Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL On Same Segment Twice  (Read 1850 times)

Bohemia

LL On Same Segment Twice
« on: September 09, 2015, 07:41:39 PM »

For curiosity sakeā€”has anyone ever done LL on the same segment twice?
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

Taller

Re: LL On Same Segment Twice
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »

Dr. Salameh has a parient who did 16CM on his tibiae in two surgeries and Dr. Guichet has one who did 16 or 18 CM on his femurs in two surgeries. Doesn't mean you or anyone else should.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

God damn... I feel like anyone who indicated that they wanted to do that much length on a single segment should have been denied surgery from the get go.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

jfk

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:44 PM »

God damn... I feel like anyone who indicated that they wanted to do that much length on a single segment should have been denied surgery from the get go.

They should not be denied.
Some people say limb lengthening for cosmetic purposes should be forbidden.

We are happy that doctors dont deny us. Dont stand in front of someone's happiness. Even when we can not understand it and never would do the same.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »

They should not be denied.
Some people say limb lengthening for cosmetic purposes should be forbidden.

We are happy that doctors dont deny us. Dont stand in front of someone's happiness. Even when we can not understand it and never would do the same.

I'm not indicating that cosmetic leg lengthening should be forbidden. But there are things to consider when doing extreme amounts on a single segment. My local ortho for example told me that after lengthening your legs, your muscles have to work harder than before to move them, so he recommends tibiae lengtheners to also focus on building the muscles in their quads and hamstrings to make up for it. Imagine how much harder your muscles have to work after lengthening 16 or 18 cm in one place. That's not even taking into account how awkward your gait would be.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

chsn

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 08:52:58 PM »

I believe it is not to uncommon at Guichet practice, that patients lengthen 5 cm and the comes back a year later to re-break their femurs so they can lengthen the additional 5 cm.

jfk

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »

I'm not indicating that cosmetic leg lengthening should be forbidden. But there are things to consider when doing extreme amounts on a single segment. My local ortho for example told me that after lengthening your legs, your muscles have to work harder than before to move them, so he recommends tibiae lengtheners to also focus on building the muscles in their quads and hamstrings to make up for it. Imagine how much harder your muscles have to work after lengthening 16 or 18 cm in one place. That's not even taking into account how awkward your gait would be.

Yes you are right. It is not recommendable at all! I just wanted to say that I still think these extreme amounts should not be forbidden or doctors should not deny to do it.

But yes, it would definitely look bad and cause a lot of problems I can imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up