Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone lengthed 2.5cm - 3.5cm?  (Read 3596 times)

Soopz

Anyone lengthed 2.5cm - 3.5cm?
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »

Without being judgemental on this topic. I'm looking to only lengthen 2.5cm - 3.5cm as I don't want to risk complications, proportions and near normal recovery. Plus I'm not intrested in being tall, just not short. I'm currently 171.4cm so looking at between 2.5cm - 3.5cm on tibia.

Anyone here had that kind of length done? I'd really like to know ur experience and recovery.

Thanks

jfk

Re: Anyone lengthed 2.5cm - 3.5cm?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 11:17:27 PM »

Without being judgemental on this topic. I'm looking to only lengthen 2.5cm - 3.5cm as I don't want to risk complications, proportions and near normal recovery. Plus I'm not intrested in being tall, just not short. I'm currently 171.4cm so looking at between 2.5cm - 3.5cm on tibia.

Anyone here had that kind of length done? I'd really like to know ur experience and recovery.

Thanks

When I was in Russia I saw one guy who did 3 cm only. He had his frames removed after 6 months. He was 41 years old, so maybe that is why it took so long.

I dont know man, but if I would be happier with only 3 cm more then I would just put in some insoles and thats it. Of course it is not the same but paying so much money and investing the time and taking the pain and get your legs broken for 3 cm?

But I am sure it is not the first time you hear that...

I think if you do external only you can be done in 5 months. 6 months if it does not go perfectly.

Soopz

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »

6 month? Jesus!! I was thinking it would take 1 month distraction. I'm looking to be 100% in 6 months after procedure. Yeah I know what ur saying but I use insoles and I hate it! I just want be that inch taller, it would genuinely make me happier, as stupid as it sounds. Who knows I cud use insole after op for even more height! But I want best recovery so I'm taking 1 inch to the hope of full recovery minimal complications.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 06:45:15 PM »

1-2 months of distraction sounds about right.  The 6-month patient he's talking about was doing external-only.  If you do internals or LON you could probably be back to normal within 6 months.

jfk

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:33:59 PM »

1-2 months of distraction sounds about right.  The 6-month patient he's talking about was doing external-only.  If you do internals or LON you could probably be back to normal within 6 months.

Since he is talking about minimal risks and complications I am assuming he wants to do externals only. Without the possible knee pain problem and only one operation (not another operation for nail-insertion and then a third one to get them out).

But even with externals only he could be back to normal walking within 6 months.

Soopz

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »

Do think it's possible have external operation done on 2.5cm and be walking mostly recovered in 4 months?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 10:52:08 PM »

Do think it's possible have external operation done on 2.5cm and be walking mostly recovered in 4 months?

Maybe.  You'll probably be walking okay by then, but the callus might not have solidified all the way, so you may still have the frames on after 4 months.

Soopz

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »

Yeah that sucks! I don't want internal nail due to later ops and knee pains. I just don't have the time to do it externally! Even tho I just want 2.5cm. I hate my life!!

Joel

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 11:51:42 PM »

Do 5cm on your tibia don't do the 3cm i made a thread like this not to long ago actually.  Good concept I guess great minds think alike :D
5'5 manlet of peace

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 12:16:18 AM »

Yeah that sucks! I don't want internal nail due to later ops and knee pains. I just don't have the time to do it externally! Even tho I just want 2.5cm. I hate my life!!

You hate your life because of 1 inch?

Soopz

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 07:35:30 AM »

Yeah but I don't see a full 100% recovery at 5cm. What's point in going 5cm when you cripple yourself slightly, I keep active life. (Like running? Going back to physical job) I'm not being greedy here! I also think my preportions will be off. So at moment I wear a 2cm lift in my shoes and I feel good at that height, just taller than most girls and bit taller than the guys considered short! But I hate wearing the lift all the time! I think with this boost I can stop using lift. And be recovered 100%. I'd be 173 - 173.5cm with good posture and possible lift when I need them. But most important is gain that height feel better and likly make decent recovery.

endomorphisme

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:27 AM »

I stand at 182.5 cm at my lowest, I plan to lengthen 3.5 cm , so no you re not really alone.
Wannabegiant did 4 cm .
The average gain is 5.5-6 cm which means that many patients just go for 3-4 cm.They just don't want to destroy their legs and know that it can make a big difference, especially if you re between 175 and 185 cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up