Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goal/Journey .. to 6ft 1"  (Read 4168 times)

Razorfin

Goal/Journey .. to 6ft 1"
« on: September 05, 2015, 02:04:40 AM »

Ok, so I am a fairly young, ambitious spirit. I have been reading a lot of articles within this forum and it seems to be there are 2 types of people. Those who see the goals of being taller and those who think further ahead to the issues that may lie later on in life. Either way people fall into one of those 2 categories.

Personally I fall into the first category, I am 170cm (not a bad height considering what I could be). Due to my age, funding the operations will be tricky considering I will only do this if I can get hold of the best equipment possible.

I have a goal of increasing my height from 170cm (5 ft 7") to 185cm (6ft 1) ... essentially I want to be over 6 foot. I feel if you are going to go on this journey fraught with trials and tribulations you might as well go hard or go home. But that brings another question. Is this going hard? From what I have heard, some people have done up to 9cm on their tibia. This would not be necessary for me. I am in it for the long run, safely lengthen 7 cm on tibias. Then seek a further operation maybe 2 years down the line after the best recovery I can achieve for a 9cm internal lengthening process on my femurs. All in all achieving a 15cm gain which would put me at my goal.

I have accepted that I will lose a lot of physical potential, I realize it may take up to 5 years for the entire 2 operation process to be complete. I highly doubt I will see any major complication (touch wood).

Can anybody offer any information on people that have done this before ? This is a journey, not just some - get this over and done with I want to be taller bullcrap - ... its kind of like running a long-distance race, you need to appreciate that to finish you must start slow?

So there you have it ..

tldr: Want to lengthen 15 cm in 2 operations, all advice is appreciated, any stories of people who have attempted the same thing.

Thanks

Penguinn

Re: Goal/Journey .. to 6ft 1"
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 02:22:40 AM »

So you said you fall into the first category, and yet you're so worried about complications. That's because the right mindset for this is to fall in the grey area, be somewhat ambitious and reasonable. It won't take 5 years. I'd say 1 year each to recover 90% assuming you go to a good doctor.

First of all, is 6'1 your set goal that nothing will change? If you could be 5'10(which is a great height) and retain almost all of your physical attributes, would you take it? Lengthening 6 inches will definitely cause you a lot of problems.

My advice if you want it- Do 3 inches first. If you're still so unhappy with 5'10, healed well, proportions look good and have the balls to do another LL, go for the second one.

Razorfin

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 02:35:42 AM »

Well, i'm mainly concerned with my tibias as I can see them being very volatile for potential lasting damage. Not to mention I will be doing internal tibias so the idea of messing with the tendons at the patella is kinda bugging me. However I have seen people do much more on tibias and enjoy it. As long as afterwards I can work (most likely a financial trader) I can take walks on the beach with my (future wife), throw a ball with my kid one day and hit the gym hard. I'm all good. I don't need to be a masterful runner or athletic individual.

However being 6ft 1 will .. most definitely put my in a different ball game when it comes to women. I know there will be permanent problems, I have snapped my arm in half before and now have permanent nerve issues. I do have some experience of these problems.

I think you are a right though, I will do the lowest I can on tibias without threatening the potential proportions if i was to return to do another femur surgery. I'm not some apotheosis fan-kid, I just know that you are given one body and you have a higher chance of permanently damaging yourself climbing Mount Everest than in this surgery, but yet people still climb the damn thing. Life is about risk.

I think the idea of doing 6-7 cm on tibias first and then seeing where I am at will be best. At least that leaves me with the option of 8-9cm on femurs which are far less potentially troublesome.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 02:41:52 AM »

You'll surely be able to make a great recovery with 3 inches. That's a given, unless you go to a butcher of a doctor.

Whom do you think a woman would pick, a 5'10 guy that walks up to her or a 6'1 guy that wobbles his way over to her? Honestly if you aren't getting pussy at 5'10, think of changing things other than your height.

Anyway, so yeah. Lengthen 3 inches first and then think about the next one.

EDIT: There was a guy called Crazy+6 who went from 5'4 to 5'11. 6 inches, just like you and he looked like he was standing on stilts. But later people said he was a phony and his diary was a fake. Here's his picture: http://imgur.com/a63FErX
His jeans on the left leg is surprisingly not aligned with his shoe. Makes me wonder how legit this picture is. Assuming it is real, doesn't he look like he's standing on silts?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 02:46:55 AM »

What you want is possible.  I think you have a good plan to get what you want, with very reasonable expectations for the time it'll take and the amount of recovery that's possible.  Most likely you'll achieve your goal height faster and with more physical ability than you expect.

theuprising

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 07:06:02 AM »

Your fairly new to the forums and many of us were exactly like you, wanting to do the largest amount possible. I would suggest hang around a while and read alot of the diaries and you'll start to see some patterns emerge from people who did these big lengthening's. I've seen guys who have only done 4cm throw their proportions off because they didn't properly calculate their tibia/femur ratio and that was pretty much what everyone said when this person posted their picture. Your talking HALF A FOOT of lengthening which is over 30% more than what the top doctors recommend (10cm) for those lengthening tibia and femur. I wish you all the best but highly recommend doing some more reading first.

LL in 2018

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »

I have the same height as yours. I want the same height as yours. What a coincidence!

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »

A 15CM gain isn't ambitious -it's naive and reckless. Your proportions will be able to handle about 5-7CM, coincidentally 7-8CM is most likely what your body can tolerate without leaving you stiff and biomechanically deformed. Having one surgery like this is more than enough for a lifetime, very few commit to doing another one, so don't get a head of yourself.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:50:25 PM by Uppland »

Razorfin

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »

This is what I will look like if I did the full 6 inches:

https://gyazo.com/6e3e930a447a99e60c98cede22d6080e

@theuprising: I completely understand that I believe you are right considering what I want to believe. I think the main difference between myself and others is that I am seeing this as more of a journey to better myself than an objective simply just for other people. Its the same reason I go to the gym everyday, read everyday and eat well everyday. Its because I want to be the best 'ME' that I can be. I will follow what the doctors say as they are experts. However, the idea of reaching the 6ft barrier is something that is within reach of me. There are many people on this forum who will never reach that height unless they do a stupid amount of lengthening. I therefore am seeing the idea of 6ft as a barrier where once crossed, at least i have shown it is possible and have a wealth of knowledge to offer others in case they want to do the same.

@Medium: I hope so as I will never see this idea of lengthening as a simple 'get what I want and get out' thing. it will always to me .. be about becoming taller, but at the same time bettering myself as a person.

The thing is .. I am short, but that has never stopped me doing anything. I got the most 'action' out in Cyprus on a lads holiday where I was with a friend who was 6ft 4" a friend who was 6ft 2" and another who was 6ft 3" ... I was the shortest out of all of them, but it didn't stop me. I am unhappy with my height as it is a thing I know I can change. People say "you need to love yourself" ... I do .. but I will love myself even more when i'm taller ;)

LL in 2018: Well I don't think i'll be able to afford it in 2018, but maybe 2025 or later. Go for it.

Uppland: I have seen quite a few of your posts on this forum and I respect your viewpoint. You clearly have a passion for maintaining proportions and over analyzing the bio-mechanical effects of this surgery.

Just a few questions, have you had the surgery to this level before? Most likely not
Have you a deep understanding of bio-mechanics that stretch beyond a thin layer of knowledge on LL?
Have you ever spoken to, or otherwise interacted with somebody in real life to see the effects over a long period of time of a lengthening procedure like this?

The reason i'm asking is to gauge if the use of "naive and reckless" is actually backed up by any sort of 'actual' knowledge. If your son or daughter said to invest 40,000 units of currency in government bonds ... would you do it ? Probably not. However if a financial adviser told you the same thing after your daughter ... then you'd listen. The point i'm trying to make is that I am more than willing to take you seriously. As long as I have a bit of backstory on your experiences and 'GENUINE' knowledge. Not just repetitions of what other people on this forum have been saying ... but your own personal experience.

The user 'Medium' did 3 inches (7.5 cm) on one lengthening procedure .. he seems to be enjoying his new height. Being 5ft 10/11 has to be pretty neat. I just want to search the grey area for the right information.

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »

Only guys who are at the very least 175 cm can reach your goal, I am sorry but you might not reach it.
Guys like uppland , a littletooshort can potentially be 185 cm
And besides you will wait atleast 10 years to get your first leg lenghtening, you will have to wait 2 years to consolidate.
And then a second surgery will take you another 2 years.

It sounds very delusional.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »

You've read my posts so you know that I would rather be safe than sorry. I can assure you I've learned enough to keep myself out of harms way. Am I a layman? Well, yes, but so is everyone else on this forum apart from the rare visit of Dr. Monegal.

A "deep understanding of biomechanics" isn't really necessary and neither is first hand contact with a former patient -although it would certainly be informative. Your body is proportionate now and the further you alter those proportions the worse your atheltic function will be. This isn't speculation, any honest surgeon or former patient will tell you the same thing, in fact there is a strong consensus on here that lengthening past 7CM is risky and doing two surgeries is too ambitious for almost all patients save a very small minority.

There are of course successful examples of patients lengthening 7-8CM, in fact most people who take the necessary precautions recover decently. However I have yet to see anyone lengthen both segments and recover well -never mind how they look.

I'm not arguing with you, I am simply offering grounded advice. You can justify your goal however you want, but you would do well to think twice before actually going through with it.

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »

LL in 2018: Well I don't think i'll be able to afford it in 2018, but maybe 2025 or later. Go for it.

Why are you planning something 10 years in advance? Do you know how much things will change in 10 years? ;D

jfk

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 08:32:56 PM »

First of all I want to tell you that I have a different view than Uppland and endomorphisme or some others.

Fact is: It is definitely possible to reach your goal. Dont let ANYONE tell you differently. endomorphisme tells you only guys 175 cm and above can do it. Well he is wrong. Apotheosis did about 20 cm. My doctor told me similar stories. 

Will you do some damage to your body? Definitely yes. How much? No one can predict that. If you go to a good doctor and dont overdo the amount of lengthening it is very probable that you will be able to run again. Not as fast as before for sure.

Then there is uppland talking about the bio-mechanics stuff. To be honest: I dont buy that stuff. You will for sure do damage to your body but you will be able to do sports again if you are cautious. Not guaranteed of course but probable.

Is it reckless and naive? No. I would not say that. It is ambitious and difficult, yes.

Then there are these proportion guys telling you dont go over 4-5 cm and stuff. I dont buy that stuff neither. My opinion on that: No one gives a fk about that. Girls will love you with 185 cm. Guys will respect you more. Your proportions look okay to me. Even with 6 1. 

5 years? Sounds reasonable. After 1 year each back to 90 % normal? Probably possible but I would not plan with that. 5 years sounds more realistic.

Well you said you will probably do it in 10 years so we will probably never find out what happened to your plans. Good you are planning ahead.

KrP1

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »

I think that people who wants 15cm increase are not realistic. You should do one surgery first and when you finish you could think if you really want to do another. This is not like a hair implant. This is a major surgery.
Anyway if you are going to do it . Do cross lateral lengthening and aim for a most realistic goal like 10/12cm
Height is not everything. You need to be healthy to enjoy your new height

Joel

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »

You look great at 5'7 I would do your tibia as they probably aren't as long and at 5cm since your pretty lean women like that a lot.  Though I still think 185 is a dumb goal even 182 why bother?  180 at the most your arms are longer and your stocky so 175cm would be quite good actually.

Though looking at you I feel like you have a ton of good things going for you, and you really do not need LL.
5'5 manlet of peace

Uppland

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »

Look, why don't you do 6CM and if you're still game after that you add another 5CM, That'll make you 181CM which is a normal height for a young western adult.

My advice is to do 6CM in femurs and call it a day. You'll be proportionate, if long legged, and you will recover well if you stick with the program so to speak. 176CM isn't tall but it's not really short in the Uk either is it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up