Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre-Op Prep and Recovery - Internal Tibia - 5 CM  (Read 5661 times)

ShortandStubborn

Pre-Op Prep and Recovery - Internal Tibia - 5 CM
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:05:14 PM »

So a little bit about myself. I'm 5'5'' male, 25. Been lurking for 2 to 3 years now but only now have been seriously considering LL.
Initially I decided to go all the 15 CM in 2 LLs and 6.5 CMs on Tibia.
But after thinking this thoroughly, I've decided to do 11 CM at most in 2 LLs - 5-5.5 CM on Tibia first.
Since this is my final decision and I may have 2 to 3 Months to go through with this, I'd like to begin now.

1. What are some best pre-LL stretching exercises for Tibia? And is 2 to 3 months of stretching pre-Op enough?

2. What SHOULD be the total duration from Operation to walking without crutches(not necessarily sports or running)?
I know this varies but I'm looking for an average.

3. Is athletic recovery at 5 CM above 95% generally? I read someone(SysOp I guess) mentioned that
he knows a Footballer in Europe who had lengthened 5 CM(didn't say Tibia or Femur as far as I can remember)
and was back to his pre-op athletic ability.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Pre-Op Prep and Recovery - Internal Tibia - 5 CM
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »

The best stretching exercise for LL is to touch your toes with your legs straight.  That stretches the whole back of the leg where all the tendons are.

For me, doing 7.5cm, the time from the operation to walking (slowly) without crutches was about 6-7 months.  So probably about 5 months for you.

Hard to tell how much athletic recovery you'll have.  It seems to vary widely between patients.  Some swear they're 100%, others say they'll never be the same again.

ShortandStubborn

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »

The best stretching exercise for LL is to touch your toes with your legs straight.  That stretches the whole back of the leg where all the tendons are.

That works for both Tibia and Femur?

So probably about 5 months for you. 

That's a reasonable time.

Some swear they're 100%, others say they'll never be the same again.

At 5 CM, I think it's safe to assume a recovery at 90 to 95%. What say?

Guys, while we're at it, let's also discuss my proportions. I'm attaching a pic. The first mock-up was intended to be a 6.5 CM
on Tibia but I may have missed. Second's original. Third's 8 CM on Femur. Fourth's 8 CM on Femur + 6. CM on Tibia.

Sixsixmonster

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »

As a tall person I think you look best in the third picture, but if you'rr determined to be as big as possible, the fourth picture is far from being bad. I wouldn't go any bigger though as I think in the fourth picture you've maxed out your arm proportions.

Good luck and be safe.

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:46:33 AM »

Don't overdo it OP, proportions are an important part of your looks. You'll look good with a 5CM increase maybe 6CM but I wouldn't recommend doing more than that. It's not that you'll be a freak or that people will "notice" it and call you out, it's that your body won't look very good.

EDIT- Maybe it's the angle but your femurs look pretty short, 5CM would leave you proportionate and what's the difference from 7CM anyway? Look at a ruler it's not worth it to push it too far.

Keep Growing

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 12:35:21 PM »

Not sure if his femur is short or not. I think it's the angle of the picture....I get the same thing depending on the angle I take the picture. Try to measure you bones/X-ray before deciding.

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »

5CM would leave you proportionate and what's the difference from 7CM anyway?

Nearly an inch!

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 12:48:30 PM »

Your tibias look way too long in the first picture. Your femurs seem short, do femurs.

In which case you'll have to do internals (more costly) but be able to lengthen more.

Nightwish

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

I agree picture 3 looks the best.

Out of interest, what is your arm span?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

ShortandStubborn

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 08:46:40 PM »

wingspan 5'4'' to 5'4.5".
Femur 40 CM Tibia 32 CM

ShortandStubborn

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 07:40:34 AM »

As a tall person I think you look best in the third picture, but if you'rr determined to be as big as possible, the fourth picture is far from being bad. I wouldn't go any bigger though as I think in the fourth picture you've maxed out your arm proportions.

Good luck and be safe.

I like third picture the most as well. Problem is, it's done 8 CM on Femur and from what I've learned ya can't lengthen Femur alone
due to Center of Gravity issues. Apparently, that leaves ya with permanent knee pain.

Don't overdo it OP, proportions are an important part of your looks. You'll look good with a 5CM increase maybe 6CM but I wouldn't recommend doing more than that. It's not that you'll be a freak or that people will "notice" it and call you out, it's that your body won't look very good.

EDIT- Maybe it's the angle but your femurs look pretty short, 5CM would leave you proportionate and what's the difference from 7CM anyway? Look at a ruler it's not worth it to push it too far.

5 CM on each segment I take it? If so, that's quite reasonable. I mean, that's 4 INCHES in two surgeries.
Best number to regain athletic ability, look tall yet proportionate. My Femur's longer than my Tibia by 8 CM, by the way.

Not sure if his femur is short or not. I think it's the angle of the picture....I get the same thing depending on the angle I take the picture. Try to measure you bones/X-ray before deciding.

I've got 40 CM on Femur and 32 CM on Tibia with tape. I'll do the X-rays later.

Your tibias look way too long in the first picture. Your femurs seem short, do femurs.

In which case you'll have to do internals (more costly) but be able to lengthen more.

Femur's the best option for me, problem is, you can't lengthen Femur only from what I've read.
It messes with your center of Gravity hence permanent bad knee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up