Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reasons a doctor might reject a patient  (Read 1886 times)

Alu

Reasons a doctor might reject a patient
« on: September 19, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »

Title pretty much says it all.

What would some reason, physical or psychological for why a doctor (whether a top or low experienced doctor) would reject someone if they wanted to undergo LL. Now obviously I'm talking about the doctors that DO LL. I'm thinking maybe some medical condition that effects bones would be an example of one. Anyone else care to chime in.

Penguinn

Re: Reasons a doctor might reject a patient
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:40:47 AM »

-Some medical condition/existing bone problems.
-Depression/mental illness.
-Patient already being very tall, doctors ruling LL off for them.
-Patient demanding an exorbitant amount/being unrealistic/unprepared for the surgery.

Some doctors have their special conditions. For example, Dr. Parihar won't operate if you don't have someone that will help take care of you through the process.

sadboy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 12:26:07 PM »

-Some medical condition/existing bone problems.
-Depression/mental illness.
-Patient already being very tall, doctors ruling LL off for them.
-Patient demanding an exorbitant amount/being unrealistic/unprepared for the surgery.

Some doctors have their special conditions. For example, Dr. Parihar won't operate if you don't have someone that will help take care of you through the process.

You are wrong about depression. Many people who undergo LL are depressed about their height.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:07:06 AM »

You are wrong about depression. Many people who undergo LL are depressed about their height.

Severe depression is another thing. I've never been in it but I doubt it's the same as a complex.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:52:26 AM »

I don't think depression per se would be such a limiting factor. I think the main concern of the doctor would be how  your depression will affect your mental well being given the strenuous nature of the whole LL. Now if your medical records reveal that you have major depressive disorder and have been admitted to a psychiatric facility as a result of suicide attempts then yes they may deny your candidacy as an LL patient.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.
Pages: [1]   Go Up