is drawing closer as my determination have increased. I have almost secured funding from my parents though they are still concerned about my safety and they doubt I will actually go through with it.

Before I book my consultation with Guichet I need to prepare physically. I stretch everyday and I'm going to buy a gym card to build my leg muscles (should I?). I aim to do the surgery within a year.

What else can you recommend to help me prepare?

Thank you guys, you have been such a help this whole time.

chsn

Re: Help me prepare.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

Guichet was my first choice too...However, his a bit out of my price range, whish I could be funded by parents too:)....My surgery is in 2-3 months with Monegal....I started stretching january first 2015, 5-7 days a week for 1 hour each time....My flexibility was terrible since I never strethed my lower limbs before, 60-70 on slr....now 9 months later its 110...Of course you should pump your lower limbs. Bigger muscles means more blood supply, which will help during healing....Also the bone gets stronger with more muscles on them.....Guichet är lätt det bästa valet, önskar dig all lycka mannen!

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 05:33:34 PM »

Guichet was my first choice too...However, his a bit out of my price range, whish I could be funded by parents too:)....My surgery is in 2-3 months with Monegal....I started stretching january first 2015, 5-7 days a week for 1 hour each time....My flexibility was terrible since I never strethed my lower limbs before, 60-70 on slr....now 9 months later its 110...Of course you should pump your lower limbs. Bigger muscles means more blood supply, which will help during healing....Also the bone gets stronger with more muscles on them.....Guichet är lätt det bästa valet, önskar dig all lycka mannen!

Another Swede!

Let's take this conversation via PM's.

Taller

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »

Congratulations on convincing your parents and getting their support.

Strengthen your hip adductors and abductors (adductor longus & brevis) so that you dont develop a wide-legged stance like Leechlet did).

You mentioned that your parents don't think you'll go through with LL. Do you think you parents will still fund you when they realize that you actually are dead serious about it?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »

If you're already in touch with Guichet via mails, just ask him for advice I'm sure he knows best.
How did you convince your parents to pay for this surgery? My parents are pretty conservative when it comes to this. I can only lay aside what I get from them as pocket money.

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »

Well my folks know this has bothered me a lot, they tell me money isn't the issue but that they are very concerned about my safety.

Perhaps they will it oppose it once they realize I am serious, or perhaps they will decide to support me. So far they have at least listened as I've explained.

If you're already in touch with Guichet via mails, just ask him for advice I'm sure he knows best.
How did you convince your parents to pay for this surgery? My parents are pretty conservative when it comes to this. I can only lay aside what I get from them as pocket money.

I'm not in contact with Guichet yet as I am, well, really out of shape. I figure I need at least a couple of months to prepare my body and I don't want to bother him until I truly am ready to do the surgery.

G-Man

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »

Actually I would do the opposite.  Meet him asap so he'll tell you how to prepare.

AnotherLevel

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »

Hi Uppland

I'm also planning on going with Guichet. Can I ask you your height and what gains your shooting for?

I'm thinking 6cm and I'm 168cm currently but do worry about proportions.

Uppland

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 12:53:07 PM »

Hi Uppland

I'm also planning on going with Guichet. Can I ask you your height and what gains your shooting for?

I'm thinking 6cm and I'm 168cm currently but do worry about proportions.

I'm 178 and aiming for 5CM, also worried about proportions.

Taller

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »

Also, if you meet Dr. Guichet now, and he tells you how to prepare, and you then come back a year later in really good shape, he will know for sure that you are a committed and serious patient, important considering that Dr. Guichet is quite selective in who he will take as a patient, unlike Dr. Betz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up