Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you were me..  (Read 5377 times)

Soopz

If you were me..
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »

I'm looking to gain 2.5cm! (Yes I really want to go through LL and gain just an inch).

So what in all your opinions what would be the best option of LL?  I'm at cross roads! External femur heals fast but is high risk and leaves deep scars, unless internal which I can't afford!  Tibias external with LON/LATN can lead to perment knee pain! With just external tibias can take much longer to consolidate than femur, but less scars!! I want my inch, but how should I get it??
All suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: If you were me..
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:10:46 PM »

Get external-only tibia lengthening.

drewicz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »

What? Internal femor.... is the most safe.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »

I wouldn't do LL for an inch in the first place, but if you can't afford internal femurs do externals on tibias. Well known fact that external femurs hurt like a mother.

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 03:47:02 PM »

Do external femurs really Hurt like  a Mother?  :-\
Apart from bluebarbie is there a current poster who is doing or has done that? I would like to Know.

Haven't read diaries of it but it's a fact I see people repeating often.

Edit: Not hard to believe why cages on femurs would be extra uncomfortable too. :-X

MRbones

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 09:53:22 PM »

dozer did cages, cross lateral. he has a diary.

from dozer
Femur is much worse for me in terms of both pain and discomfort. I'd rate tibia 2/10 and femur 8/10. Lengthening tibias externally is easy in my opinion, and rather comfortable also, well at least when compared to external femurs. If you can afford, do femurs internally. Lengthening femurs externally isn't a walk in a park. Have you ever played Call of Duty? You know it has a difficulty level called "You will not survive." - that's about external femurs.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.62

microman

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »

some guy did external femurs a few days a go with mitkovic, he said pain wasn't too bad, the doctor said pain is individual.

seems like mitkovic often does external femur with his monorail, he has an internal device as well but with that if there is misalingment you have to get an operation to fix it.

MRbones

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »

microman you make so many mistakes on convosations.

even after you spoke to me and I said it was a big deal doing external femurs you came on the forum and said that external femurs was not a big deal after speaking to me.

mitkovic rarely ever does external femurs, and I am in contact with the only 2 people who did it in the last many years. 1 is a guy(that you spoke to) 1 is a girl.

microman if you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't speak.

-----------------------------------

they guy that microman is talking about actually said that he had next to zero pain for tibia and that there is a lot more pain compared to tibia, also he is on day 7 and so hes still in the hospital and can get injectable painkillers at will. so he cant really describe the pain level even if he wanted to.

he describes his condition as impossible to contract his femur muscle, forget standing or even lifting the leg or even using the muscle in any shape or form. he said to me personally that this external femurs is soo much harder than tibia. there is a lot more pain.

microman, you never seem to actually state what people tell you for some weird reason.

however this guy will probably have less pain than me because he is more flexible tissues(also muscles are much smaller), if you have more muscles and more testosterone you will have a lot more pain. this is why girls have a much easier time with external femurs.

dozer, me, and the 1 guy and 1 girl(from mitkovic) all say the exact same story.
and ps: also mitkovic doesn't do cosmetic external femurs a lot.
ps: internals are impossible in Serbia microman, mitkovic personally told me.
ps: the internal device you mentioned is not a option he almost got sued for using it because it lengthened uncontrollably. there is no internal device. even if there was there is no viable c arm fluoroscopy machine so it cant be used even if there was a device.

crimsontide

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 01:51:33 AM »

externals take forever to recover from

microman

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 06:15:45 AM »

i can only say what the doctor told me, he said that that guy didn't have much pain.

bluebarbie

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »

As an individual who has done it, I woud always say no to external femurs Lon, latn, with monorails or cages. No, never please.
I seem very happy with my new height, i have changed and everything, yes. But who would believe when i tell them never do it if they ask me for advise on wanting to follow my path. ..because i still feel like suicide on somedays.
External femur is a very very hard battle in which kill or be killed. Conquer all severe pain and battle over joint stiffness each and everyday. Worries, frustrations and depressions beat you up. Unless you have all the courage and strongest mind i bet its impossibe to survive this battle.
And even if u overcome the battle, stiff joints and really nasty scars may still haunt you. Im in that state , two months post nail exchange with latn and i still dont know how long would i need to bear with it.
I m a very happy and boho type of girl with very very strong will and motivations so i always find out ways to overcome my depression and frustrations yets there are still days which i cry my heart out and feel like suicide. The only thing that got me going is that 8cms whch i wanted soooo much and even my doctor commanded me and seriously wanted me to stop at 6 to 7 cms, i cried to him stating it is my decision and i promised him over and over again i would never give up and work really hard for full recovery until he let me. Including my doctor is a very good person who let me have no complications and always aware of them. Always had been supportive and be there for me even out of hs working hours.
Maybe that 8 cms is a contribution to my current state, i dont know. My starting height was pretty bad plus my femurs were unproportionally short compared to my tibs. And that 8cms did a really big change to me physically and mentally too. So all the people out there wanting external femurs just decide for urself upon my journey. Once u conquer everything thats it for you. Nothing can drag u down again physically or mentally. You' ll be a much taller,  stronger minded person. But there is just very lil chance for u to win if u do more than 5 cms. Good luck everyone.

Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »

If i were u,I would not have the surgery.but then again I aint u.Also 2.5cm gain is easily and definitely possible through stretching and u can gain it in like 2 months.its faster than surgery and a lot times better than it.
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 11:15:03 PM »

I'm very sorry you're going through such a physical and mental struggle right now, bluebarbie. We're here to help you so feel free to vent all you want if you're feeling frustrated. It definitely helped me when I was having a hard time. Keep your chin up.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

sadboy

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 12:51:46 AM »

Bluebarbie,

Please stay strong. You remind me of myself from what you are saying. Those feelings and suicide. It is also a reason why I cancelled my LL because there was a high chance I would still be depressed... Don't hesitate to talk to us :)

MRbones

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:21 AM »

you are very strong blue Barbie. I think you should be very proud of your hard work. you have done an amazing job of getting to 8cm.

pain is temporary, height is forever.

I could not get as far as you, I got to 5.5, was aiming for 5.8 or 6cm, and about an hour ago something in my femur gave way and tore. I was in more pain than I care to go into detail for, I cried for the first time since I was a child, I wasn't trying to cry just the tears just came automatically. this is hard for everyone. I can only imagine what it feels like to go to 8cm. but stick with it, because soon this nightmare will be over and you will live the rest of your life taller and happy. as for me im stopping at 5.5cm. I am happy with that.

I think you should look into 2 things,
1)organic saint johns wart. and magnesium supplements.
2)medical marijuana oil. im not taking it but it can do wonders for soft tissue healing from what I hear.

either way perseverance and determination will get you through this. good luck.

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:08 AM »

o not do it

its not worth it

microman

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 05:26:26 AM »

great news on your accomplishment,as i said before i would never do external femur i was just saying what noe of the doctors told me about it, he was acting like there was not much difference between external tibia and femur lol.

id really like it if you kept us up to date somewhere about this as there have been so few cases of back to back LL including external femur of all things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up