Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scars  (Read 5312 times)

Soopz

Scars
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:00:21 PM »

What are the extent of the scars left by external tibia lengthing? Be very noticeable when wearing shorts? Anyone got any photos?

Cheers LL'ers

theuprising

Re: Scars
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 06:03:40 PM »

If you want them removed I think MDOW did this, however if you have hairy legs I don't think it will be that bad. I've seen some guys who have also covered them up with tattoos if you are into that.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:52:36 AM »

can internal method avoid the scars?

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »

is there any medicine to help scaring? or surgery for scars after lengthening?

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 04:46:25 PM »

Internals have negligible scars which fade away with time.But with externals the scars are too much so im thinking of opting for internals actually!
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 04:10:18 AM »

The scars from the pinsites of external frames are the easiest to remove; they're the most responsive to scar excision surgery.  This applies to tibias only, though.  External femur scars are big and horrible.  I wouldn't do external femurs unless it was the only option.

DreamKamchatka

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 06:39:18 PM »

The scars from the pinsites of external frames are the easiest to remove; they're the most responsive to scar excision surgery.  This applies to tibias only, though.  External femur scars are big and horrible.  I wouldn't do external femurs unless it was the only option.
How about LON? It has feature of both internal and external method. So it can scar worst!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »

Yes, LON and LATN have the worst scarring.

MRbones

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 09:47:45 PM »

I know with mitkovics device the scars don't come together. the pins triangulate, with normal monorails the pins are parallel, this means as you lengthen the drag marks all come together(for normal parallel monorails) this causes really bad scaring.

theuprising

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:47 PM »

Im so scared because of scars... It seems some scars cannot be removed. Thats what I have been told. Lets see...

Once formed scars cannot be removed. It is the bodies natural response to injuries of a certain depth. However the shape can be altered through surgery such as excision eg turning a pin site scar into a line scar or softened using resurfacing techniques such as laser.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Scars/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Pages: [1]   Go Up