Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Internal femurs result in amputation?  (Read 2760 times)

GoodEnough?

• Visitor
Can Internal femurs result in amputation?
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:49:59 PM »

Hello everyone I've always had issues with my height constantly believing Id grow taller but alas I recently checked my knee growth plates at 18 and have discovered all hope is lost. So I thought leg lengthening would help me make my dream a reality, especially since my girlfriend that I really really love is around 6 feet tall and it just feels weird not being there for her in terms of height. She has guy friends as tall as her and taller and her family towers over mine. Because of this I constantly find myself fighting with her due to my lack of self-confidence in terms of height.

I thought Id explain a bit about myself since it's my first post, anyway I was just curious can internal femur nails inserted from the hip result in failure and maybe so amputation?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Can Internal femurs result in amputation?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »

Possibly, but there's only a very small chance of that happening.

GoodEnough?

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 01:02:15 AM »

How small of a chance really? If I am going to a doctor whos done around 100 cosmetic LL surgeries is it safe enough?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 01:47:59 AM »

Hard to give the exact odds.  Definitely less than 1% though.

Sixsixmonster

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 01:54:13 AM »

How small of a chance really? If I am going to a doctor whos done around 100 cosmetic LL surgeries is it safe enough?

I really suggest you search google for medical journals about limb lengthening. Amputation seems extremely rare as this procedure is surprisingly old. But it's also worth reading the journals, especially to learn about the risks to your motor functions.

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 10:31:11 AM »

Hello everyone I've always had issues with my height constantly believing Id grow taller but alas I recently checked my knee growth plates at 18 and have discovered all hope is lost. So I thought leg lengthening would help me make my dream a reality, especially since my girlfriend that I really really love is around 6 feet tall and it just feels weird not being there for her in terms of height. She has guy friends as tall as her and taller and her family towers over mine. Because of this I constantly find myself fighting with her due to my lack of self-confidence in terms of height.

I thought Id explain a bit about myself since it's my first post, anyway I was just curious can internal femur nails inserted from the hip result in failure and maybe so amputation?

"Chance of bone infection are very less, however even if it occurs, it is treatable by other means, amputations are almost always not needed."
-Divya Ahuja, Dr. Parihar's assistant.

GoodEnough?

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »

"Chance of bone infection are very less, however even if it occurs, it is treatable by other means, amputations are almost always not needed."
-Divya Ahuja, Dr. Parihar's assistant.

So have there been any people on this forum that have done cll and suffered bone infections? Perhaps people who have done internal femurs?

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »

So have there been any people on this forum that have done cll and suffered bone infections? Perhaps people who have done internal femurs?

I'm curious about this too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up