Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening with 178 initial length  (Read 5722 times)

aspirant185

Lengthening with 178 initial length
« on: August 28, 2015, 12:54:28 AM »

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask about ur opinion. I am 178 cm tall (24 years of age) and I am currently going to business school in Germany. I feel like I am, without a doubt, the shortest guy in the entire university. I have still not encountered a girl that is taller than me (without heels), but compared to the guys, its really difficult to find anybody below 185 and most are well above that.

So, I was thinking, is it justifiable to go for the surgery simply based on the sample that I have in my school ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Taller

Re: Lengthening with 178 initial length
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:25 AM »

Only you can decide if it's worth it given your circumstances. If there's any way that you can actually love yourself despite your height, then steer clear as LL is no walk in the park. If you don't think you'd ever feel comfortable in your body without LL, and you are willing to sacrifice your athletic ability to some degree, along with a host of other risks, then LL may be right for you.

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:39:52 AM »

What kind of university..

Anyway, LL takes money, pain, risks. Don't do it because you're the odd one out. If you feel it's holding you back or causing problems, then do LL.

theuprising

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 10:14:10 AM »

It's justifiable if you feel you have been held back or discriminated for your height which I doubt would be happening at 178cm. I personally wouldn't do it simply because I went to a business school where the males average around 6"2 or taller. When average height guys want to do this surgery it makes me think you are looking for a reason you are not successful. In any case it's your life if you understand the risks and the time it takes to do LL then do it.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »

I can totally unterstand you, being in a similar situation. I'd go for 183-184 instead, this will be less harmful for your performance and looks.
Just ask yourself weither it's going to improve your quality of living to an extent where it's worth the pain, the costs and the possible long term limitation when performing certain sports.
If you though about this carefully and come to the conclusion that it is indeed going to help you, then go for it.
That's my approach, I'm 178 as well btw.

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »

I can totally unterstand you, being in a similar situation. I'd go for 183-184 instead, this will be less harmful for your performance and looks.
Just ask yourself weither it's going to improve your quality of living to an extent where it's worth the pain, the costs and the possible long term limitation when performing certain sports.
If you though about this carefully and come to the conclusion that it is indeed going to help you, then go for it.
That's my approach, I'm 178 as well btw.

Very legit advice.

OP are you sure you are 178CM? Because I am that height, I live in a tall country like Germany and I do feel short. Yet I don't think I've ever been the shortest anywhere (maybe family meetups) and definitely not on a campus where there are 1000+ students.

aspirant185

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »

Yes, I am sure that I am 178 )

The thing is, have you noticed how all the CEOs and politicians are really tall ? Well, these people usually went to some of the so called elite universities, where they were also tall. I ve read somewhere that the average height of the male Harvard business school student is 182, and keep in mind that 20% of these are Asians&Indians, who would drive the average down. Now, in my schools there are hardly asians&indians, and the result is shattering :)

When I said that I am the shortest guy at 178  i didnt mean literally, I saw 2-3 shorter guys and 7-8 like me but the point is that when I am in a night club for example, I just feel like missing out of the picture :)

And I dont think it makes sense for 5-6 cm, given the pain and the costs, I am thinking more like 3 inches, 7.7 cm. I mean, this is one of the things that if I dont do, I will always ask myself why I didnt do it and what if.

And its not about the girls. As I said, I still havent met a single girl taller than me, probably there are some but not too many. My last girlfriend was 171 and when she wore 9 cm heals and I wore formal shoes, we were like 180 so that was not the issue.

I feel like if I go for 185ish, and with formal shoes I become 187, I would be somehow more influential and will be taken more seriously. And maybe it is a psychological thing OK, but as Dr. Paley puts it, LL is one of the very few surgeries that could heal psychological issues.

About sports, I am not really a sports type of person. I go regularly to the gym OK, but dont do contact sports, tennis, so I guess this wouldnt really impact my lifestyle. As long as I can walk properly to the extent to which nobody can say that I had a surgery, and can do reasonable jogging I am perfectly fine.

When somebody is already 180 I would say LL is a clear NO even though I wouldnt judge aspirants :) when someboy is below 175 I am positive that the surgery makes sense. Its that window 176-179 that I think is like the most questionable one.

I guess I will wait one year to graduate, get a job , save for a year, then borrow the rest from a bank, get 2-3 credit cards for absolute emergencies and go for it. Do you think a budget of 40-45 000 - 50 000 eur (at the very max) be sufficient for a quality doctor in Europe ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »

Prices may go up within the next years, or go down so it's im possible to say wether it's going to be enough.
My point was that there is no benefit of your height when you look weird.
I can relate to your problems studying at a similar institution but I'm not experiencing the same phaenomenon you described.
I'm never the shortest guy, but rather on the shorter side.

aspirant185

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »

Do you really look weird ? I mean, I ve read that 6-7 cm shouldnt make u unproportional..
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 04:15:05 PM »

Of course, especially If you wear a tailored suit which I assume you'll wear often.
It will probably remain unnoticed since the majority of the population doesn't care about proportion anyways.
Just don't be greedy, every cm decreases the chance of a complete recovery by a large amount.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »

OP I'm totally with you on how height is important to assert oneself, especially in difficult competition. I'm also thinking about going into business and this worries me, apparently the average Swedish CEO is 183-186 so if I lengthen to 183CM I'll just barely make the cut.

However be certain that you understand what you're getting into, height isn't everything after all. There are countless successful short people all over europe and even more average sized ones.

Regarding proportions, yes I do believe 7CM is stretching it, I personally will do no more than 5-6CM and that is the absolute max I cwould even consider. I suppose it might differ between patients though, size up your proportions thoroughly.

aspirant185

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 09:30:40 AM »

Thanks Uppland,

Let me ask you though, if I decide to go for 6-7 cm, however, on the two segmets , for example, first i do 4cm femur, see how I feel (physically and psychologically), then potentially go for 2.50-3 tibia, basically the exact lengths that will preserve the current proportion of the leg in its absolute entirety, do you think 6-7 cm is still too much ? And that I will lose significant part of my athletic ability ?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:55:49 AM by aspirant185 »
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 04:43:09 PM »

Thanks Uppland,

Let me ask you though, if I decide to go for 6-7 cm, however, on the two segmets , for example, first i do 4cm femur, see how I feel (physically and psychologically), then potentially go for 2.50-3 tibia, basically the exact lengths that will preserve the current proportion of the leg in its absolute entirety, do you think 6-7 cm is still too much ? And that I will lose significant part of my athletic ability ?

Theoretically that should achieve the best result. However it such a commitment that I think it would be better to just lengthen 5-6CM in your femurs and be done with it.

Penguinn

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »

Do you think a budget of 40-45 000 - 50 000 eur (at the very max) be sufficient for a quality doctor in Europe ?

Yup. Not the VERY BEST ones though.

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 05:12:48 PM »

if I decide to go for 6-7 cm, however, on the two segmets , for example, first i do 4cm femur, see how I feel (physically and psychologically), then potentially go for 2.50-3 tibia, basically the exact lengths that will preserve the current proportion of the leg in its absolute entirety, do you think 6-7 cm is still too much ? And that I will lose significant part of my athletic ability ?

Doing an LL for just 1 inch of height is a massive waste of money, health, time and effort.

Cartman

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »

40-50000 euros? Hahaha, I have just 12000 euros ;D
Yes, that's good. There are Salameh, Catagni, Mitkovic, russian doctors which want less than 40000.  ;) Certainly not Guichet or Betz.

Overdozer

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 05:26:50 PM »

5000 eu or $ will be more than enough to do it with Dr. Solomin / Kulesh in Russia. Do 5 cms on tibs and call it a day. You don't have to pay the price of a new 911 Porsche to lengthen your legs, jeez.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

endomorphisme

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 11:16:23 AM »

I really doubt the average is 188 cm in Germany, I am 183 cm and I didn't really feel short, just average

Penguinn

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »

I really doubt the average is 188 cm in Germany, I am 183 cm and I didn't really feel short, just average

Why are you here if you're 183?!?! ;D

Alittletooshort

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »

The average is lower than 183 in germany, the height just peaks at private education institutions like the one that the  OP attends. The average swiss is shorter than 180 on average but the average on the school I am now is defenitely above 180. A lot of chinese and indians are here too, who are far above their local averages.

aspirant185

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 01:51:12 PM »

The average is lower than 183 in germany, the height just peaks at private education institutions like the one that the  OP attends. The average swiss is shorter than 180 on average but the average on the school I am now is defenitely above 180. A lot of chinese and indians are here too, who are far above their local averages.

Yes exactly. It is ridiculous how tall are the asians in my business school. One of the guys is actually a good 182, one other is like me 178 +/- 1 cm, and one other is a bit less - 175, but still way taller for China.
The average for Germany in general is around 179 and when I walk around the town in which I live I feel normal, but when I enter the canpus, I am immediately among the shortest with my 178

I guess I will do femur 5 cm which as far as I am aware is reasonable and on the lower end of what people usually do to femur (7-8 usuall )?

Now at 183. I will see how things go , what is the overall experience and recovery like, and I might do later on in my early 30s (I am now in my mid 20s), 3cm on tibia ..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:17:32 PM by aspirant185 »
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

lumiere

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »

I did it because I was 163 cm tall, you are 178 cm, you are not short basically anywhere in the world, I would suggest you to accept your body and to be focused on other sides of your person.

Lumiere

Uppland

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »

I guess I will do femur 5 cm which as far as I am aware is reasonable and on the lower end of what people usually do to femur (7-8 usuall )?

Now at 183. I will see how things go , what is the overall experience and recovery like, and I might do later on in my early 30s (I am now in my mid 20s), 3cm on tibia ..

Yeah good call, I'm your height and I'm doing the same thing, better to do too little than too much, you can't ever go back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up