Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Budget Concerns. Leg Legthening for 35,000 USD total?  (Read 6187 times)

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
Budget Concerns. Leg Legthening for 35,000 USD total?
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »

Hello,

I really want to get leg lengthening, however my biggest hurdle is not time or health it is money. By next May I will have graduated college and will probably have between 35,000 USD saved up. Is this a realistic budget to get leg lengthening and all other total expenses including flight and living expense? I don't care about external/internal. I want femurs and 7cm. Currently I am 5'8-5'8.5 and I would like to be 5'11 after 1 lengthening. Can anyone who knows about leg lengthening help answer if I could do this whole process with that budget? Will costs related to complications get in the way? Perhaps I could get loans to bring it up to 50,000 but I don't want to necessarily do that.

The issue is that I don't want to start a new career and then have to fit lengthening in the career with the time it takes because it'll be difficult to get that time taken off as a new employee. Also I don't want to explain taking a 5 month gap in my job. Another solution is to work for a year, in which I should be able to save another 35,000 making my total 70,000 and do leg lengthening regardless if they fire me for taking that break or not. I really want to get this, and I will put it before career, especially because I'm young currently.

Penguinn

Re: Budget Concerns. Leg Legthening for 35,000 USD total?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »

If you're doing tibias(externals), that budget is more than enough to get a good doctor. Not sure if you'll find a good US or UK doctor but that isn't bad in any way. But externals take longer. You could do 5-6 cm and take about a year for a top notch recovery.

If you have to do internals(let's say your femurs are short and tibias are long or you want a better LL experience) you should save up.

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »

I don't care about pain or scars or time length.

My tibias are good length, I think Femur lengthening looks best on me. How much would I need to do 7cm on femurs only? Cheapest method, but not necessarily cheapest doctor. Is external femurs 7cm feasible?

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »

I don't care about pain or scars or time length.

My tibias are good length, I think Femur lengthening looks best on me. How much would I need to do 7cm on femurs only? Cheapest method, but not necessarily cheapest doctor. Is external femurs 7cm feasible?

The doctor I'm going for for internal femurs(awesome doctor, but in India) is around $42K USD. Plus your hotel stay.
I'd say around 50K to be on the very safe side. PRECICE internal nails cost $30K themselves.

Feel free to browse cheaper internal methods.

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »

how long does tibia legthening take? You said a year but could I return to USA after 6 months and function as relatively normal? When could I go back to weight training/working at a job?

I just measured myself and I'm 174cm so I only need 6cm to reach my goal of 180 total CM instead of the 7 cm. How much would it cost to go through tibial legthening?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »

how long does tibia legthening take? You said a year but could I return to USA after 6 months and function as relatively normal? When could I go back to weight training/working at a job?

I just measured myself and I'm 174cm so I only need 6cm to reach my goal of 180 total CM instead of the 7 cm. How much would it cost to go through tibial legthening?

If you want tibia lengthening for $35,000 USD you can go to Dr. Aimin Peng in China who did my LL.  Everything is included in that price, even hospitalization with nurses and maids to take care of you the whole time you're there. You could do 6cm with an external Ilizarov fixator in 4-5 months, then return to the U.S. with a fixed internal nail and be relatively normal.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »

If you want tibia lengthening for $35,000 USD you can go to Dr. Aimin Peng in China who did my LL.  Everything is included in that price, even hospitalization with nurses and maids to take care of you the whole time you're there. You could do 6cm with an external Ilizarov fixator in 4-5 months, then return to the U.S. with a fixed internal nail and be relatively normal.
how long does the nail have to stay in?
5'5 manlet of peace

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 12:41:52 AM »

Until your bone is consolidated enough.  There's no set timetable since everyone heals at a different rate.

ouroboros

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 03:42:22 AM »

@AlwaysLivin, you have plenty of time before you finish school.....I am also going to be done school by May of 2016 and getting my femurs done.  This surgery can be a very long process and you shouldn't rush into it just to get it done....

Remember that the goal is to be "taller and back to normal" as soon as possible.  Not get the surgery as soon as possible for the sake of being operated, and spend 3 years partially handicapped because your doctor or method of lengthening was substandard.

35K is a decent amount that you are going to have saved up, but if you are going to need a little more to do internal instead of external femurs, save the extra, because your recovery should be faster, safer, and much much much more comfortable.   

In the mean time, take time to read complete diaries from people that have done either femur or tibia..... Avoid the pitfalls that some have gone through and learn from their experience...... I too wanted this so bad that I almost took a year off school last summer just to get it over with, but thank god I came to my senses after reading lots and lots of diaries.

all the best

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »

Hello and thank you for the reply ouroboros.

My biggest mental trauma is being at a top university and being surrounding by men who's average height is 6' (and seeing 6'5+ men is an everyday occurance) that's why I want to get it done so quickly. I will work for one year and save up a total of 60,000-65,000 at the end of the year. Is this enough to do a solid 7cm in femur internal, return, recover and function normally? I have family that can take care of me for the months back here in the US. I want to do femurs over tibias now because my calves are skinny, whereas my thighs are short and meaty and it would look more porportioned to fill my muscle out vertically in my femurs. My goal is to get a solid 5'11 (e.g.  5'11 at the shortest in the day, taller in the morning). 7CM would do this.

So basically is 60,000 enough in 2017 for 7cm femur total recovery?

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 10:19:21 AM »

Hi can anyone help me with advice?

I am thinking of Tibias VS femur.

Can I do 6.5CM on tibias external is that too much? My tibias are slender but my femurs are dense (muscle wise). Will this look odd? Should I try to focus on extending my femurs to make it look more "porportional"? I don't know if justifying a 1+ cm gain in femurs is worth it for the extra costs.

programdude

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »

That should be enough for rod removal and complications if you're lucky  :'( :'(

Just my crippled ass playing
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

goldenegg

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »

Hello and thank you for the reply ouroboros.

My biggest mental trauma is being at a top university and being surrounding by men who's average height is 6' (and seeing 6'5+ men is an everyday occurance) that's why I want to get it done so quickly. I will work for one year and save up a total of 60,000-65,000 at the end of the year. Is this enough to do a solid 7cm in femur internal, return, recover and function normally? I have family that can take care of me for the months back here in the US. I want to do femurs over tibias now because my calves are skinny, whereas my thighs are short and meaty and it would look more porportioned to fill my muscle out vertically in my femurs. My goal is to get a solid 5'11 (e.g.  5'11 at the shortest in the day, taller in the morning). 7CM would do this.

So basically is 60,000 enough in 2017 for 7cm femur total recovery?

I also went to a top university in the US and know your pain.  the average height at mine was really high.  It probably won't help much now, but want to let you know that it's definitely a little lower in the real world.  It wouldve been nice though to have done LL beforehand and enjoy the benefit while in school   

with your new budget you'd be well in the range to do internal femurs or tibias with dr. monegal (I think they're the same price?) and his current patients diaries seem to be going pretty good so far.  it seems like you prefer femurs and it'd be better for your proportions so I'd go for that if my budget allowed

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 03:35:21 PM »

Hey alwayslivin calm down and relax for a bit man.Now speaking of internal femurs id say 50k is a realistic budget bro if u think of considering dr.monegal.He seems to be a nice guy so dont worry much and just go for it.
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

microman

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »

I also went to a top university in the US and know your pain.  the average height at mine was really high.  It probably won't help much now, but want to let you know that it's definitely a little lower in the real world.

are you being serious, why would people be taller at a top university vs. being outside that university?

goldenegg

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 05:59:21 PM »

are you being serious, why would people be taller at a top university vs. being outside that university?

yeah man totally serious.  I think it's a combination of things.  top schools tend to be smaller and a more concentrated representation of just a portion of the overall demographics.  at least at my school, there were less minorities (more white people, less asians and hispanics who tend to bring down the average),  more wealthy kids with who grew up eating healthier (and are children of successful ceo's, lawyers, businessmen who were more likely to be taller), and tons of high level athletes (even though the school was small, we still had full men's football, soccer, hockey, rowing, lacrosse, swimming etc and so you'd see athletes everywhere you went).  you'll never be surrounded by so many athletes all the time in the real world.  if you've ever seen the facebook movie, just imagine the winklevoss twins... but lots of them.  something like 40% of america is obese and there were virtually zero fat people in my school.  So you end up with a school full of people who are some combination of smart, athletic, or tall.   Being at a bigger state school with tens of thousands of people I think would have evened out this concentration a lot.

Everyone was super nice and I had a good time and there were some short people there, but man being short there sucks.  I realize my post has TONS of generalizations so apologize in advance for anything that came across as offensive.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »

I went to school at a private university in Minnesota where it was probably 95% filled with Caucasian students of Scandinavian background, and the average was higher on campus than it was in the Twin Cities nearby. If I had to guess an average on those students I'd say it was around 5'11 or 6'0, which means that there were a good amount of students within that group who were a couple inches shorter and a couple inches taller. I saw two other Caucasian students of Scandinavian background that were my height pre-op and there were around 1,000 males of that particular demographic on campus.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Alittletooshort

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 07:42:56 PM »

I study on a private university as well and I can tell you that I feel very short at 5'10. A lot of students here are from asia but even those are quit tall, most of them are at least 175 which is far above the chinese or singapore average.
Due to this I started wearing 2cm lifts which make me 180, but I'm still on the shorter side here.
A lot of students here have fathers who work as managers or CEO's who are known to be taller on average. I can totally relate to Kilokahn and Goldenegg.

Uppland

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »

I can relate to Kilo as well only what's true for the elite campuses of the US is true everywhere in Sweden. The average is somewhere slightly north of 180 and it shows.

On another note there have been so many immigrants lately I don't even feel that short anymore, lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up