Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The 6 Foot Golden Ratio and My Complete Mock-up Camparisons  (Read 8260 times)

Razorfin

The 6 Foot Golden Ratio and My Complete Mock-up Camparisons
« on: September 06, 2015, 01:22:29 AM »

Ok, so I found out the golden ration for a 6 foot man and apparently it is 70cm from the belly button to the top of the head and 113cm from the bottom of the foot to the belly button. I am perfectly fine with the 70 cm .. I sit 69/70. As for my lower abdomen I am exactly (and i'm not  ting you) ... exactly 13 cm off. This puts me at exactly 183cm [6.00393701 feet (6 feet 3⁄64 inch]"

This is based on the golden ratio 1/1.618. This ratio is no joke either, it even applies to financial trading systems. Traders all over the globe use the 618 Fibonacci level to predict when a stock will retrace. People literally bet millions on this ratio everyday as it has proven it's robustness.

Complete Mock-up Comparisons:

https://gyazo.com/4250ed1bc85a03aa46aec39e26918531

My 6 foot image is (apparently) the perfect height ratio for a 6 foot man. Which seemed weird to me at first, but then again it has to have some merit considering the direct correlations between this ratio and perceptions of beauty. Not saying I look amazing or anything ... but hey, when you are told by the "golden ratio" that you would essentially be of perfect proportion if your legs were longer .. it does wonders for your motivation to achieve such a thing.

Mock-up of Golden Ratio:

https://gyazo.com/1bb632f9f4b23c22640a963c2c436f65

What are your thoughts on this?

Of course as a humble, new member on this forum .. i'm sure you 'vets' will be able to input something I haven't thought about or analysed.

Penguinn

Re: The 6 Foot Golden Ratio and My Complete Mock-up Camparisons
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:42:47 AM »

Your ratio looks fine but your tibias look a bit too long.

Razorfin

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 01:49:22 AM »

I agree they are a bit long, however that is a sacrifice that I will be willing to make.

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 01:50:23 AM »

First things first, no point in thinking about your second surgery before you've had your first one. I will say you look surprisingly decent at 177-178CM, could you tell us your wingspan and arm length?

Your tibiae look quite long though so lengthen your femurs instead. As for this "golden ratio", now who is over analysing things?

Your legs look ridiculously long at any height in the 180-range, in fact I would say that is your main issue even at 178CM. Still a 7,5CM gain with an internal femur method is realistic, good luck.

Razorfin

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 02:25:17 AM »

haha Uppland you meanie, I knew you'd say something like that.

To be brutally honest, I don't mind the long leg look. It is appealing to me. I agree that I shouldn't be thinking about the second surgery before the first or severely over doing my proportions as I know it has a direct correlation to future life changing debilitation. However I would say that I would prefer to do my tibia first. Mainly because if I go with 6cm on tibia then this experience is the shorter distraction so I will deal with it better regarding psychological effects of being disabled for nearly a year. It will also be my first surgery and so it will be easier for me to deal with extraneous variables that I will not have accounted for or otherwise thought about.

From there I would be 5 foot 9". I would not be particularly happy with this height, however it would give me the experience to carry on into the next one if I deemed necessary (which I probably would considering 5ft 9" is not my goal). Never the less, I could feel happy that I was roughly an average height of 176.

Alu

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 02:47:04 AM »

Take it one step at at time mate. Don't plan it out to much with such a big height gain in mind.

But like Uppland said what are your proportions currently? Such as True Inseam/height, Wingspan (to me at least these are the most important ones to consider) and so on. You look honestly fine but if we could get that extra info it be easier to tell what to expect, as mock-ups aren't 100% the definitive versions of what you'd look like.

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 02:54:01 AM »

6 cm tibias and 7 femurs look the best

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 03:00:04 AM »

I like the 6' one best.  You've clearly done your homework and are a good candidate for LL.  I hope you'll start a diary here of your journey in the patient experiences section.

Penguinn

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 05:14:34 AM »

Also your legs look weird as fk in the 5'10 picture. Your femur:tibia ratio is obviously favouring shorter femurs, therefore you should get femurs lengthened first. Another advantage is that you can go 3 inches, and if you're happy at 5'10 you can call it a day.

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 09:19:12 AM »

To je honest , I'm 6'0" and I look better than that.my legs are not that long.

Razorfin

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »

@endo

With all due respect ... no  . Of course your legs are going to be more proportional than mine, you have naturally reached 182cm. Why you are even doing this surgery at that natural height .. seems like a mystery to me.  :-\

Razorfin

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 10:41:38 AM »

Take it one step at at time mate. Don't plan it out to much with such a big height gain in mind.

But like Uppland said what are your proportions currently? Such as True Inseam/height, Wingspan (to me at least these are the most important ones to consider) and so on. You look honestly fine but if we could get that extra info it be easier to tell what to expect, as mock-ups aren't 100% the definitive versions of what you'd look like.

My wingspan is 177 I believe and im 170cm tall, im not sure about my inseams and everything though.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »

I'd do 7cm's on your femurs with an internal device. Your legs look akwardly long on the other pictures. Femurs are easier to hide and seem to have a better long term recovery.
You should have a smooth recovery considering your good physical shape.

lumiere

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »

I'm close to the end of my tibial lengthening, and I think I'll be happy and satisfied about my new height (1.70/1.71)... the only concern about your thoughts is: are you sure you want to waste about two years of your life doing two surgeries? It's a lot of time, and we human have not too much :) Your starting height is ok, you're not tall but you're about average... And you have a lot of qualities for sure that need to be improved... Height is not everything and not that big deal if it is 170 as yours.

Lumiere

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »

Razorfin, the problem is that if you lengthen you tibiae it seems like it would be longer than your femur. This is a big no-no in leg lengthening. In fact I decent surgeon wouldn't even let you do your tibiae, just go with femurs -it's faster as well.

doomsday

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »

whats your sitting height?

Razorfin

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »

These are my revised comparisons based on going from original to 6 foot:

https://gyazo.com/8c0a6adb17418780b0ed92aaee882ef2

Penguinn

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »

Your tibias look too long in pictures 3 and 4. Picture 2 looks natural, can't tell anything is lengthened.
Do 3 inches femurs and tibias if you're up for Round 2.

Alu

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 05:16:23 PM »

In the end I'll say that aesthetically you look good for the most part on the new mock ups around 5'10 with femurs lengthen (the 6cm tibia seems a bit to much aesthetically and biomechanically). I feel for the most part that you have a decently good upper body type that pulling off LL would be relatively easy to hide after 1 surgery (wingspan and all). This is why I say that you should plan it out 1 surgery at a time (go with femurs first as they are less prone to complications compared to tibia and are faster tor recover from).

As far as going to 6'0 goes, I'd say cap it around 5'11 (4 inches;which would be 5cm on each or 7cm femurs and 3 tibia). I know that wouldn't be appealing to you but consider the fact you'd be above (or) average height in places like the U.S, UK, and other Western countries; and a 1 inch difference wouldn't be too noticeable. At that point you could just forever wear Nike Air Max casually (they give around 3-4cm boost).

Last thing to cover, like I said, providing an inseam/height ratio would also be beneficial to getting a feel as to how long your legs could be compared to your torso. Follow these instructions: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2040.msg33027#msg33027

Uppland

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »

These are my revised comparisons based on going from original to 6 foot:

https://gyazo.com/8c0a6adb17418780b0ed92aaee882ef2

You look good at 176CM except that your legs appear very long, show us another picture fully clothed with your pants at your hips and we'll know for sure. Also wear 2-3CM shoes.

Blackhawk

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »

It's looks like you can get away with 7 cms on femur no problem.  But your tibs look pretty long with 6 cms.  What is your knee height?

Razorfin

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:58 AM »

I'm really not sure on any of my dimensions as I tend not to focus too much on the proportional side of things. I respect Uppland and anyone else that is more cautious (not to say i'm stupidly reckless) but I am more of a 'you only get one life lets become the best person I can be sort of thing.

Alu

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 02:54:12 AM »

Which is why I'm especially in the camp of not getting one's hopes up to much when it comes to this surgery. I'm personally planning on going to 6-7 cm on femurs. After that I might potentially go for another round if possible 4-5 cm on my tibias, BUT, this would depend on how my experience and general happiness with LL.I  don't want to rush myself into any hopes. But I digress.

Also how did you make those mock-ups of yours. I'm planning on doing mine soon but I need to know what methods are best. I know I said mock-ups aren't the best per say (which is why I still gonna implore you to measure yourself as it provides good data), but your method looks relatively good. Care to share how you took your pics and what program you used? Thanks in advance.

Penguinn

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2015, 03:05:32 AM »

(not to say i'm stupidly reckless) but I am more of a 'you only get one life lets become the best person I can be sort of thing.

Crazy+6 on the old forum had a strikingly similar catch phrase, from what I've seen, and he's still not recovered from his 2 or 3 LLs and 7 inches of height. Not to mention, he looks like he's standing on stilts.

Not implying anything, plus you seem smarter than him.

endomorphisme

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »

@endo

With all due respect ... no crap. Of course your legs are going to be more proportional than mine, you have naturally reached 182cm. Why you are even doing this surgery at that natural height .. seems like a mystery to me.  :-\

;D

Uppland

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 12:53:24 PM »

I'm really not sure on any of my dimensions as I tend not to focus too much on the proportional side of things. I respect Uppland and anyone else that is more cautious (not to say i'm stupidly reckless) but I am more of a 'you only get one life lets become the best person I can be sort of thing.

Yes, but even considering the surgery in the first place is more reckless than most people would ever dream of. Remember that your motto is as much of an appeal to caution as it is an inspiration, after all you only get one shot at this -if you screw it up you're fked for the rest of your life. I understand you're trying to improve yourself and that's good but remember that a tall height will not be attractive or impressive if it is accompanied by unattractive and awkward proportions.

This is why I will only do 5CM, even though I would love to be 185, because being 183 with a good looking body is better than 185 with even a slightly weird one. You might not believe it but I'm trying to help you, I do not want to see you do anything you will regret.

Joel

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 05:56:43 PM »

No 180cm and that's it this looks like a horrible idea..  No just no!
5'5 manlet of peace

Razorfin

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »

I must say the general vibe I am getting is that I should go to 5,11 in which case I would probably do roughly 6 cm on femur and 5 on tibia .. or if I was feeling daring then maybe 7cm and 5 to make me the upper portion of 5, 11.

I think that Uppland is right to a large extent, I do only get one shot that this and if I do fk it up. Then I am screwed. Maybe the 6 foot crew isn't for me. Plus I read a study today regarding the importance of proportion and it has opened my eyes. I go to the gym every day and hope one day to have a body that I am truly proud of. This (as Uppland and many others have said) is pointless if I was to through off my benefits gained at the gym by screwing with my proportions so much so that women now find me unattractive.

If I went to 5,11 and wore shoes to 6 foot then I highly doubt I will have any major problem with regards to women and I will also be safer. The main thing I have is that 6 foot does seem to be the barrier for a divine height. Struggling to get over that truth. To say that from the floor to the top of your head ... you are 6 foot ... that is something that would just be so full filling to have.

Any opinions are very welcome.

P.S By the way, anybody reading this. I will be posting mockups of me in clothing, me at 5,11 with different femur/tibia ratios and also I will see if I cant post a guide for those that want to put the mockups into a more visually enticing fashion. (I use photoshop CS6 however I know you can do a similar thing in paint or free programs).

I am also looking into a CAD-based program with human templates that can generate moving images of walking, running and jumping at different height ratios. It could be a very big step for this forum and help people to better understand their ratios/proportions.

Alu

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 11:31:23 PM »

I'm glad you're being more careful and loving of your body mate lol. As far as the CAD- Program goes I'd love to see how it works and how it could help us better understand proportionality. I must ask which doctor would you be willing to go for this operation? Also what study did you read about proportions and what did you learn from it? Thanks

Razorfin

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »

AlucardZ:

Well I would of course want to go to the best facilities I could afford and use the best equipment possible. Precice 2 (or maybe 4/5 by the time I have it) with Paley or another doctor with very high patient concern and with which I could meet with regularly.

As my lengthening goals are fairly extreme, I would in no way shape or form consider cheap doctors or methods. I would hope to do both internal femurs and internal tibias in an ideal world. However I have heard there are severe problems with doing internal tibias due to tendons in the knee.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up